It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are republicans without conscience or empathy?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
when the democrats stop supporting abortion,classwarfare and pushing social programs that enslave millions of americans with no other means of support as it stands right now i am not convinced they have any conscience or empathy.
edit on 2-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

First of all, you need to toughen up about abortion.

If you can understand war, if you can understand a president being put in the difficult position of sending young soldiers off to war, or bombing a village where innocent people reside... If you can accept collateral damage of innoicent lives for the greater good... I think you can learn to accept a woman's right to keep her baby or not. In fact with the population issue, we are definitely not in a place where we should be forcing people to keep children if they feel they can't afford it.

But I get it... you probably hate the family that has more kids than they can afford, and so goes on welfare, but would not have given them the right to abort the children in the first place.

Isn't interjecting your personal views on a woman's right just another example of big government getting in the way of people's lives... ? Just another example of republican hypocrisy...

The real issue is taking away womens' rights. Republicans have never had a problem with the death of innocents. But women's rights... that's a different story.

edit on 2-8-2011 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

There you go again accusing others of "hating" other groups of people based on moral and philosophical differences.

This isn't about women's rights and you know it. And please don't try to make the connection between casualties of war and the abortion of an unborn child.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
No, OP, but you are without reason or intelligence for being a partisan.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

There you go again accusing others of "hating" other groups of people based on moral and philosophical differences.

This isn't about women's rights and you know it. And please don't try to make the connection between casualties of war and the abortion of an unborn child.

A woman is chief in charge of her body... if she is pregnant and she can look out across the battlefield of life and know, this will not work out for the best, that in order for the greater good to succeed, whatever she considers that to be, the baby must cease to be, she has the right to make that tough choice.

And yes, absolutely it's about women's rights. Women's rights have been an issue for thousands of years. Why do you think it's the religious base that has problems with it? The same base that supports war and torture... but not abortion... hmmm... We find reasons every day for the justification for the slaughter of innocence... but it's the woman's right to choose that we get hung up on.

That said, I will say that republicans stance on abortion may be one of the only positions I see that they actually can make a moral and ethical argument, so I'll give you that. Even though its severely flawed and hypocritical... I will recognize the ethical stance on that one....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I have had many a debate with liberals on this issue. What it comes down to is this. While I may have empathy and compassion for those less fortunate than myself, I do not assume a responsibility to them in any way. If I am to be expected to assume a responsibility for the failures of others, then I must be part of the decision making process in that person's life on the front end of that failure, not after the fact.
edit on 2-8-2011 by mrbarber because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbarber
then I must be part of the decision making process in that person's life on the front end of that failure, not after the fact.

Careful what you wish for...because the liberals would love that too. That's why we have them fighting fast food restaurants and telling us what we can and can't do.

THERE is your liberal hypocrisy as well.

It's fine for a woman to kill her unborn child...but it should be against the law for you to super-size your Big Mac at McDonald's.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

then I must be part of the decision making process in that person's life on the front end of that failure, not after the fact.

Careful what you wish for...because the liberals would love that too. That's why we have them fighting fast food restaurants and telling us what we can and can't do.

THERE is your liberal hypocrisy as well.

It's fine for a woman to kill her unborn child...but it should be against the law for you to super-size your Big Mac at McDonald's.

Women have the right to choose when it comes to abortion, but our children are forced vaccines, yes I see your point.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I have had many a debate with liberals on this issue. What it comes down to is this. While I may have empathy and compassion for those less fortunate than myself, I do not assume a responsibility to them in any way. If I am to be expected to assume a responsibility for the failures of others, then I must be part of the decision making process in that person's life on the front end of that failure, not after the fact.
edit on 2-8-2011 by mrbarber because: (no reason given)

Reminds me of my favorite Jesus quote... "Why the F should I have to die for THEIR sins???"

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

I completely agree, once a politician, always scum, doesn't matter which side of the totem pole your on.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdimi
reply to post by EmVeeFF

I completely agree, once a politician, always scum, doesn't matter which side of the totem pole your on.

I think that's a little more cynical than reality...

I compare it to the movie business since they are all actors seeking fame and fortune...
Some go after it because they want to be rich and famous, others go after because they actually have integrity and want to make a positive change...

Then once they get their foot in the door, they see that money makes things possible, and maybe you agree to a big project you don't really like so you can get support for the smaller project you really care about... and it's like a chess game where you try to retain your soul and make small advances toward betterment... some stay in there constantly fighting the good fight like Ron Paul or a Dennis Kucinich... only to lose over and over but feel their voices are heard... others sell out to power and money...

But to say they are all scum is to call yourself scum because many people that get into politics are people like you and me who do it out of a desire to make the world a better place for ordinary people.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Decimation of the middle class?

Most "middle class" families and individuals don't even pay taxes anymore! Sure it gets taken out of their checks each week...but they get it all back, plus money that isn't even theirs at the end of the year. How is that fair again?

Then they arent middle class. They are, by definition, lower class.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
There's a trend among liberals of coddling and pitying fully grown, able-bodied adults as if they are incapable, helpless children. To me, that is a very disrespectful and condescending manner in which to treat your fellow citizens. Giving handouts to people who refuse to make an effort themselves to better their situation or take any responsibility is only reinforcing this behavior and will NOT decrease poverty or improve any aspect of society. Conservatives give far more to charity than liberals. Liberals obviously must have the government take their money and give it to those in need because they would have no motivation to help anyone if left to their own device.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I am actually still a registered Republican. I registered in 1968.

I'm sure there are still some responsible Republicans. I don't know what we have today that call themselves Republicans.

I was in a no-holds-barred political discussion forum (not ATS) for about 8 years - - - starting in 1998.

I went in as a Republican - - - I came out in opposition of the Republicans.

The new breed Republicans are Out of their Minds. They make no sense.

They love being riled up by the "Carnival Barkers" such as FOX News and Limbaugh.

They are just CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No other way to describe them.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707
There's a trend among liberals of coddling and pitying fully grown, able-bodied adults as if they are incapable, helpless children. To me, that is a very disrespectful and condescending manner in which to treat your fellow citizens. Giving handouts to people who refuse to make an effort themselves to better their situation or take any responsibility is only reinforcing this behavior and will NOT decrease poverty or improve any aspect of society. Conservatives give far more to charity than liberals. Liberals obviously must have the government take their money and give it to those in need because they would have no motivation to help anyone if left to their own device.

This idea that helping those in need is condescending.... Right... So much more compassionate to cut them off entirely. What a twisted spin this is... this is exactly what I tell myself when anyone I know is asking for help... I mean, I could help you move, but that implies that you're a little baby incapable of doing it yourself... Oh, you need a little money to pay rent? Well, I could help you, but I can't possibly do that without internally feeling resentful towards you and thinking less of you... and we wouldn't want that... best you do it yourself.

Ahh nice trick! Clears the conscience up real fast. No wonder you don't need a conscience to be republican... it's like an insult to feel compassion for people. I totally get it.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There was a scientific pole in Australia that found that suicide is up when conservative governments are in power

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.politicalforum.com...

People here never see the destructiveness of republican conservative policies.
To prove the OP theory all one has to see is that these guys always crying about “ the government is forcing me to give to the poor” NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT THEIR TAX MONEY KILLING IRAQI CHILDREN!

These people never see the old lady on Social security buying dog food

Or people without health care dying

Or children hungry and malnourished . . . POVERTY IN THE US IS AT AN ALL TIME HIGH!

Or the numerous homeless people who just a year ago had homes

They don’t want to admit these realities and those who do just give a dam

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Republicans have never had a problem with the death of innocents.

what do you think abortion is? legalized murder same thing as war sure you can hide behind womens rights

doesnt change the fact its still murdering someone who cant speak up for itself go ahead and ask the child hey do you want ot live or not? and thats when a certain group changes and rewrites the legal definition of "life"

lots of innocents have died at the hands of the democrats from world 1 to present day and hell even dropped the bomb twice of course when you get to write the definitions of good and justice thats easy

but it still doesnt change the fact war is legalized murder and the democrats have alot of blood on their hands

between war and abortion over 50 million dead by the way that could have ended up being tax payers or one of the greatest presidents in history.

i am a right winger i identify with both republicans and teaparties and hey should the government say a woman should have a child no but that also means i dont have to agree with it.

and nky said sure you cant tell some people what to do but do the same things.

my favorite jesus quote? why the blank should i pay more taxes lets just make all those evil rich folk pay
edit on 2-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie

Originally posted by EmVeeFF

Quit it!

If you look at our history in a non-bias manner, you will realize both democrats and republicans are consistently COLD HEARTED SCUM OF THE EARTH.

The ONLY difference is that Democrats PRETEND to care about you. They use this false concern to gain power for themselves and further their agenda.

Do not be fooled. Deny Ignorance.

First of all, being Democrat or Republican is not limited to the people in Washington. If as a voter, you feel gays should not have equal rights, or that healthcare should not be afforded to everyone, or that we have no responsibility to the envionment... or if you have no empathy toward illegals, and feel war crimes are just a normal part of war... I have news for you... the other voters out there who feel differently actually do care.

But you're saying we should not push for renewable fuel or reduced emissions regulations, because that's only pretending to care about the environment. We should not push for equal rights for gays because that only pretends to care about them. We should not push for medicare, healthcare, or welfare for people who desperately need it, because that's only pretending to care about people??

It's this cynicsm that also seems to be an inherent part of being republican....

I understand you don't want government forcing you to pay for things you don't agree with, but I still have yet to see any sort of empathy, compassion, or moral responsibility to help the needy, the environment, or issues of equality from republicans. War doesn't seem to be an issue for republicans though, nor is giving tax breaks to only the wealthiest individuals. Which, of course, neither of those stances requires any conscience or empathy.

The voice of republicans on these issues is pure resentment with no room for compromise. And despite all these posts, I see no evidence of conscience, empathy, or compassion
edit on 2-8-2011 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

I just want to go ahead and say that I completely agree, I don't want my hard earned money to go to things I could give a # about. Simply put I don't care to push for equal rights for gays because I'm not gay and it shouldn't be a problem to begin with, people just made it a problem. I don't care to push for Medicare, because I don't meet the requirements to be a part of medicare. As for Healthcare, or welfare for people who desperately need it, well, I don't need it, and to be perfectly honest I'm sick of being charged for other people's misfortune, that's my only sickness. I mean I'm all for giving a bum on the street some money if I have it, but to take money out of my paychecks, for god knows what, in all honesty without my permission, is just stupid. I understand that employees need to pay taxes, and support their government, but honestly when your government is doing a horrible job and you don't approve of anything they are doing, why should you contribute?? I think a lot of people living in America are asking themselves the exact same question. Something is going to have to change drastically in the near future, if it doesn't, I regret still being young, because it's going to get ugly...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Republicans believe nothing of the sort! Not all people who are poor are in their condition because of laziness by any means.

You may not believe this individually, but "Republicans believe nothing of the sort"

Don't be absurd...

"Most poor people deserve to be poor, because if they worked hard they could be successful."

"Poor is a state of mind...poor people have a victim's mentality"

"Most poor people are poor because they leech off the system rather than trying to better themselves."

---

Perfect timing...see below.

edit on 2-8-2011 by Jezus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

This idea that helping those in need is condescending.... Right...

Many of those people in "need" are perfectly capable of making their own living. They just refuse to because they know there's no reason to look for a job when they can make just as much by just walking to their mailbox every month. I constantly see this first-hand.

So much more compassionate to cut them off entirely.

Like the saying goes, "Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish, you feed him for a lifetime." Reinforcing irresponsible behavior is NOT an act of compassion. Government practices that discourage fully capable adults of prividing for themselves and instead insisting that they remain reliable on the government is corrupt and destructive.

I mean, I could help you move, but that implies that you're a little baby incapable of doing it yourself

What a laughable comparison. Multiple people moving furniture gets the job done faster and saves one person from doing all the back-breaking work themselves. Taxpayers are the ones busting their butts working only to allow the lazy people to lay around and not have to work for what they have.

... Oh, you need a little money to pay rent?

There ARE people who never develop financial independence and constantly ask others for money.

Ahh nice trick! Clears the conscience up real fast. No wonder you don't need a conscience to be republican... it's like an insult to feel compassion for people. I totally get it.

Liberals must have Peter Pan syndrome....they think childish, irresponsible behavior from adults is normal, acceptable development.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Perfect timing...see above.

---

Originally posted by inforeal
These people never see the old lady on Social security buying dog food

Dog food isn't that bad. She shouldn't be jealous of what wealthy people have...

Or people without health care dying

They should take care of themselves. They are too lazy to work out at their gym and they are too mentally weak to eat a healthy diet.

Or children hungry and malnourished . . . POVERTY IN THE US IS AT AN ALL TIME HIGH!

It isn't my fault these kid have weak and lazy parents. Their parents should have studied harder in school or not had kids at all...

Or the numerous homeless people who just a year ago had homes

They shouldn't have tried to live in a house above their pay grade.

They were greedy and stupid for agreeing to a mortgage they couldn't afford.

They don’t want to admit these realities and those who do just give a dam

I recognize these things as real but they aren't my problem.

It isn't my fault these people are poor...

It isn't my fault people are lazy, stupid, and weak...

Why should I be punished just because some people suck at life?

Survival of the fittest...
edit on 2-8-2011 by Jezus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join