It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are republicans without conscience or empathy?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
reply to post by MegaMind

Wasnt refering to and injury in the past but the future with drug use if drugs were legal.
Just maybe, some smart guys who have a medical degree determined that drugs were real real bad for the body and said that continued use would be bad for the individual. Just maybe. But again. Talking to brick wall.

Maybe if you stoped holding your breath, you wouldnt have such a big head and your skin would'nt be so blue.

You miss the point. It does not matter if they do come out and say it is bad. It should be your choice to do so.
Why is it frowned upon to use drugs, over eat and let yourself go, but being overly healthy, only eating organic is not??
They should solely be based on your choice, period.

Want to spend YOUR money on crack, go ahead.
Want to spend YOUR money on food from Whole Foods, go ahead.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Im sorry but at this point in out political history if you honestly think there is a major difference between any parties in Washington , then you are NAIVE ......MONEY AND CORPORATION RUN THIS COUNTRY and Democrats are just as bad as Republicans , if ya want to point fingers and blame ...Blame the indviduals who take the money and push whatever legislation they are told too ....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Wasnt refering to and injury in the past but the future with drug use if drugs were legal.
Just maybe, some smart guys who have a medical degree determined that drugs were real real bad for the body and said that continued use would be bad for the individual. Just maybe. But again. Talking to brick wall.

Maybe if you stoped holding your breath, you wouldnt have such a big head and your skin would'nt be so blue.

Love your statement by the way, how you dont use

edit on 3-8-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

Love your assumption that I do. Always nice to be called a liar by some anonymous richard cranium.

Like prescription drugs aren't killing people everyday. Look it up tell me what you find.

What are the costs to our society of places like McDonalds, Burger King or Taco Bell.

You gonna ban fattening food?

Get a clue ... quit letting political ideologies do your thinking for you.
edit on 3-8-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

You know this is way off topic.

I call for a truse.
You keep waiting for the day to have drugs at your disposal. And I will keep living toxin free.

Best of luck to your legalization of drugs. Wonder if the NSA is reading your posts. Makes you wonder

By the way: Never assumed you did. I just said I like the statement. Why so quick to defend yourself? Makes you think doesnt it.
edit on 3-8-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Love your statement by the way, how you dont use:lol

And I would agree with the "smart guy" but I sure wouldn't hold a gun to someones head to get them to stop doing exactly what they want with their own property.
On a side note, I find it extremely funny that those who believe in Darwinism when it comes to the "creation" of man, but refuse to allow it to function to further evolve society but rather just "create" the perfect human. That does go both ways by the way.
edit on 3-8-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

You know this is way off topic.

I call for a truse.
You keep waiting for the day to have drugs at your disposal. And I will keep living toxin free.

Best of luck to your legalization of drugs. Wonder if the NSA is reading your posts. Makes you wonder

Just so you know the NSA are probably the ones bringing the drugs into the country - wonder indeed.

Too bad your brain isn't toxin free - free of all that group think you have submitted it to.

By the way: Never assumed you did. I just said I like the statement. Why so quick to defend yourself? Makes you think doesnt it.

Yeah like anyone reading that statement didn't know what it implied. You called me a liar pure and simple.

Now I'm calling you one ...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

No. You are thinking CIA.

NSA just sit around all day and spy in on us. Cell phones, computers, etc. Including this website.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

If you buy weed from a drug dealer in Mexico and he then in return buys guns to kill Border agents and other people, arent you contributing to the terrorism and death of others?
So maybe now you will see how it doesnt just affect you. That is a very selfish and narrow minded view. That is why drugs should be illegal.

If I want weed I will grow it in my own back yard! Biggest plant I ever saw was growing next to the sidewalk in front of the Cops near Lake Michigan.

EPIC FAIL

Drugs have ALWAYS been a money cow for the very wealthy. Read up on the Opium wars. (China about 100 years ago)

Do they no longer teach ANYTHING in US Schools????

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by essanance
MONEY AND CORPORATION RUN THIS COUNTRY and Democrats are just as bad as Republicans , if ya want to point fingers and blame ...Blame the indviduals who take the money and push whatever legislation they are told too ....

Democrats just as bad as republicans?
Are you kidding?
Elected republicans OPENLY admit that their first priority is the corporate elite. I don't know how anyone could support a party that blatantly and openly admits what they admit.

Sure, Democrats are probably just as influenced by corporate interests, but Republicans openly admit to it. Boehner dressed up as Santa and handed out checks from big tobacco; true story, and pretty much the only story I've ever heard about Boehner...and I've been looking for other stories.

Again, I don't know how anyone can support Republicans after all the stuff they've admitted to.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

MONEY AND CORPORATION RUN THIS COUNTRY and Democrats are just as bad as Republicans , if ya want to point fingers and blame ...Blame the indviduals who take the money and push whatever legislation they are told too ....

Are you kidding?
Elected republicans OPENLY admit that their first priority is the corporate elite. I don't know how anyone could support a party that blatantly and openly admits what they admit.

Sure, Democrats are probably just as influenced by corporate interests, but Republicans openly admit to it. Boehner dressed up as Santa and handed out checks from big tobacco; true story, and pretty much the only story I've ever heard about Boehner...and I've been looking for other stories.

Again, I don't know how anyone can support Republicans after all the stuff they've admitted to.

At least they are honest about bending you over the table. The others couldn't tell the truth if their lives depended on it.

So glad I don't have to choose one evil over another, my morals will not let me cast that vote. Social Darwinism at work in my life,

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

'Traditional' Republican and Democrat Ideology

Too Bad they are both deader than a doornail. They got killed when the Bankers captured the money machine and bought themselves a slightly used "Congress"

The Liberals whine about the "wealthy" Fine YOU had control of the House The Senate AND the President for TWO YEARS.

WHY HASN'T YOUR party hammered a big arse garlic coated STAKE into the heart of the blood sucking vampire called the PRIVATE Central bank????

97% of the US money supply is in the form of banks loans.- That means bankers are sucking INTEREST payments of every bit of those loans, loans created with a flick of a finger! The dollar has as a result lost 96% of its value value STOLEN from everyday people.

Get the blasted leeches off the throats of the people and you will not have to worry about "Poverty" and "Charity" There is plenty of wealth if the banksters did not suck us dry!

IT IS FRAUD! It has been PROVEN fraud in a court of law that means there is LEGAL with PRECEDENCE in LAW!

So where are all your big fancy ACLU lawyers HMMMmmm???

First National Bank of Montgomery vs. Daly (1969)

Daly opposed the bank's foreclosure on his $14,000 home mortgage loan on the ground that there was no consideration for the loan. "Consideration" ("the thing exchanged") is an essential element of a contract.

To everyone's surprise, Morgan admitted that the bank routinely created money "out of thin air" for its loans, and that this was standard banking practice. "It sounds like fraud to me," intoned Presiding Justice Martin Mahoney amid nods from the jurors. In his court memorandum, Justice Mahoney stated:

" Plaintiff admitted that it, in combination with the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, . . . did create the entire $14,000.00 in money and credit upon its own books by bookkeeping entry. That this was the consideration used to support the Note dated May 8, 1964 and the Mortgage of the same date. The money and credit first came into existence when they created it. Mr. Morgan admitted that no United States Law or Statute existed which gave him the right to do this. A lawful consideration must exist and be tendered to support the Note. "

The court rejected the bank's claim for foreclosure, and the defendant kept his house.
www.webofdebt.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Are you kidding?

Yep, Dem=Good, Pure, Classy, and Holy
Rep=Bad, Evil, Unholy and so on.

Sure sure.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

What about the money that was dumped into drugs and not into the rest of the economy...

The money ended up in the coppers pockets according to a

Drug Enforcement's Double Edged Sword:
An Assessment of Asset Forfeiture Programs
(Twelve month empirical examination of the implementation
of laws from within the forfeiture program)

go read about it HERE

Even if the money ended up in the hands of "Drug dealers" it ends up back in the economy. They eat too you know.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Rep and Dem POLITICIANS are predominantly scum and in most cases are barely human.

Republican INDIVIDUALS (and really, I think you mean Conservatives, which I am, not Republicans, which I am not) are just as compassionate and caring as anyone else. The difference between Conservatives and Liberals is their solutions not their motives.

Liberals believe the government is the solution. After waiting four hours for my son to take a 5 minute driver's test and another two to get his DL card, I can assure you governments don't do ANYTHING well.

I suspect the Stock Market is to blame for a lot of greedy companies. They have to post the highest profits possible to keep their investors. Eliminate that, and maybe companies would be more human. Dunno.

Ultimately, the government gets in the way of compassion and care. Adding bureaucratic with no accountability is the worst kind of resource management.

Conservatives give more than Liberals, which tells the true story. I will happily help the needy without the government forcing me to.

With so many Liberals, it seems to me that a voluntary tax hike might be the answer. Do you want to give more taxes, go for it. What does it say that we all pay the minimum taxes we can get away with?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I would probably say empathy, but that really only applies to some republicans, not all, and it even applies to some democrats as wells.

Originally posted by neo96
when the democrats stop supporting abortion,classwarfare and pushing social programs that enslave millions of americans with no other means of support as it stands right now i am not convinced they have any conscience or empathy.
edit on 2-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)
1.Abortion has to with a woman and her own body, so that's one you got wrong.
2. Wanting to get rid of tax cuts for the rich (given the fact that they own the majority of the wealth) is not class warfare (whereas letting them have tax cuts and cutting social programs is), so that's two you got wrong.
3. That last line pretty much speaks for itself, so it looks like you got all three wrong.

edit on 3-8-2011 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by DZAG Wright

Is that why in all the social studies were reviewed they found a huge gap between what Republicans gave and what democrats gave? Ill use a quote from his page but you can check the site for yourself. Again, you arent using facts for figures. Just simple generalizations. This is ok for High School debate. But lets raise the bar a little out here,ok?

· " The charity gap is enormous, even after controlling for income differences. Fried estimates that charities would get an additional $50 billion per year if Democrats gave as much as Republicans in proportion to their incomes. "

Go to his site and read many more of the findings. Again, facts and figures.
www.joefried.net...

Sorry to say this but, facts and figures can be skewed however someone wants.

Republicans are VERY generous with what they want to be generous with. The problem is that this isn't going to help Homeless Henry on a daily mission of eating. If he is deemed as "unworthy" by Republicans he stands a chance of starving.

That's why the Republican stool of "end entitlements and let churches and charities take care of the poor" won't work. What about the people who would be judged as not worthy? What would they eat?

The Democrat stance is, everyone give a little into a pot and then that pot is distributed to who needs it. They don't have to have the power of picking and choosing "who" can get help.

Here is the "judgement" card once again rearing its head. Republicans desire the ability to JUDGE and SEPARATE who gets what.

It's really a childish sickness...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

No class system in the U.S.?!!!!

Are you actually being serious?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
I am reminded of a joke I heard one.

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat and was for distribution of all wealth. She felt deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, which she expressed openly. One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the addition of more government welfare programs.

Based on the lectures that she had participated in and the occasional chat with a professor she felt that for years her father had obviously harbored an evil, even selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father.

He stopped her and asked her point blank, how she was doing in school. She answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain. That she studied all the time and never had time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, "How is your good friend Mary doing?"

She replied, "Mary is barely getting by." She continued, "She barely has a 2.0 GPA," adding, "and all she takes are easy classes and she never studies." "But Mary is so very popular on campus, college for her is a blast, she goes to all the parties all the time and very often doesn't even show up for classes because she is too hung over."

Her father then asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's Office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your 4.0 GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0." He continued, "That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA."

The daughter visibly shocked by her father's suggestion angrily fired back, "That wouldn't be fair! I worked really hard for mine, I did without And Mary has done little or nothing, she played while I worked real hard!"

The father slowly smiled, winked and said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

And again, judge and separate....with a little self-righteousness...

Why was the girl even concerned with Mary's grades and social life? See there's the "in someone elses business" aspect.

It's all on display...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

And democrats contributing 50 billion less than Republicans is a what kind of sickness? Selfish? Greedy? Hypocryte?

Nice try to defend them on coming up 50 billion short with charities.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join