It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are republicans without conscience or empathy?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
and, OP, I don't think you'll find that republicans want "immigrants killed."

Hyperbole, in any discussion, is the tool of the defeated or the ignorant, or both.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine

Hyperbole, in any discussion, is the tool of the defeated or the ignorant, or both.

The reason I've included that is because I've heard many times support for fences and guns along the border, where the idea is, if you see them trying to cross, you consider them enemy invaders and shoot. Now maybe these people were speaking from anger, or didn't really mean it... How am I supposed to know... I only recognize the clear resentment in their words and their violent rhetoric. Take it for what you will. I'm glad you don't agree.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Are democrats without logic or reason? Legitimate question...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sianara

Mine the border? Candidate says it's an option

hosted.ap.org

The Republican nominee for a New Mexico congressional seat suggested during a radio interview that the United States could place land mines along the Mexican border to secure the international boundary.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/15/2010 by semperfortis]

Originally posted by proteus33
YOU WANT TO SECURE ARE BORDER EASY. put up a mine field post it as a mine field in spanish english arabic and chinese. spread out around field
dead animal bones that are broken up. they will get the idea.

Originally posted by babybunnies
If I wanted to secure the border, I wouldn't bother with a fence.

Just deploy landmines, and turn on different sections on different days, completely randomized, out of the hands of border security. USA seems to think it's okay to use landmines to secure borders with North/South Korea, why not for their own borders?

Heavily sign post the mined areas and heavily advertise in Mexican media that the border is now mined, and that they proceed at their own risk.

Would stop all illegal immigration in a real hurry, for relatively few $$$. Much cheaper than a fence, much cheaper than deploying the National Guard.

edit on 4-8-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by macman

yeah and talk about bigtory this thread is a classic disconnect they have.

hate for the rich
hate for the christians
hate for everyone who doesnt agree with their veiwpoints.

perfect examples and there are many in here.

i have never yet met a liberal democrat who has walk their talk

numerous threads on this site are the proof of this
Feel free to provide any evidence for any of those things (preferrably not from right-wing propaganda sites which is where you most likely got them from to begin with).

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie

Neo,

I am trying to be fair and ask simple questions of the conscience.

Do you feel empathy toward low income families on welfare or toward illegal immigrants who escape their land to come here? Have you felt empathy toward gays who were not allowed to marry or serve openly in the military? Do you feel empathy toward the unemployed struggling for work and income who rely on unemployment insurance to get by?

If you care, why might you vote against them... Wouldn't that require you to ignore conscience and empathy?

Do you find it easier to support government assistance to the wealthy over government assistance to the poor?

edit on 4-8-2011 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

May I? As a so-called "socio-republican" voter,I do feel (I believe the word you are looking for is) sympathy for the low income family who needs assistance WHILE THEY ARE TRYING TO GET BACK ON THEIR FEET... I do sympathize with the immigrant who comes here (legally or illegally, i don't care) TO WORK so that he can take care of his family.*

I DO feel for the gay/lesbian couple whose marriage isn't recognized by the state. I wouldn't feel any less married to my wife if our gay friends were legally married. What I find is disgraceful to the institution of marriage is the countless hetero couples that get married on a whim and can't stand each other after a week. Would two men living out the rest of their lives as a loving married couple be a bad thing? HELL NO, In fact it may even give the whole concept of marriage A LITTLE BIT OF DIGNITY...

Do I feel sympathy for the unemployed drawing a check right now? Sure I do, I'm looking for work myself. I DO THINK IT IS A BIT ABSURD that the fed will now allow someone to collect for up to three years. If you are out of work for months with no prospects you should GET YOURSELF SOME DIGNITY AND GO FLIP A BURGER!!!

I do feel for these people, but I do vote against social welfare because IT IS NOT MY PLACE TO TELL OTHER TAX PAYERS THAT THEY HAVE TO HELP OTHERS through their hard times. I don't want you telling me who I am going to help, my money belongs to me and you can do whatever you like with yours. Yes I do have a conscience and it bothers me when I take something from someone that they don't want to give. It really doesn't matter how much a person has, IT DOESN'T BELONG TO ME, YOU, OR ANYONE ELSE! That my friend is what EMPATHY ACTUALLY MEANS! Thinking of how you would feel if you were in their place. Not feeling sorry.

Look man, I don't know what exactly you are trying to prove here, but all that you seem to be accomplishing is making a complete fool of yourself. I'm not trying to be an ass or hurt your feelings but the vibe that I'm getting from you is that you are either extremely naive about every aspect of humanity, or you simply trying to justify the feeling of entitlement that you obviously have towards other people's hard earned success. You‘re acting like the rest of the world owes you something just because you are unhappy.

You asked if republicans feel empathy (even though I think you mean sympathy)? The answer is yes to both, but when some guy comes up to you on the street and starts asking for change, that you would give in a second if you hadn’t left everything in the pants that you just changed out of, and he calls you a liar, tells you that you’re a dick, and tells you that you owe him for being better off than himself. Even though you originally wanted to help the guy, you would feel any kind of sympathy for him after that. In fact, you would probably feel more like he was trying to rob you than asking for charity… this is how you are acting right now.

You came out from the very start asking if reps were socios (incapable of feeling anything for anyone but oneself, zero empathy), said how you feel that we are less evolved and basically stupid because we don’t believe as you do, called us bigots, racist, and intolerant, and on and on… then you got to the point of how we are all hateful and cold and care only about money. Why the # would anyone want to help you? Oh, I see it now, it an issue of the conscience right? I do have a conscience my friend, but I also have common sense enough to know when I’m being manipulated by an emotional bully like you.

If you and the rest your liberal friends feel that strongly about helping others, go do it. Just don’t be that asshole on the sidewalk treating everybody else like # because they have more than you and you feel like you deserve it.

PS- Read my other post on pg. 16, I had some questions that you didn't answer

And what the hell are "questions of the conscience?" Should I feel guilty for owning property or for working hard and giving my family what they need instead of giving to the people that you or uncle sam feel are more deserving?

Can you give an example of "programs for the rich?" or whatever you exact wording was... I've never heard of such things, please enlighten me.
edit on 4-8-2011 by TheThirdAdam because: Missing text

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

i swear people can not read on this site and do your own leg work

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I know right?

Originally posted by technical difficulties
Feel free to provide any evidence for any of those things (preferrably not from right-wing propaganda sites which is where you most likely got them from to begin with).

It is like you did not even see the words he used, let alone read them correctly.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

And you're more than free to provide those threads for evidence (since you are the one who made the claim to begin with). Or you could just be more specific in your claims allowing me to attempt to disprove them. Your choice.
edit on 4-8-2011 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

not very empathetic.

do you just gloss over posts or what?

anyone who has read any thread on here knows
edit on 4-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

love that deragatory term you used there

the proof is in the thread

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Kitilani

love that deragatory term you used there

the proof is in the thread

Which term might that be?

Proof of what? I am now proof that the left is all full of hate?
How did I get to be so powerful.

How about this.

Neo, I love you. You are truly a wonderful addition to ATS and sometimes I feel life would be so empty without you.
Now I just proved that the left is loving. Anything else I alone can prove about half the country for you?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

Sorry to break it to you but for the most part welfare does not help.
Are there some success stories? Yes. But how more are failures? Entitlement programs do not work. Unless you are the one recieving the votes.
I added a link in one of my post in this thread, prehaps it may help you understand what I am talking about.
I know you'll never look for it though.
Good luck and good day,
Quad

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

not very empathetic.

do you just gloss over posts or what?

anyone who has read any thread on here knows
edit on 4-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I do not understand why you are claiming there is something wrong with me referring to people the way they chose to be referred to. I find it quite respectable when people refer to me on my own terms. I am just returning the favor.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie

The reason I've included that is because I've heard many times support for fences and guns along the border, where the idea is, if you see them trying to cross, you consider them enemy invaders and shoot. Now maybe these people were speaking from anger, or didn't really mean it...

>>>>> How am I supposed to know.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheThirdAdam
May I? As a so-called "socio-republican" voter,I do feel (I believe the word you are looking for is) sympathy for the low income family who needs assistance WHILE THEY ARE TRYING TO GET BACK ON THEIR FEET... I do sympathize with the immigrant who comes here (legally or illegally, i don't care) TO WORK so that he can take care of his family.*

I DO feel for the gay/lesbian couple whose marriage isn't recognized by the state. I wouldn't feel any less married to my wife if our gay friends were legally married. What I find is disgraceful to the institution of marriage is the countless hetero couples that get married on a whim and can't stand each other after a week. Would two men living out the rest of their lives as a loving married couple be a bad thing? HELL NO, In fact it may even give the whole concept of marriage A LITTLE BIT OF DIGNITY...

I really do mean empathy, but sympathy works too. I'm talking about really being able to imagine yourself in their shoes, not just feeling bad for them. I think everything here sounds totally reasonable!

Do I feel sympathy for the unemployed drawing a check right now? Sure I do, I'm looking for work myself. I DO THINK IT IS A BIT ABSURD that the fed will now allow someone to collect for up to three years. If you are out of work for months with no prospects you should GET YOURSELF SOME DIGNITY AND GO FLIP A BURGER!!!

I do feel for these people, but I do vote against social welfare because IT IS NOT MY PLACE TO TELL OTHER TAX PAYERS THAT THEY HAVE TO HELP OTHERS through their hard times. I don't want you telling me who I am going to help, my money belongs to me and you can do whatever you like with yours. Yes I do have a conscience and it bothers me when I take something from someone that they don't want to give. It really doesn't matter how much a person has, IT DOESN'T BELONG TO ME, YOU, OR ANYONE ELSE! That my friend is what EMPATHY ACTUALLY MEANS! Thinking of how you would feel if you were in their place. Not feeling sorry.

Yes, and in their place I would want assistance. That would give me the hope to keep me from losing my home in the short term until I found work. Three years is a crazy long time, I agree, but I also think this situation unemployed people are in was the work of corrupt people from the top... people who actually received way more compensation for their economic F-up in the form of a bailout than the simple guy on unemployment. So... while I agree it's excessive... I'm okay with it short term. I could also agree to shorter term. As is, might save some suicides, murders, and robberies.

But regardless of my view I can see that you're not coming from a place of simply calling them lazy for not having a job, or referring to them as a drain on society. You're entitled to your opinion of course.

Look man, I don't know what exactly you are trying to prove here, but all that you seem to be accomplishing is making a complete fool of yourself. I'm not trying to be an ass or hurt your feelings but the vibe that I'm getting from you is that you are either extremely naive about every aspect of humanity, or you simply trying to justify the feeling of entitlement that you obviously have towards other people's hard earned success. You‘re acting like the rest of the world owes you something just because you are unhappy.

No one owe's me anything. I work for every dollar, I pay my own bills, and I help others around me who are less fortunate. When I was a kid, my family was on welfare and we rose up from it. I have a respect for the system, and would much rather pay into that than give a guy on the street 5 bucks for alcohol... though I will offer to buy them food from time to time. I believe in helping people. The government spends billions on military, billions on black budget programs... in the midst of all that blood money, I am all for some of that going for the good of people who need it.

We might disagree on some issues, but you're a reasonable human being. I think you took offense to some things that were not intended so I have chosen not to respond to those. I think yours is a great post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

P.S. Can you give an example of "programs for the rich?" or whatever you exact wording was... I've never heard of such things, please enlighten me.

Bush Taxt Cuts for only the wealthy that were always intended to be temporary. It was a sticking point for republicans. They would sooner let the entire country default than give them up. These millionaires and billionaires would like to cut government assistance for the poor, but they claim to still need their tax cuts. That's F'n greed and I think you might even agree with me on that.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Bush Taxt Cuts for only the wealthy that were always intended to be temporary. It was a sticking point for republicans. They would sooner let the entire country default than give them up. These millionaires and billionaires would like to cut government assistance for the poor, but they claim to still need their tax cuts. That's F'n greed and I think you might even agree with me on that.

Did you just cut and paste the Democrat talking points? wow. Not only do you come across as woefully ignorant, but also easily manipulated and weak-minded. sad, sad days we're in.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Did you just cut and paste the Democrat talking points? wow. Not only do you come across as woefully ignorant, but also easily manipulated and weak-minded. sad, sad days we're in.

Ironic...

The only reason "the rich" are able to control our government and destroy our environment is because people are so "easily manipulated and weak-minded".

But I agree it is sad, sad days we're in when people defend such limitless greed...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

Ironic...

The only reason "the rich" are able to control our government and destroy our environment is because people are so "easily manipulated and weak-minded".

But I agree it is sad, sad days we're in when people defend such limitless greed...

I'm "The Rich" by Obama's standard, yet I own 37 acres, don't hunt, believe in conserving all wildlife refuges (just today I called the EPA to let them know a very VERY rare burrowing owl had taken up residence on a plot of land slated for development... heh... THAT'S gonna piss off a lot of people, but... go owl!).

Explain to me how "the rich" are destroying the environment?

Now, on your point about how the rich control the government, there I'll agree. I give you George Soros, not even a US citizen, who funds myriad media groups in the US with the goal yoking all of us under socialsim, statism, and the complete loss of individual freedom. So what's to do? Find enough money to fight him. Not much else, but I'd entertain alternatives that don't involve shooting.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Explain to me how "the rich" are destroying the environment?

Originally posted by Jezus
The problem is these issues effect the entire planet.

The air, the water, and the land.

Upper Ringwood residents' environmental battle showcased in HBO documentary
www.northjersey.com...

This is one example of what is happening all over our world.

Corporations control the regulators. The people get poisoned. The richer get richer.

People suffer and others benefit from this suffering.

So what's to do?

Find enough money to fight him. Not much else, but I'd entertain alternatives that don't involve shooting.

Empower our government to stop the destruction of the environment.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join