It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Are republicans without conscience or empathy?

page: 20
39
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie
 


hrmmm but but they dont pay taxes just ask geithner unlike the rest of all those evil "rich" folk
edit on 4-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)




posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie

Originally posted by macman

If children don't want to play fairly, sometimes a parental figure must step in to keep one group from beating down another.


A quote echoed by every Liberal I have ever come across. I believe Clinton gushed with joy over the Hippie asking the same kid of question during a presidential debate.

Govt is akin to Parents. Love this.


Is this the limit of your ability to address this? A simple mocking with no defense? Here's an idea, how about you convince me that corporations would never discriminate against race, age, sex, religion, or disability even if there were no laws to protect those groups. Maybe try to convince me discrimination no longer takes place in the work place... or as a republican why you think an employer should be allowed to discriminate. Explain why this should be allowed in a land of supposed equality?


edit on 4-8-2011 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)


I can't and won't, as it will never go away. It is not possible. Legislation or not. It is engrained in Humans to categorize things, people, interactions and so on.
I believe it is the right of each person to like or not like someone, something or groups there of.
If they do not like me because of my race or gender, so be it. I do not care.
If I am denied a job at Company XYZ because of race or gender. So be it. I do not want an authoritative Govt stepping in, forcing that company to hire me only to know I am there now, based solely on the "Parent" stepping in.
Same goes for being a consumer.

There is the main difference.

I do not expect to walk around Watts, go to a restaurant and expect to not be looked upon as an outsider. I just don't go to Watts. Govt does not need to step in, as I know how to avoid the issue.
Everyone is happy. I am not forcing my way in, and those there are not forced to except me.

The Govt can only achieve what you rely on by force. Force via physical, taxes, laws, fines or what ever.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright
 


Your quote,

"Yeah, our society has let a lot of people down with our educational system. They don't help kids realize that there are nearly limitless professional avenues for making money. They need to do this at an early age. Instead of directing a kid who will never be a scholar toward school, why not direct them toward vocation? "

LOVE IT. This is something I strongly advocated for but as you can tell, was never succesful with.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
reply to post by DZAG Wright
 


Your quote,

"Yeah, our society has let a lot of people down with our educational system. They don't help kids realize that there are nearly limitless professional avenues for making money. They need to do this at an early age. Instead of directing a kid who will never be a scholar toward school, why not direct them toward vocation? "

LOVE IT. This is something I strongly advocated for but as you can tell, was never succesful with.



Where does the parent become involved? Or is it solely left to the Govt school to tell the student??

GOVT does not solve problems. Govt makes it harder to create solutions.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by spiritualzombie

Yes, because clearly the wealthy who now control the country have shown an ability to exercise restraint and fairness without any need for regulation.

And th poor, the masses can do better?
Oh wait!
They tried that. Around 1917, in a little country called Russia.


Do you really believe it's one or the other? Either we give up everything to the top 1%, or else we become like the Russians? Either we leave the unemployed, sick, or poor to suffer or else we become like Russia? I'm beginning to think that you're good at little quips, but no so much in rational thought.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by macman
 


Of course that needs to be a decision within in the family.
But a pretty good idea, right? As long as the goverment stays out of it.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by spiritualzombie
 


hrmmm but but they dont pay taxes just ask geithner unlike the rest of all those evil "rich" folk
edit on 4-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)


Neo, on the topic, I have yet to see a post of yours represent an example of republican empathy, compassion, or conscience.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie
 
Psst! I'll let you in on a little secret. The way it's set up now? With some hard work, creativity, imagination. . . YOU could be part of that 1%.

Boo-yah! Run with it zombie! Run with it!



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie
 


on topic

the republicans step up on that cross and nail after nail get pouned in their hands being crucified for the sins of the democrats and have done so for decades.

theres your conscience and empathy



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by spiritualzombie
 
Psst! I'll let you in on a little secret. The way it's set up now? With some hard work, creativity, imagination. . . YOU could be part of that 1%.

Boo-yah! Run with it zombie! Run with it!



Are you suggesting that to be part of the 1%, is to no longer be concerned with what happens with the other 99%? I have news for you... the amount of money I make does not dictate my compassion or empathy or a desire to see fairness for other people.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by spiritualzombie
 


on topic

the republicans step up on that cross and nail after nail get pouned in their hands being crucified for the sins of the democrats and have done so for decades.

theres your conscience and empathy


Actually, I think that's a clear indication of resentment... not to mention delusion.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by spiritualzombie
 
Psst! I'll let you in on a little secret. The way it's set up now? With some hard work, creativity, imagination. . . YOU could be part of that 1%.

Boo-yah! Run with it zombie! Run with it!



Are you suggesting that to be part of the 1%, is to no longer be concerned with what happens with the other 99%? I have news for you... the amount of money I make does not dictate my compassion or empathy or a desire to see fairness for other people.

Zombie, babe, kiddo, shookums. . . . you can be rich and still care. It isn't an either/or.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie
 


that coming from the thread author who resents anyone who doesnt think like democrats

this thread has been nothing but resentment by you castigating the people you cant stand if you didnt wouldnt have made a thread about it.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by spiritualzombie

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by spiritualzombie
 
Psst! I'll let you in on a little secret. The way it's set up now? With some hard work, creativity, imagination. . . YOU could be part of that 1%.

Boo-yah! Run with it zombie! Run with it!



Are you suggesting that to be part of the 1%, is to no longer be concerned with what happens with the other 99%? I have news for you... the amount of money I make does not dictate my compassion or empathy or a desire to see fairness for other people.

Zombie, babe, kiddo, shookums. . . . you can be rich and still care. It isn't an either/or.


So, you're saying people can work hard to become top 1%. What are you saying by that? What is your point exactly if not to suggest that to be 1% will help shift one's focus from the other 99%?

Beezer, you're all quip and no substance.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 


What disgusts me most about the thread author and people who think like him, is the hypocrisy.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by spiritualzombie
 


that coming from the thread author who resents anyone who doesnt think like democrats

this thread has been nothing but resentment by you castigating the people you cant stand if you didnt wouldnt have made a thread about it.


Neo, I am asking you if in order to be all for supporting the wealthy, while showing no support for the poor, minorities, or environment, if that requires a lack of conscience or empathy. It seems to me if a person can only support the side that is against gays, muslims, women's rights, poor, unemployed, illegals, or the environment... that it would indicate a lack of empathy.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman
 


GO a head , continue to tax them. See what happens. If you havent opened a history book in the past 200 years, your going to be in for a real suprise. But if you have. You will see any goverment that has continued down that path, has ended up in poverty and bankrupcy, which in turn is given to the citizens of that nation. Poverty for all.

So go a head. See what happens.

The funny thing is, you think that taxing them more is going to make a difference in the huge debt we have obtained. It wont make a drop in the bucket.
Even funnier........you think taxing the rich is a new idea


Your too funny, I know have to go to bathroom before I wet myself.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie
 


omg stop repeating mainstream reguijation thats what you think then forget it

talk about brainwashing

yeah right the only good people in this world is the democrats.
edit on 4-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43
 


i agree kelly came into this thread with preconceive notions and now is try to justify them to all "the evil right wingers".

meh



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by spiritualzombie
 


omg stop repeating mainstream reguijation thats what you think then forget it

talk about brainwashing

yeah right the only good people in this world is the democrats.
edit on 4-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)


Dude, it seems like you squirm under the question, and only offer childish retorts, so maybe you need to leave this topic. You so far only support the theory of lack of empathy toward others, so it's not like you're helping your case anyway.

I do find it interesting that republicans support government assistance for the wealthy but not for the poor.

edit on 4-8-2011 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
39
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

log in

join