It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are republicans without conscience or empathy?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
We are broke because the dimocrat leadership refuses to stop two wars Republicans started and,in fact,started a 3rd without any sort of approval....those same dims also insist on spending us into the ground with social programs that feed people who have been on welfare for so many generations,there isnt even a genetic memory of how to hold a job,other than walking to the box once a month for a check,and getting on a bus to the polls every two yars to vote dim....and its a wonder we are broke?...if Republians wars are so bad,why doesnt the majority leadership in DC stopped them and ordered the troops home?...huh huh huh?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by linux2216
Rep/Dem politics is a charade. There is only one party: the elite oligarchs rapt with world domination and the accumulation of wealth. So easily fooled are those that participate in the spurious debate.
edit on 8/3/2011 by linux2216 because: I was dead at the time.

Shhh.....your ruining the Republican bashing thread.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
I feel this is a very legitimate question... In fact, I wonder if it's part of the republican ideology to frown on things like conscience or empathy? Do republicans view empathy as weakness?

I ask because I see a lot of posts about liberals being lazy, or the unemployed being lazy. That needy families should be cut from the welfare they count on to survive, or that healthcare should be cut. Muslims should be killed. Illegals should be killed. Enemies should be tortured. That we should embrace Big Oil over better renewable sustainable energy. And a complete lack of care and a complete lack of responsiblity for the envionment.

I see a very cold mentality devoid of all empathy, and in fact, very resentful toward the unemployed, the poor, and the needy. Hatred and blame toward illegals, with zero empathy expressed. I see a hatred toward muslims and a patriotism toward the U.S. that even war crimes committed by the U.S. is not an issue for republicans. Things like torture are shrugged off or coldly embraced.

There is just so much coldness from Republicans on what feels like every issue... I just have to ask... Are republicans without conscience or empathy?

It's a little bit of that mixed in with ignorance, lack of education, and doublethink brainwashing. Many right-wingers have been convinced via ingenious methods to work against their own best interests. Many believe that what they believe is right... but at the end of the day, most right-wing policies are pretty bad for humans and the environment.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Republican or Democrat, they're both the same thing. They both just take turns fleecing the American public. The only difference is the way they do it and they lies they tell to justify it.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

Wow. Wow. Wow. Seriously?

I don't like the Government "helping" people.. true ..

I do like charity.. personally giving to help people, volunteering ... etc.. etc... etc..

But I have no empathy for people who demand social services through government. Because .. imo .. it's not what our government was intended for.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Empathy is just the capacity to recognize and, to some extent, share feelings that are being experienced by another sentient or semi-sentient being. It could be your puppy dog. Why would anyone you ask if republican can feel that. i think your question in its self, shows where you are coming from. young people
Welfare you say, well i will say we need more jobs so that able bodied people can go out and work. I do not like to see second and third generation people on welfare.
When you say 'embrace Big Oil over better renewable sustainable energy' what are you talking about, there is nothing more avalaible, less expensive than oil, renewable energy 'yes' but we anit even close. it just basic science. Humans need cheap, avalaible energy to move forward, to live.
As far as the illegals, i think you should try entering any other country, pick the one you wish, I mean physically sneak into some other country and see what happens.
As far a muslims, i think they bring on themselves.
As far as patriotism toward the U.S. that even war crimes committed by the U.S. What are you talking about. War crimes is what happened to that Pearl guy or the nighclub bombing or the world trade center or gunning down people in the street.
I think you should address your questions of this nature to what i call the ruling class. And to yourself. you know you can turn over you pay check to the feds, but i would rather feed and cloth my family.

Give a man a fish.......

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Jezus
I'm not sure what you mean by there are no classes in America.

But everyone is dependent on the government in some ways. The people who use welfare and food stamps really get the least out of government because they never acquire any assets.

An it's the fault of the rich, huh??

In some ways, but taxes are not punitive. They are a fundamental part of capitalism.

The only way the "capitalism game" can continue with competition is by taxing "the rich" the most.

Originally posted by macman
Just because they do not acquire assets, does not mean they benefit any less.

Actually it does. "The rich" benefit from and depend on "the government" much much more than anyone else.

edit on 3-8-2011 by Jezus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Not all of them. Just the sociopathic ones.

Same with Democrats.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Universer
Not all of them. Just the sociopathic ones.

Same with Democrats.
You would pretty much need to be a sociopath to want to be in public office.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
This thread is up there on the "Worst Threads Ever" list.
Yes, all Republicans are devoid of any empathy toward their fellow human being, and the Tea Party is the Republican version of the elite "Revolutionary Guard".

And that evil arm of those bastards, the Koch Brothers, well they force 50,000 Americans to work well paid (mostly union) jobs.

Side note, Soros employs zero, however makes most of his money in the markets, like all those other Wall Street philanthropists.

I will pop open an American made Samuel Adams in toast when this thread is closed, as it should be.

Toast to you as well. I will open a Hungarian rosé but chat with mostly Americans here as a pastime.
I'm not sure about the Kochs, they seem to be deeply manipulative to put it mildly.

Mr. Soros does employ a number of people - he opened whole universities where his American experience is a topic among others - in finances, philosophy etc. He wrote books. He did lots of intelligent charity work in Eastern Europe preceisely to bring about a rapprochement to democracy and specifically to American values, without arms and wars. He's done a lot - I have resepct from him and I readg his book "The Alchemy of Finance" wherein he simply demolishes the Adam Smithian "law" of the supply and demand. By his own financial experiments - risking his own assets.
That guy is smart but honest.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbarber

I have had many a debate with liberals on this issue. What it comes down to is this. While I may have empathy and compassion for those less fortunate than myself, I do not assume a responsibility to them in any way. If I am to be expected to assume a responsibility for the failures of others, then I must be part of the decision making process in that person's life on the front end of that failure, not after the fact.
edit on 2-8-2011 by mrbarber because: (no reason given)

Reminds me of my favorite Jesus quote... "Why the F should I have to die for THEIR sins???"

This is typical of the godless liberal mindset. Jesus was a teacher. He didn't necessarily want to die for our sins, he was commanded to by God,the Father. He even prayed to have that cup taken from him. I am particularly fond of the quote, "If you GIVE a man a fish he will eat for a day. If you TEACH a man how to fish, he will eat for a lifetime."

If you are a loser, my condolences, but I owe you nothing, which is equal to the investment you have made in your own life.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
There is a deeper root of that.
Human societies have these contradictory motivations: to go out hunting alone or with a few, requires a totally different hormones and values. To raise plants in your neighborhood, to care for children, etc. are coming from a community or herd mentality - feel for the other person, care for them.

Edge Reps were usually extolling the values of selfishness and capitalism these days. They said they valued independent thinking but in actuality many of them were just mouthpieces of the Hunters' Party.

A Hunter in the City?
Duh!

Jesus would obviously not support most average Republican thinking, but there is more Christian mentality allegedly there. Karl Marx would call many American Dems compromise-foreign folks - many corrupt - but sometimes they would get to a level he called "The Romantic Capitalist."

Also, America was a vanguard for a decade in changing consciousness, discovering new psychologies, new music - nem type of paniting, films. And now we are supposed to be back in business as usual because those guys blew up my solid little life.

Ayn Rand is the worst case - a nut. She was in love for years with a serial killer.

With her, it's the ideology. With Limbaugh and Hannity, paranoid hatred is just spewing forth all the time . against those very folks who changed consciousness etc.

I am glad that in spite of the inflammatory title, this thread has some philosophy asnd experience. Annee should be considered. Its perhaps the most important post so far.

Neo just shoots at all fishes and does not notice the other persons here at all,

Autism is more frequent in right-wing families.

A demonic force divides and conquers people here America these days, Pluto opposing the two-faceted Gemini.

Leave your apartment open, like sie ITalians, put out a round cheese in a qooden plate, and a Diccho (couch) to lay down and a flaslk of opened wine. Let the guest amuse themselves before we even talk... Then we can talk whe you woke up.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You know... I believe in class warfare and that the government needs to focus on poverty as much as war. I probable split from the dems after that.

That being said democrats are intellectual dishonest because our social programs are ran inefficiently.

Republicans are either blind or destructive wanting to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Our social programs are inefficient and need reform. The republicans could help but all they want is dismantling of the system. The democrats pushed them there however.

The social programs help counterbalance capitalism's destructive side. The current republican party is so randian brain washed they can't see that capitalism is 1000xs more messy than democracy.

If capitalism had the perfect set of parameters to operate in (and by this I mean government controls) then social programs wouldn't need to exist. The banking collapse is all evidence a reasonable person needs to see our capitalist system is malfunctioning.

Until our economic system is fixed our social programs will increase. The republican party refuses reforming this system. This sin belongs to the republican party.

Our entitlement system is a bureaucratic nightmare. It needs streamlining, and honestly should be managed on a local level. There have been no attempts to accomplish this. This sin belongs to the dnc.

Right now there can be only one focus and that is the economic system. Its too difficult to correctly fix a subsidiary system when the primary is out of order.

The republican party by refusing economic controls being implemented and discussing this are the primary cause of current ills.

The time to fix social programs is not when they are relied on the most, but the least. The republicans should have accomplished this during Bush. Instead they repealed all other economic safeguards, took a huge risk, and now social programs are our last resort.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I am particularly fond of the quote, "If you GIVE a man a fish he will eat for a day. If you TEACH a man how to fish, he will eat for a lifetime."

This is exactly why we should be teaching our brothers and sisters how to fish...

...but why should I use MY time and MY equipment to teach someone else how to fish?

It isn't MY fault they are too stupid to learn how to fish!

It isn't MY fault they don't have any equipment!

They are too lazy and stupid to make a fishing pole and teach themselves!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

I agree. If people believed that quote all education would be free, and student loans forgiven, since they were just learning to fish. Few practice what they preach though.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by linux2216
Rep/Dem politics is a charade. There is only one party: the elite oligarchs rapt with world domination and the accumulation of wealth. So easily fooled are those that participate in the spurious debate.
edit on 8/3/2011 by linux2216 because: I was dead at the time.

Shhh.....your ruining the Republican bashing thread.

Forget the party. Look at the voters. Voters who care only about themselves, their own little bubble. Voters who resent illegals, gays, muslims, low income, and unemployed. Don't give me the stupid argument that both are the same when I can talk to one person who feels compassion and a deeper understanding and desire to help vs another person who only feels contempt.

You would love to blame it on the party, but I'm also including you personally. The voter. I see a severe lack of empathy, compassion, or conscience from republican voters across the board.

Just seems like to vote republican these days, you need to leave compassion, empathy, and conscience at the door.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Forget the party. Look at the voters. Voters who care only about themselves, their own little bubble...

...You would love to blame it on the party, but I'm also including you personally. The voter. I see a severe lack of empathy, compassion, or conscience from republican voters across the board.

You can't forget the party.

You can't forget the corporate controlled media.

These people do not lack empathy. They believe that weakness (lazy, immoral, pathetic people) are the cause of the world's problems. They believe republicans are doing the right thing.

This has been engineered.

You can't call someone evil because they are brain washed.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

It's not about the party. I dont understand why this is so difficult for peopleto seperate.

It's about what you personally believe in. It's about what you care about, or what you don't care about. It's about who you feel empathy or compassion for and who you feel resentment towards. And where do you put the importance of money in there.

I am saying on so many issues across the board it seems the republican voter tends to feel resentment, anger, aggression or downright hatred, and rarely to I hear a republican voter expressing sincere empathy and compassion or taking a political stance that would indicate empathy, compassion, or conscience.

edit on 3-8-2011 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

I am particularly fond of the quote, "If you GIVE a man a fish he will eat for a day. If you TEACH a man how to fish, he will eat for a lifetime."

This is exactly why we should be teaching our brothers and sisters how to fish...

...but why should I use MY time and MY equipment to teach someone else how to fish?

It isn't MY fault they are too stupid to learn how to fish!

It isn't MY fault they don't have any equipment!

They are too lazy and stupid to make a fishing pole and teach themselves!

It is your fault if you are personally asked as an individual by another individual. Its not your fault when you let government do it. How could it be your fault, you gave your fair share to teach them. No personal responsibility is the norm for anyone who votes. Left, right or center.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Republicans, even though they promote the "law of the jungle", "every man for himself" philosophy, are not completely without empathy or compassion.

So what they do to fight that is they hide behind their statistics and don't actually interact with the poor and homeless at all. They really don't know how bad it is for 1 in 6 people looking for a full-time job. All they see is an iPhone in the unemployed's hand from a distance.

So sit back and watch U.S. unemployment figures skyrocket, U.S. wages plummet even more, and the nation crumble. We'll see this get critical before the end of 2012.

Riots in the streets. Armed insurrection. State secession threats. It's over. This was all planed by multi-national corporate executives who want to keep U.S. wages as low as their foreign slave labor.
edit on 3-8-2011 by ren1999 because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join