It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are republicans without conscience or empathy?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
reply to post by spiritualzombie

Americans, no doubt, owe many other moral duties to his fellow countrymen; such as to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, shelter the homeless, care for the sick, protect the defenseless, assist the weak, and enlighten the ignorant. But these are simply moral duties, of which each man must be his own judge, in each particular case, as to whether, and how, and how far, he can, or will perform them.

edit on 2-8-2011 by METACOMET because: sp

No we don't. 30+ years of the feminist hate movement, 20+ years of blatant racism and persecution, f*&^ America. It is worth enduring not worth defending. And on top of all that we have to accept the fact that the older generations are giving our country away to foreigners. They would rather see illegals get an education over their own children. America as a nation is damned, all oaths between generations and citizens are utterly shattered. The only thing to do is wait until it comes to a crashing end. To see justice done upon those who deserve it.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This thread is up there on the "Worst Threads Ever" list.
Yes, all Republicans are devoid of any empathy toward their fellow human being, and the Tea Party is the Republican version of the elite "Revolutionary Guard".

And that evil arm of those bastards, the Koch Brothers, well they force 50,000 Americans to work well paid (mostly union) jobs.

Side note, Soros employs zero, however makes most of his money in the markets, like all those other Wall Street philanthropists.

I will pop open an American made Samuel Adams in toast when this thread is closed, as it should be.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
you all missed the target the problem is education, responsibility for your decisions and actions or lack of

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
whereas that party(republicans) pushs for a long term system of self sustain wealth creation system that has lifted more people out of poverty than that government has done nothing but to put more and maintain them in a lifetime of poverty.

The "long term system of self sustain wealth creation system" was certainly created by republican economic polices of the last 30 years in that wealth was able to easily create more wealth.

However, I'm not sure where you got the idea that this lifted people out of poverty.

In fact the gap between "The rich" and "the middle class" has widened dramatically.

In fact what we consider "middle class" is much much much worse off than it use to be.

less purchasing power and less assets.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

liberals aren't lazy, just a crazy...

Needy families shouldn't be cut from the welfare, just the ones that live on it permanently....

Healthcare should be something you pay for...

Muslims should be left to do what they want till they infringe on others rights , then punished like anyone else....

Illegals should stay in their own country or enter this one the proper way........

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
I feel this is a very legitimate question... In fact, I wonder if it's part of the republican ideology to frown on things like conscience or empathy? Do republicans view empathy as weakness?

I ask because I see a lot of posts about liberals being lazy, or the unemployed being lazy. That needy families should be cut from the welfare they count on to survive, or that healthcare should be cut. Muslims should be killed. Illegals should be killed. Enemies should be tortured. That we should embrace Big Oil over better renewable sustainable energy. And a complete lack of care and a complete lack of responsiblity for the envionment.

I see a very cold mentality devoid of all empathy, and in fact, very resentful toward the unemployed, the poor, and the needy. Hatred and blame toward illegals, with zero empathy expressed. I see a hatred toward muslims and a patriotism toward the U.S. that even war crimes committed by the U.S. is not an issue for republicans. Things like torture are shrugged off or coldly embraced.

There is just so much coldness from Republicans on what feels like every issue... I just have to ask... Are republicans without conscience or empathy?

Can you show us these posts that you are talking about? Because all i see is thread after thread after thread of how bad Republicans are. You want coldness? Take a look at all the Anti-Republican threads on ATS.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Ancient Champion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

It's a valid question...

If the resentment and coldness wasn't so consistent across the board... it wouldn't even occur to me to ask.

I would naturally assume that all political views come from a place of empathy, conscience, and compassion with a desire to make the world a better place for all people. Growing up in America, being taught the morals and values of our country, I thought one of our collected views was that we are all equal and when we find there are inequalities we change it to make it equal because that's who we are as Americans.

I also thought collectively we were against the rise of greed and corruption and that seeing an oil-rich nation get invaded, and watch as oil companies report record profits each year, and everyone knows the republican party, especially the Bush family, is deeply entrenched in big oil... I guess I thought collectively as Americans against greed and criminal activity, we would all see what's going on there.

Like, you see gays are not treated equally and simply want equal rights, and it effects you none at all, but you say, no, they should not be equal.

Or to favor rich over the poor? To say school teathers are terrible and lazy and get paid too much, and rich CEOs aren't getting paid enough- they actually need tax breaks?

Or you see illegals and you see them as a threat only, as a drain on society. I hear no empathy, I hear nothing to indicate a desire to figure out a path. While we remain this perceived great country of great opportunity, there will always be tired people who are yearning to be free, in desperate need of opportunity... and they will come here. We could all empathize with their plight rather than condemn them. We could find a fair way to make it work, but the general concesus amongst republicans is to resent them, ask for their papers, lock 'em up, deport them. Nothing more... maybe put up a wall with guns.

I see the problem is empathy, caring about people.Looking out for everyone, not just yourselves.

I know republicans are not dumb. I've had many conversations, and what I've found is, they know what's going on, but they don't care about it because they don't care about the people it affects, and they seem to mostly care about themselves, their own little bubble, and their money...

And so I ask... does this mean, you have to leave conscience, compassion, and empathy at the door to be republican these days? Is it actually being conditioned for republicans to frown on things like empathy and fairness?
edit on 2-8-2011 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Are you suggesting people should not have sex?

If you are not in a convenient position to raise a child, then you should either abstain from sex or have yourself sterilized. That's NOT an outlandish suggestion by any means. What's outlandish is acting as if women are victims of their own reproductive system.

Or are you suggesting that condoms never break or birth control never fails?

So what if they do? Everyone knows that those are consequences.

Are you suggesting that honest mistakes never happen by responsible people?

Consensual sex is never a mistake. That's a choice. People who are in no position to raise a child, yet still have sex, even while using birth control, are not being responsible.

There is ZERO insult to women in anything I've said. I defend a woman's right to her own body. To minimize the difficult choice of abortion, or even the experience of going through it...

You are not only insulting women, but every right-minded adult who has capabilities far beyond your expectations. Adults are fully capable of taking responsibility for their actions. A fetus is a complete separate entity from the mother and should be treated as such.

Difficult choice? Give me a break. Most women who have an abortion have had previous abortions. Abortion is not a diffcult choice for women who have no regard for the life of their own child.

What you're describing is a woman should be punished for having sex

That statement is pure insanity. A pregnancy is NOT a punishment. It's a natural consequence of sexual intercourse. You are once again acting as if the woman had no part in the pregnancy occuring. A pregnancy as a result of consensual sex is not a curveball thrown at you in life. You are where you are because of the choices you made. No one forced the woman to spread her legs and allow her egg to be fertilized. Women are NOT victims of their own reproductive systems and are not too stupid to understand the very simple biology of reproduction. Women who get themselves pregnant are not victims by any means.

While the laws provide her a way out, you would seek to hold her feet to the fire and dictate that she keep the child. And then when she has the baby she couldn't afford and needs welfare... what's your stance on that precious life... F 'em!

She will be on welfare even is she decides to have an abortion. Irresponsible people will always irresponsible as long as liberals keep reinforcing the behavior with handouts and acting as if the government functions to take responsibility for sexual behavior. I don't hold anyone else responsible for the choices I make. Liberals need to stop acting like whiny children and playing the victim all the time.

Society would be SO much better off if the pro-abortion, welfare cretins had never taken over.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

SHE got herself pregnant??

Sexist much?

Do you have selective seeing? I clearly stated there are TWO people responsible for a pregnancy. Pro-abortionists are the ones who say only one person is responsible for a pregnancy....and then blame the government for the pregnancy.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707
Difficult choice? Give me a break. Most women who have an abortion have had previous abortions. Abortion is not a diffcult choice for women who have no regard for the life of their own child.

Wow, okay. There you go, folks. Case in point.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Spiritualzombie,
I am full of compassion and empathy, mostly for bleeding heart liberals who are too blind to see that they are just tools. They are being used.
The leaders of the modern day democratic party are actually modern day slavers. And they use people like you in order to futher their own ends.
How many people do entitlement programs actually help? These programs were designed to keep the poor down, they make a very good voting base.
Why would I say such a thing? If you really wanted to help people get up on their own two feet would you........

A) Set up programs to build their self esteem, teach them to be self sufficient and help them find a job where they could be productive members of society. Or...............

B) Send them money or an ebt card every month.

I have seen a lot of talk about "republican brainwashing" in this thread. I wonder what those same people call it when most poor democrats vote democratic because of these entitlement programs that keep them below poverty level. Well those that aren't living in nice brick homes and pick their checks up from the mailbox in their bmw's.
For futher details on modern day slavery in the democratic party see www.abovetopsecret.com...
Bandage the bleeding Heart, dry your eyes and wake up,
Quad

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
nvm, the futility...
edit on 3-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707

SHE got herself pregnant??

Sexist much?

Do you have selective seeing? I clearly stated there are TWO people responsible for a pregnancy. Pro-abortionists are the ones who say only one person is responsible for a pregnancy....and then blame the government for the pregnancy.

That's your response?

SHE got herself pregnant is very clear. No matter what preceded it.

The rest of your comment is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Why should I feel bad for a grown man or woman who got himself/herself into a bad situation? Why should they have my money? Why should someone tell me I have to give them my money?

Why should I be forced to help other people? If I want to help I'll do it by my own will, I won't need somebody to tell me when and how to help them.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I feel this is a very legitimate question... In fact, I wonder if it's part of the republican ideology to frown on things like conscience or empathy? Do republicans view empathy as weakness?

I ask because I see a lot of posts about liberals being lazy, or the unemployed being lazy. That needy families should be cut from the welfare they count on to survive, or that healthcare should be cut. Muslims should be killed. Illegals should be killed. Enemies should be tortured. That we should embrace Big Oil over better renewable sustainable energy. And a complete lack of care and a complete lack of responsiblity for the envionment.

I see a very cold mentality devoid of all empathy, and in fact, very resentful toward the unemployed, the poor, and the needy. Hatred and blame toward illegals, with zero empathy expressed. I see a hatred toward muslims and a patriotism toward the U.S. that even war crimes committed by the U.S. is not an issue for republicans. Things like torture are shrugged off or coldly embraced.

There is just so much coldness from Republicans on what feels like every issue... I just have to ask... Are republicans without conscience or empathy?

In a word:

Yes.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Oh yippy another "republicans are evol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' thread

*sigh*

Yes yes, we are all evol and kick small kittens and pull the wings off of butterflies just for kicks.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

SHE got herself pregnant is very clear. No matter what preceded it.

She DID get herself pregnant. That's a fact even though she didn't do it alone. Pro-choicers use the "my body, my choice" slogan. If it's your body and solely your decision to end your child's life, then it's also YOUR responsiblity whether the pregnancy occurs in the first place. Don't be a hypocrite. I, on the other hand, think the mother and father are equally responsible for a pregnancy.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
As I stated in another thread, politicians in general are psychopathic:

www.youtube.com...

You cannot understand politics today without understanding psychopathic personality.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Personally I believe that when it comes down to "ends meat" the majority of the world relies on oneself and what they can to provide for their families and themselves. We live in a selfish society/world unfortunately. I believe that the worlds wealth should be distributed evenly with some exceptions. But that'll never happen because the world is to caught up in whats important to them instead of thinking of others.
It's not just democrats, congress, republican, Mexican, American or Canadian, It's just a human thing, and a human trait. Were a selfish race within a helpless world.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Decimation of the middle class?

Most "middle class" families and individuals don't even pay taxes anymore! Sure it gets taken out of their checks each week...but they get it all back, plus money that isn't even theirs at the end of the year. How is that fair again?

If you believe this then you are highly mistaken. I'm lucky to get back a third I pay in. Now where's my money. I guess it's being use to help support the welfare for the wealthy you know the people who cry we need tax breaks to create jobs but they get tax breaks and create no jobs. They should be jailed and charged with fraud.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join