It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are republicans without conscience or empathy?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
I think you better take a look at the news as of late.

We have idiots from both parties slapping each other on the back and smiling for the cameras over this debt ceiling bill, which doesn't amount to anything. It's a drop of water in the Pacific ocean.

Both democrats and republicans sitting up on the Hill fiddling while Rome burns.

What about the (Tea Party Movement) the "tea partiers" they are thought of as both liberal and conservative. They now have their members that have been elected to positions in the Senate and the House of Representatives. The (Tea Party) is against taxation in several areas, reduction in the governments spending ....reducing our nations debt. They are giving the Democrats quite a challenge. The Tea Party are considered by many to be (undercover Republicans).

As for Republicans having no empathy nor a conscience.....I think that is true for many politicians....they are into power, greed and pontificating,

edit on 3-8-2011 by caladonea because: add more

edit on 3-8-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707
She DID get herself pregnant.

How does that work?
It has been a while since I got that birds and bees talk but I feel like you are skipping something important here.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

We have idiots from both parties slapping each other on the back and smiling for the cameras over this debt ceiling bill, which doesn't amount to anything. It's a drop of water in the Pacific ocean.

Both democrats and republicans sitting up on the Hill fiddling while Rome burns.

What about the (Tea Party Movement) the "tea partiers" they are thought of as both liberal and conservative. They now have their members that have been elected to positions in the Senate and the House of Representatives. The (Tea Party) is against taxation in several areas, reduction in the governments spending ....reducing our nations debt. They are giving the Republicans quite a challenge.

Who are the liberal teabaggers exactly? I thought even they gave up trying to say they were not Republicans.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Undertough

What about the (Tea Party Movement) the "tea partiers" they are thought of as both liberal and conservative. They now have their members that have been elected to positions in the Senate and the House of Representatives. The (Tea Party) is against taxation in several areas, reduction in the governments spending ....reducing our nations debt. They are giving the Republicans quite a challenge.

Who are the liberal teabaggers exactly? I thought even they gave up trying to say they were not Republicans.

I should not have answered this thread before I had my morning coffee...(lol) I ment Democrats.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I should not have answered this thread before I had my morning coffee...(lol) I ment Democrats.

Then I am just going to ask all over again.
Who are these Democrat teabaggers, exactly?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Here is a link that explains who they are: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I am absolutely astounded that anyone would create a thread that is as hateful as this one. The obvious baiting for the purpose of trying to create arguments and tensions id laughable.

The whole problem revolves around us vs. them mentality. This is the two party system. I once tried to run for office as a Republican. After meeting with the caucus, my visions of making a difference were shattered. This is the same with both parties. If you do not agree with their platform, they will not back you or support your campaign. I quit being Republican and became an independent. I personally believe there are valid points on both sides of the isle, but the Democratic party has leaned so far left, and allowed for so much government intrusion into our freedoms that I am amazed any get re-elected.

As for the "gun" people are referring to, apparently you have never been on the bad side of the IRS. The power they have to ruin your life should be considered domestic terrorism. They answer to no one. They can do what they want, and their decision is final. So yes, we do feel there is a "gun" being pointed at our heads. For those of us who have owned businesses, we see the dirty side of taxation and so we are opinionated about it. We also see the lazy side of the isle as well. I personally have had employees quit to get welfare and food stamps. They just couldn't handle the pressure. I have also had to pay unemployment for someone who was fired for not showing up for their shift! Now tell me how fair the government is!

If you were true to yourself, and did a little research, you just might find that the Democrats in office are all very wealthy, they are the most corrupt while in office and are doing nothing more than trying to control you through social programs. But, again, this requires you to pull back the veil and actually see the beast for what it is. The Republicans currently in office are not much better, but at least they are not trying to make the government be my keeper.

As for the Tea Party movement, sit back and rewind a couple of years. A huge majority of Americans were sick and tired of being over taxed, not being represented by their elected officials, and tired of supporting other countries. They started a movement, and got a huge amount of their reps elected to office. All of this in two years. Now, one has to step back and really reflect on this. I have to conclude that this movement is the only one that TRULY represents what the majority of Americans want. If not, then the Tea Party would not have had the unprecedented success that it has.

Lastly, I take offense to anyone who sits back and accuses me of not being compassionate, or being a hate monger. I take my countries Constitution very seriously. ANYONE who comes here by an illegal means does NOT have my sympathy, anymore than a child molester does. They are breaking the law...PERIOD! they don't have to be Mexican to fall into this category. Of course most Democrats use the old terrorist method of labeling anyone who opposes illegal people in our country as being racist. The one word that can make any law abiding citizen cower from defending themselves. I also take issue with a government that tries to play nanny with it's citizens. Our founding fathers had a real problem with governments taking care of it's citizens, and so should I. you cannot claim to be a patriot and a defender of the Constitution and yet defend the government providing monetary support for it's citizens.

Now, if you want to have a civilized discussion about the current state of political unease in this country, I am more than happy to contribute. But if you continue to try and stereotype, and label with hateful classifications, I can only believe you are baiting and I will no longer participate.

Thanks for reading!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF
reply to post by spiritualzombie

Quit it!

If you look at our history in a non-bias manner, you will realize both democrats and republicans are consistently COLD HEARTED SCUM OF THE EARTH.

The ONLY difference is that Democrats PRETEND to care about you. They use this false concern to gain power for themselves and further their agenda.

Do not be fooled. Deny Ignorance.

Couldnt agree more!!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Here is a link that explains who they are: en.wikipedia.org...

I know who the teabaggers are. I am specifically asking you if you can name who these so called "Democratic" or "liberal" teabaggers are.

Can you name one?
edit on 3-8-2011 by Undertough because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
Threads like this really bother me. I see one group getting lumped into a category with assumptions being made on why they believe what they believe. You can't do that en masse. The Declaration of Independence....

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed...

All men are created equal... They are all entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.... That is where the equality lies. That equality doesn't mean everyone is entitled to affordable healthcare, it doesn't mean you don't have to work and Uncle Sam gets to take money from others so you can have a nice house, a cell phone, etc...

There are different circumstances when dealing with social aid programs. SOme folks lose their job, then their insurance, then have problems paying their mortgage or rent, can't buy groceries. So they get medicaid, food stamps, Section 8 housing vouchers, uncle sam gives you a cell phone to look for work.... So Mom and Dad go to work at McDonalds while looking for a real job, unemployment supplements them, section 8 helps them with the rent... A couple months later they find decent jobs, drop the unemployment. They keep the medicaid for 3 months till the work insurance kicks in. They are off section 8 in a couple months...

Now Joe Blow loses his job. He gets medicaid. He gets unemployment. He get's the housing assistance. He gets the cell. He gets food stamps. He doesn't bother to look for work until the unemployment is about to expire a year later. Then he only works long enough to refill the unemployment. He never get's off the other stuff.

Yeah the government is raising my taxes to fund both of those guys. I work my rear off and I lose 40% of my income when the 2nd guy loses nothing and actually gets 45k a year in benefits while not doing anything. So take stiff away from my kids and my family so he can stay home and watch tv.

We aren't a communal society. THis isn't a country where everyone get's whatever they want whether they work or not. THis country is where you work to get what you want. Hard work leads to success. Laziness leads to not having things, or it should. But it doesn't anymore. Everyone is fine no matter how hard they work. We stopped rewarding hard work we now penalize it. Steal from the haves and give to the have nots.

I have sympathy and have no problems helping people get back on their feet. I do have problems supporting people in perpetuity and allowing that to be ok. Remember when people were embarrassed to use food stamps? Remember when you didn't want to tell anyone you were drawing unemployment and when it was embarrassing if you lost your job? THis country has changed for the worse.

We need major entitlement reform. The government should give a helping hand, help folks get on their feet not support them forever. I give to charities who do a much better job helping people in a more cost effective manner than the gubment. But to a certain degree you should be able to choose what to do with the money you make rather than being told what to do with it, that isn't what America was intended to be. I should be able to decide if my family needs the money or if I can spare some to help you. congress should not decide that.

I grew up on a farm. When I was young we didn't have a lot of money. But when we'd go deer hunting we would take the extra meat to needy families.

This country is getting ridiculous. We've deviated so far from the founders intended path it's silly. What you deem as not being sympathetic some view as frustration with the entitlement system. They take and take and take... No options for the rest of us. Our congress is supposed to represent us. They don't. They make their own decisions rather than representing their constituents. THe elected officials don't do what they are supposed to, they don't represent our interests, they represent what will get them reelected and what is in their best interest.

From where I stand I should be able to choose how much I can afford to help others as opposed to having half of my tax dollars going towards entitlements for others. I'll help anyone as much as I can, I simply don't like the idea of being told exactly how much I have to help without regard for my situation. So you seem to think conservatives aren't sympathetic. Let me ask you this, why on earth do I need anyone to decide what's best for my family? And why should the government decide that someone else's family is more important than mine?

OK, the underlined is the problem. I guess most Repubs have zero idea what is received in the way of benefits. No one is living a 45K lifestyle from public assistance! Disregard the rhetoric that is preached by many of the most selfish and vile of politicians. I know because I work in the system....

What you have to do is take a look at even a moochers situation rationally. Unless Joe Blow has children, he will not receive medicaide first of all. Single men can not qualify for medicaide or cash assistance. And they are rarely given section 8 housing. About the only thing he will qualify for is the cell (cheap thing) and $200 per month in food stamps. Is that anything to envy him about?

The problem is people making assumptions and using too much imagination. Listening to some of the complainers in this post makes me think I should quit my job and go live it up like a welfare queen. Until I remember I work with the people daily and am aware of their true situations. People receiving public assistance receive JUST enough to maybe survive! My customers ask me constantly how are they supposed to make it off $200 per month cash and $400 per month food stamps.

Let me give you their real situation. Using the numbers above, the individual will have to have 2 kids to receive that. Because they are getting cash, they aren't receiving free public housing. Their rental office (who has access to their bank accounts as a requirement) will require them to pay a percentage of their welfare....probably around $100. So that's half of the cash gone off the bat. Problem is, the customer still has a light and possible gas bill...they have to figure how to pay lights and possibly gas with the $100 left over. Can any of you do this...even if you can, do you suppose your children don't need anything for the entire month?

Ohhhh....forgot about the foodstamps! I bet some of you are saying the person will sell some of her foodstamps, and you're probably correct. I'm pretty sure she has made it a habit to sell $100 of stamps for $50 to scrape by! So herself and two kids have to live off $300 of food per month. I don't know where she will get the money for dish detergent, laundry, feminine needs, etc!

If the moochers and lazy were getting over so great.........how come we all don't join them? It's because we all REALLY know that they aren't living great! Even if someone is milking the system and sitting home, barely making it, what is there to envy about that? I enjoy being able to take a vacation at least once a year! I enjoy not having to wait until tax return to splurge and get a BIG SCREEN TV (oh joy joy) or dvd player.....or have a late christmas for my kids! Heck, I enjoy not being required to submit my bank statement to my rental office every month! I enjoy not having to do housing inspections where they look for signs that a male is living with me (it's against the rules and will get you kicked off housing assistance). Can you imagine being an adult and another adult telling you that you can't have any visitors stay too long?

These are the sort things you have to consider before you damn or envy the welfare queen....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
if you look it up, republicans donate more money then democrats to chairity. Republicans know if you give a dollar to a non government outfit, that most of that dollar goes to help the person. That same dollar to the governent has to pay someone to collect that dollar, a person to decide how that dollar is spent, a person to give out that dollar, a person to make sure that the dollar was given out, and someone to oversee all of this.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

You are a funny guy, saddly ignorent, but funny. I just want you to remember that when they come for you, it wasnt republicans or democrats it was the police state dictatorship created by both of what you call partys just for you because they love you especially those republicrats, um sorry democrins, sorry i confuse them. Wakeup, they are the same monster and both want your money or your death which ever, it doesnt matter to them.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

What you have not stated is that every state is different in how welfare is handled. My daughter is on welfare. However, she is going to college to get herself out of the situation. But she does very well. She is in section 8 housing, so yes she does have to submit her bank account information. She is probably one of a very few who are not on it perpetually. Here's the reality. A single mother goes on welfare. Get's a boyfriend who makes decent money and they live it large. They buy/sell stuff either on eBay or craigslist. Cash money, not in the bank so unrecorded. I know how it all works, so spare me the rhetoric. I know there are those who abuse it, some of my daughters friends do. There are also those who do not and realize it is temporary.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Take a look at this, this might answer what your looking for

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Please stop being so dramatic. Again, just like all people on the left, you speak in generalizations. You group a republican party based on a couple hundred radicals that you have seen and heard from. Let me assure you, your side has many radicals as well. Big names ones too. Like Stalin, Castro, Karl Marx.

Do Republicans feel you should work and contribute for a living? Yes.
Do Republicans feel immigrants should die? No. But they should not break the law when coming here.
Do Republicans feel all Muslims should die? Again. No. It is not our party that started 4-5 separate wars or conflicts against Muslim nations. That was all Obama, a man of the left.

So in review. Do not generalize. Here is an example. "All red heads get mad easily" Not true. "All girls are slower than boys" Hope that helps. When stating your disagreements, be specific and you will be taken with more credibility. Unlike now.

Hopefully you have been enlightened. However I'm doubtful

edit on 3-8-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

DZAG,
I would like to have your input on my post from page 6. www.abovetopsecret.com...
Interested in your thoughts, as you work in the system.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
They sure do. As a whole, Republicans make larger donations to charities then Democrats.

If the Govt were to get out of the "Helping" business, then more people would have more income, allowing for individual choice for more donations.

When Govt gets involved, they are the middle man, and they do take their "fair" share.

edit on 2-8-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

Here's the thing, though. It's not really charity if you get a tax deduction for it or otherwise have to be coerced into giving it. Charity is giving, and giving freely, without asking, "What's in it for me?"

My sister once refused to buy Girl Scout cookies from my daughter unless she got a statement on Girl Scout letterhead saying how much she bought so she could write it off on her taxes.

It was $10 worth. I told her to keep her money.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

Please stop being so dramatic. Again, just like all people on the left, you speak in generalizations. You group a republican party based on a couple hundred radicals that you have seen and heard from. Let me assure you, your side has many radicals as well. Big names ones too. Like Stalin, Castro, Karl Marx.

It's easy to toss names around. Harder to come up with real-world examples in the US of leaders who have actually followed them.

Do Republicans feel you should work and contribute for a living? Yes.
Do Republicans feel immigrants should die? No. But they should not break the law when coming here.
Do Republicans feel all Muslims should die? Again. No. It is not our party that started 4-5 separate wars or conflicts against Muslim nations. That was all Obama, a man of the left.

What?!? Have you been paying attention for the last 10 years?

Go read some political history. Obama is no lefty. If the GOP hadn't moved so far to the right as to be a bunch of Bible-thumping fascists, they'd see that. And what we call "conservative" is in no way, shape, or form real conservatism.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
Why should I feel bad for a grown man or woman who got himself/herself into a bad situation? Why should they have my money? Why should someone tell me I have to give them my money?

Why should I be forced to help other people? If I want to help I'll do it by my own will, I won't need somebody to tell me when and how to help them.

Because that's what this life is all about. We are all one, even if you and a lot of other people HATE to admit it. When one fail, eventually we will all fail.

Also, why treat this life as if it's the end-all, be-all? You can't take NONE of your material possessions with you when you die...and yep, we all die.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
I feel this is a very legitimate question... In fact, I wonder if it's part of the republican ideology to frown on things like conscience or empathy? Do republicans view empathy as weakness?

I ask because I see a lot of posts about liberals being lazy, or the unemployed being lazy. That needy families should be cut from the welfare they count on to survive, or that healthcare should be cut. Muslims should be killed. Illegals should be killed. Enemies should be tortured. That we should embrace Big Oil over better renewable sustainable energy. And a complete lack of care and a complete lack of responsiblity for the envionment.

I see a very cold mentality devoid of all empathy, and in fact, very resentful toward the unemployed, the poor, and the needy. Hatred and blame toward illegals, with zero empathy expressed. I see a hatred toward muslims and a patriotism toward the U.S. that even war crimes committed by the U.S. is not an issue for republicans. Things like torture are shrugged off or coldly embraced.

There is just so much coldness from Republicans on what feels like every issue... I just have to ask... Are republicans without conscience or empathy?

Hahahaha. Of course that's what you believe. You surround yourself with propaganda from the left.

Tell me when you decide to use your brain.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join