It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are republicans without conscience or empathy?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
Why should I feel bad for a grown man or woman who got himself/herself into a bad situation? Why should they have my money? Why should someone tell me I have to give them my money?

Why should I be forced to help other people? If I want to help I'll do it by my own will, I won't need somebody to tell me when and how to help them.

Because that's what this life is all about. We are all one, even if you and a lot of other people HATE to admit it. When one fail, eventually we will all fail.

Also, why treat this life as if it's the end-all, be-all? You can't take NONE of your material possessions with you when you die...and yep, we all die.

Life is all about someone making you do what they consider is the right thing to do? I see...

Life IS the end all be all because we don't know if there's anything after, there probably isn't. That's not saying HORDE YOUR MONEY, that's saying "do what you want with your life and don't let anybody else tell you what to do with it."

I feel sorry for you if you think life is about letting other people tell you what to do.

I see nothing in either of our posts having to do with "being told what to do".

Oh...so Republicans think that this physical life is the End All, Be All. Explains a lot more...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Again, your childish statements mean nothing on here. You have no facts, no proof , no historical evidence.

Please take this advice from Ron White

"The next time you have a thought... let it go."
Ron White

edit on 3-8-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

What we view as "facts" are merely the findings of flawed men.

People who harp upon "fact" are the ones holding this world back, an example. TPTB can insist that there isn't any other intelligent life because right now at this moment we have no evidence and thus it can't be stated as a "fact". Now perhaps they have an entire alien colony hidden somewhere, but because they keep it from our eyes, they can dismiss it.

Facts...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

reply to post by MegaMind

Wasnt refering to and injury in the past but the future with drug use if drugs were legal.
Just maybe, some smart guys who have a medical degree determined that drugs were real real bad for the body and said that continued use would be bad for the individual. Just maybe. But again. Talking to brick wall.

Maybe if you stoped holding your breath, you wouldnt have such a big head and your skin would'nt be so blue.

Love your statement by the way, how you dont use

edit on 3-8-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

Ohh, you don't mind doing what someone say when it aligns with you....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Rep/Dem politics is a charade. There is only one party: the elite oligarchs rapt with world domination and the accumulation of wealth. So easily fooled are those that participate in the spurious debate.
edit on 8/3/2011 by linux2216 because: I was dead at the time.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Not sure what you are saying or refering too.
But yes.
That is what values are.
Something of importance, with merit, or hold strongly. Consistent.

When people share the same values, then yes, I will agree with them and support them.

Kind of a weird concept huh

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

When Republicans speak to American citizens they hope you understand, when Democrats speak to American citizens they hope that you don't understand. That is the main difference between the two sides of the same coin.

I can think of both Republicans and Democrats who share the qualities and characteristics of what you have detailed, really has very little to do with the party line.

To Republicans I would say "Those who trade freedom for security deserve neither."

To Democrats I would say "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."

Dance my little puppets, dance! We have provided you with the background, the music and the audience. Now dance!

Sheep? No....... we are conditioned fodder for the next, 'modified' generation to feed upon as they, and their NWO, grow.

Upon the ashes of death does life renew, what you see before you is nothing of what either party originally was, but a crumbling husk of long forgotten ideals.

So are Republicans heartless? Some are, yes. Are Democrats heartless? Some are, yes.

"Relativity and logic are both relative and logical." - Me

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikemp44

Like it mike. Well put and well said.
We need more thoughts like yours.
Keep posting.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

And democrats contributing 50 billion less than Republicans is a what kind of sickness? Selfish? Greedy? Hypocryte?

Nice try to defend them on coming up 50 billion short with charities.

As I state, the Democrat solution is to pool everyones money and take care of the problem. If I pay my taxes to feed people, there's less stress for me to give to individuals I deem worthy.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Not sure what you are saying or refering too.
But yes.
That is what values are.
Something of importance, with merit, or hold strongly. Consistent.

When people share the same values, then yes, I will agree with them and support them.

Kind of a weird concept huh

You just stepped in it....

Truly considerate people support even those they don't agree with.

As I said, separatism and self righteousness....full display.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

2. Wanting to get rid of tax cuts for the rich (given the fact that they own the majority of the wealth) is not class warfare (whereas letting them have tax cuts and cutting social programs is), so that's two you got wrong.

If you are going to discuss taxes on the "wealthy" then please know what you are talking about.

The Ultra-wealthy do not pay taxes PERIOD.

They do not earn Wages like we do. They have trust funds and foundations, all nicely sheltered and they OWN corporations. Cargill for example is owned by the Cargill and MacMillan families. JBS-SWIFT is owned by the Batista family. (two of the top ten controlling the world food supply)

The Grupo Andre Maggi International Finance Corporation is 100% owned by the André Maggi family. Fidelity Investments and Magellan Fund are mostly owned by the Johnson family. The Johnson family controls a large chunk of Monsanto through their various funds.

Is that now understandable??? Tax on income only taxes the "middle class" that is the workers who earn wages from someone else or unincorporated small business people. These people are "wealthy" only in your eyes but not really wealthy in the grand scheme of things. They are the "Bone" the truly wealthy throw at us when someone agitates to "Tax the wealthy"

Here is the second and hardest to understand part:

General Electric CEO Jeffery Immelt was tapped to lead a newly created Council on Jobs and Competitiveness. by Obama.

Take a good look at G.E. and think of the CEO's political clout. Do you really think their tax bill will go up???

G.E.’s Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

General Electric, the nation’s largest corporation, had a very good year in 2010.

The company reported worldwide profits of $14.2 billion, and said $5.1 billion of the total came from its operations in the United States.

Its American tax bill? None. In fact, G.E. claimed a tax benefit of $3.2 billion.

The company has been cutting the percentage of its American profits paid to the Internal Revenue Service for years, resulting in a far lower rate than at most multinational companies.

Its extraordinary success is based on an aggressive strategy that mixes fierce lobbying for tax breaks and innovative accounting that enables it to concentrate its profits offshore. G.E.’s giant tax department, led by a bow-tied former Treasury official named John Samuels, is often referred to as the world’s best tax law firm. Indeed, the company’s slogan “Imagination at Work” fits this department well. The team includes former officials not just from the Treasury, but also from the I.R.S. and virtually all the tax-writing committees in Congress....

Still with me??? Want to know how the big corporations do it???

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This thread is a clear example of how ats has changed from 2010-2011. The "I got mine therefore FU" mentality is reinforced by none other than mods themselves. It is true that the dem/rep system is just the old good cop/bad cop strategy all orchestrated by billionaires. Republicans blatantly pander, protect and further shower wealth on the rich while democrats wail and moan yet go along with what the opposition wants every time (except on trivial bs to keep the veil of political choice alive, of course). Amazingly, many on this site still buy into this obvious garbage which is mind blowing, but I digress.

Anyhow, that the majority of posters in this thread nonchalantly avoid the issues of war funding of billions into trillions and bailouts + tax cuts for the mega wealthy that also go into trillions is truly disgusting. These individuals skirt the criminal funneling of trillions of taxpayer money into the coffers of the rich yet repeat the reaganite mantra of blaming the unemployed (made unemployed for the bottomline of the rich), the elderly and disabled/vulnerable lumping them into the anecdotal "welfare queen" category. That, right there, is sickening and beyond inhuman. That the leadership of ats down to the mods and the questionable replybots embrace this train of thought is what has created an unspoken exodus of critical thinkers from this site since last year.

If people who are brainwashed by government propaganda rule this site, how are we supposed to enjoy a climate of enlightenment and intellectual evolution here?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
Still with me??? Want to know how the big corporations do it???

They do it with full faith and knowledge that they have paid for these protections from the government. If government did not have a monopoly on the use of violence, it would be a far different world

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Here is the "judgement" card once again rearing its head. Republicans desire the ability to JUDGE and SEPARATE who gets what.

It's really a childish sickness...

So you are saying that it is " a childish sickness" to be against a person getting a housing subsidy and food stamps when he is not working at a job.....

Even though he is blowing a $250,000 trust fund check every month.

You must be VERY VERY young.

Compassion without judgment is cruel in the long run.

You are seeing the build up of resentment from a working life time of enforced giving by a lot of people. People who remember a different type of "Charity" then Government extortion. They have seen all the abuses of the system and the third generation with no intention of working. The hear THEY will not get the money they thought was their pension because politicians have used it to buy votes and then hooked those voters on "free handouts"

I have lived in inner cities, I have given the down and out a place to stay... and I have been ROBBED all times but one andI have even had my life threatened for not forking over ANOTHER several thousand.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

The media harps on democracy while Americans are ruled through fear and violence. Sadly, peaceful protests and innumerable letters to congresspeople will not change this. Sadly, violence must be met with violence for real change to happen. Problem is, the government has bigger guns, bombs and lobotomized imbeciles to pull the trigger as underlined by the majority of posters in this thread. Nauseating.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

You know that white people, who are downtrodden, sick and/or old also receive these "vast amounts of monies" in govt help? Your anecdotal evidence of inner-city people (translates to minorities in right-wing speech) being two-bit criminals and bums is a poor method of measuring society. You think the elderly (who are entitled to the money the paid into the system) and the poor on welfare are living the high life with what they get? You are seriously willfully confused.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

You know that white people, who are downtrodden, sick and/or old also receive these "vast amounts of monies" in govt help?

Of Course I KNOW!

My DIRECT experience as well as my LESSONS on how to is direct from a bunch of CONMEN who play the game.

The sick and old you are talking about often get NOTHING because they never learned to "play that game" correctly.

Go live in the inner city for twenty years or so and see how the system actually works.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Your anecdotal evidence of inner-city people (translates to minorities in right-wing speech) being two-bit criminals and bums...

SIGHHhhh wrong again

In general the blacks and Hispanics were fine, It was the whites who were more likely to be the CROOKS!

Also most of the robberies happened in a rural setting and not the inner city. I made the mistake of letting my guard down, stupid me.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

I don't think this is a problem with only republicans. It seems nowadays that the majority of people in general have little compassion, civility, or conscience. Our economy is rife with corruption, and it seems like it has become socially acceptable to screw people over whenever the opportunity arises. I recently had a problem where I had a flat tire and my car jack was not in the car (It was a brand new car $$*#&*). I had to walk almost 3 miles to an auto parts store to buy another jack. It was 100 degrees out easy. So I am walking with this 35 lb or so hydraulic jack in the heat, and not one person offered me a ride. Now in my younger days, people saw you walking in heat like that, and they would stop and offer you a ride, or help. Now no one does this. I am not saying there aren't still good people, there are a lot, but it seems that people are just colder now than in the past.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Your anecdotal evidence of inner-city people (translates to minorities in right-wing speech) being two-bit criminals and bums is a poor method of measuring society.

You seem to think that direct hands on fact gathering is bad... because it can not be "Messaged" to give the right answer perhaps???

So lets go with a chart.

"Equal Rights, OSHA, EPA, busing, you can not keep the mentally ill in hospitals and the rest of the feel good stuff showed up around the 1970's so lets take a look:

OOPS look like the "social revolution" of the 1970's and 1980's has resulted in a lot more people going to jail!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

That is the smartest response I have ever read on an ATS political thread. The tired old “Republican vs. Democrat” tactic is just as silly as the old “Ford vs. Chevy” of a redneck town.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join