It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are republicans without conscience or empathy?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

I didnt know that all whites where christians? I didnt know all people in the United States were succesful? I didnt know that all people who owned a business were law abiding? Wow, you are so gifted

Why do you group those people together? Because as I just pointed out, they are not all the same. But for some reason you think they are. Wonder where you have obtained this way of thinking? Very scary

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

I didnt know that all whites where christians? I didnt know all people in the United States were succesful? I didnt know that all people who owned a business were law abiding? Wow, you are so gifted

Why do you group those people together? Because as I just pointed out, they are not all the same. But for some reason you think they are. Wonder where you have obtained this way of thinking? Very scary

I never said all... but white, Christian, wealthy, job creators... Yeah, that's possibly all the same person. But whatever, sorry to offend your clear diversity

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Hmmm...apparently Herman Cain is unaware that he is black? Guess he isn't a former CEO of a corporation either? Wow, I am so mis-informed!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie

Originally posted by beezzer

Oh my god! And you see the government in the role as parent?

I guess that'll sum up this umpteen-page thread.

I definitely see the government in a role to step in where inequality is an issue.

The government creates false inequalities so it CAN step in!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
reply to post by DZAG Wright

I agree with some of your thoughts. Nice post by the way.

However, I will counter with a question

I ask this question because I have worked for the state before. I was a public school teacher for 4 years.

I have seen many families live off of goverement programs and funding that others have paid for through tax money. I have seen endless amounts of families or individual continue to take social security, welfare, etc

Now I know what your saying, hes selfish. He has no concept of what they are going through.

Just the opposite. For two reasons. One I worked side by side with their children for years, and have experienced some of their hardships right along with them
Two: My family was no different. My father grew up eating rice and beans in Biloxi Mississippi. He had two shirts and two pairs of pants. A father that wasnt around and very limited oppurtunities.

He moved to the midwest with his mother, graduated, went to college, graduated, went on to obtain his masters and graduated. Was teacher for 30+ years and a business owner. He then became an elected official. Among many other achievements with local businesses and industries. He is the definition of the American dream. It can be done.

This is where I agree with you. Growing up in my family, I was taught through enough hard work and effort that anything can be accomplished. This is where my belief system was created. From my upbringing and surroundings. I truly believe that, Im currently doing that. I have had advantages in life over others. But not many, my father wouldnt allow it. lol. However, everything I have achieved has been through my own efforts, and every failure has been no ones fault but my own.

I believe there are people out there that need assistance. That need those programs to survive. And Im all for it.
What I’m not for is the encouragement of apathy. I’m also not ready to give my support to the federal government to support these programs. What program do they run that has been successful? It’s hard to think of one. This should be done through the local government and should be closely monitor and evaluated with the families progress and needs. When we all contribute, we will all be successful. I know we all can’t, and that is fine. But we need to start to eliminate the ones who can contribute from the mass that cannot. When the president and government focus more on free hand outs than actually fixing the problem and running it efficiently, then we can expect no one to succeed. I also find it hard for the top 10 percent of America earners who already pay 80% of taxes to pay anymore. Remember, these are the people who create jobs. Not all of them are caring and supportive. Some are greedy and money hungry. Regardless, they create jobs. Put people to work and contribute. When they are taxed, and taxed, and taxed, they will take their company elsewhere, or close it down all together.

Most of this may not make sense. I’m kind of rambling right now. But maybe you start to see my history and where I come from and why I believe what I believe.

We hold these truths to be self–evident,
That all men are created equal,
That they are endowed by their Creator
with certain unalienable Rights,
That among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–
That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men,
Deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

and the pursuit of Happiness. It’s a pursuit. It’s not guaranteed in this country. There is no guarantee in life. Except for death and taxes. lol

edit on 4-8-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the compliment and I can understand where you're coming from.

I am against generational poverty myself, I understand why it exists, but I'm against it. What burns me about persons on assistance when viewed as able bodied is the waste of a human potential. At the same time, I try and resist passing judgement and..........perhaps the person is satisfied and happy in their capacity?

I know what many of societies outcasts go through because I was once one of them. I've been a drug dealer and I've been poor to where I should have been on assistance. Only reason I wasn't, I was unaware that a single male qualified for foodstamps. That could have saved me some hungry days and nights. Me receiving stamps could have prevented some of the robberies I committed also. If I hadn't found a job when I did, there was going to be a innocent person murdered because I needed money and it was rumored he had money in a safe. Yes, he was already chosen.

That was a dark time in my life....

So I know that even those who are abusing the system and seem to flaunt it, that's just a show. It was a defense mechanism created to avoid embarrassment. Same way a lot of kids who are the class clown are that way because they have some issue that embarrasses them so they crack jokes before they get cracked on.

When you're on assistance, you have just enough to live. Nothing extra is given. In fact you are given less than needed on purpose it seems. So if you qualify you'll have a roof, foodstamps and maybe cash assistance, but you have to look at the quality of the roof. The quality of the stores they shop at. How far that cash assistance actually goes.

It's the reason I feel nothing but pity for my customers who receive assistance. They can't live as I do where I take 1 or 2 vacations per year. They can't commit to buying a luxury item on Friday, luxury items only occur during tax return time or as a gift from someone. Actually, if they haven't worked any then they won't get a tax return! They don't know how it feels to walk around with plenty of money in their pockets. When I was poor, having a dollar in my pocket felt good! Now I feel broke if I don't have at least $50! They adjust to living with less and make adjustments and adaptations.

Our society is what has created the truly lazy people. I know this because when I was a drug dealer, this guy offered my entire crew a job once. Times were hard even dealing drugs and we JUMPED on the job. To my surprise, the guys who had been life time drug dealers and never held a job, were the HARDEST workers I'd ever seen in my life!! I was shocked...(I didn't come from that lifestyle of drug dealing, I fell in it due to hard times). They were woke bright and early every morning and at the job sight they worked their tales off. They actually felt proud to tell people that they weren't hanging out because they had to go to work in the morning.

Yeah, our society has let a lot of people down with our educational system. They don't help kids realize that there are nearly limitless professional avenues for making money. They need to do this at an early age. Instead of directing a kid who will never be a scholar toward school, why not direct them toward vocation?

My amateur psychological evaluation, is that most lazy people are lazy because they don't know their options. They've been pushed in a certain direction that they didn't like. No one told that little boy that since he like bugs (in secret) he could pursue a career as a (I forget name) bug scientist. No one told that brash little girl that she doesn't have to go work for someone, she can open her own business making doll dresses....even though her mother thinks it a silly idea.

People are subconsciously rebelling against being slaves. We are slaves to the direction our society pushes us in. We either conform, go to college and go labor on someones job, or we getted stepped on. Of course with a few who begin their own company and recruit people to enslave.

Since awakening to what's really going on in this physical realm, I've begun enjoying myself. I see the game for what it really is. That's all this really is....a big game.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
so true

were all americans

no no your african american
no no your irish american
no no your hispanic america
no no your asian american
no no your oppressed
no no your oppressed

we need more government!!!!!!!
edit on 4-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

If children don't want to play fairly, sometimes a parental figure must step in to keep one group from beating down another.

A quote echoed by every Liberal I have ever come across. I believe Clinton gushed with joy over the Hippie asking the same kid of question during a presidential debate.

Govt is akin to Parents. Love this.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Oh my god! And you see the government in the role as parent?

I guess that'll sum up this umpteen-page thread.

I definitely see the government in a role to step in where inequality is an issue.

The government creates false inequalities so it CAN step in!

Wait...you actually believe inequalities are government-created false illusions? That is an incredible-- nearly unfathomable level of ignorance. I'm going to throw you a bone and say you don't really believe that.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Originally posted by TheThirdAdam

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Reason being, everyone is held accountable. In a capitalist society, someone who doesn't contribute is simply forgotten and stepped over....left to exist as best they can (illegal activities possibly).

What makes you think that there is no accountability in this? The option to fail is possibly the most effective incentive to give someone who refuses to help themselves. And as they already have the mentality that they deserve things that they didn't earn, chances are that they will resort to crime anyway. Do all thieves not share the same false sense of entittlement?

Yeah there isn't any real accountability. It's the reason we have so many people who aren't contributing now. The attitude is "oh well, sorry for you....gotta go to work now." We just leave them to either make it or not.

Let me destroy that "entitlement" thingy you have. A poor person or a criminal doesn't think they're entitled to anything. I've been both and I've never thought I was owed anything. I had to work for everything I got. The difference is what YOU would call work and what MYSELF would call work.

For instance a drug dealer works....just as hard as anyone else! A homeless bum works harder than a person who has a job!

AH, the waxing of the light fantastic To sit around and philosophize the ideas of man and the individuals take on why the sky is blue. Is it blue because of how the sun, atmosphere and refraction work? Or is it blue because man has deemed it blue in their ongoing attempt to categorize everything on earth.

I am where I am in life because I have worked hard. Harder then most. I am rewarded for my hard work with a good living, and a portion taken to provide for those that don't have what I have.
It is punishment, pure and simple.
If I work even harder, to make more money, then I get punished even more.
With the Govt operating under the guise of "helping" people, no good deed goes unpunished.
Whether it be me and my hard work, the people on their own accord feeding the homeless, kids selling lemonade or organic farmers.
Once the Govt takes over, they do not allow anyone else to do it anymore.

Exactly where are you in life? Are you going to die and look back and say, "Darn, I got caught up in self glory again and forgot the reason I incarnated was to learn compassion! Oh well....lemme try again...maybe I'll choose to be born with no arms or legs this time."

Yes the government needs to be fixed and cleansed.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

If children don't want to play fairly, sometimes a parental figure must step in to keep one group from beating down another.

A quote echoed by every Liberal I have ever come across. I believe Clinton gushed with joy over the Hippie asking the same kid of question during a presidential debate.

Govt is akin to Parents. Love this.

Is this the limit of your ability to address this? A simple mocking with no defense? Here's an idea, how about you convince me that corporations would never discriminate against race, age, sex, religion, or disability even if there were no laws to protect those groups. Maybe try to convince me discrimination no longer takes place in the work place... or as a republican why you think an employer should be allowed to discriminate. Explain why this should be allowed in a land of supposed equality?

edit on 4-8-2011 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Wait...you actually believe inequalities are government-created false illusions? That is an incredible-- nearly unfathomable level of ignorance. I'm going to throw you a bone and say you don't really believe that.

A persistant need for government oversight/intervention/regulation/hand outs is what is destroying our country. And it is progressives like yourself who will herald its ultimate demise.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

If the top 10% are tired of paying 80% of the taxes (not strictly true, only maybe income taxes), then perhaps if they paid people more and employed more, then the tax burden would be spread out more, yes?

My heart bleeds for them, though, after all that taxing, taxing, taxing, they only have 93% of everything...boo-freaking
-hoo.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
In regards to the triangle shirtwaist fire, I was just trying to show, that, in a Libertarian anarchist unfettered capitalist utopia, those tragedies would be common,.......today.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

As my kind of person.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

A persistant need for government oversight/intervention/regulation/hand outs is what is destroying our country. And it is progressives like yourself who will herald its ultimate demise.

Yes, because clearly the wealthy who now control the country have shown an ability to exercise restraint and fairness without any need for regulation.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
wealthy like obama and the congressman?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
In regards to the triangle shirtwaist fire, I was just trying to show, that, in a Libertarian anarchist unfettered capitalist utopia, those tragedies would be common,.......today.

I'll star you for the clarification.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Yes, because clearly the wealthy who now control the country have shown an ability to exercise restraint and fairness without any need for regulation.

And th poor, the masses can do better?
Oh wait!
They tried that. Around 1917, in a little country called Russia.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
wealthy like obama and the congressman?

The same wealthy Obama who pushed to lift the special tax cuts that only applied to the wealthy.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Please read my topic.... I just don't talk about how german deserters were related to as... just check out my long title I couldn't fit..Just watched a show about the Wehrmacht during WW2 and how deserters were related to as "terrorists" sound familiar? Would you be willing to step up for your beliefs? Please respond.... I want to talk to you guys about the possibility of rescuing our country even though we might be labled as terrorists... Do you want our Republic to turn into a Capitalist State?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join