It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are republicans without conscience or empathy?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Is that why in all the social studies were reviewed they found a huge gap between what Republicans gave and what democrats gave? Ill use a quote from his page but you can check the site for yourself. Again, you arent using facts for figures. Just simple generalizations. This is ok for High School debate. But lets raise the bar a little out here,ok?

· " The charity gap is enormous, even after controlling for income differences. Fried estimates that charities would get an additional $50 billion per year if Democrats gave as much as Republicans in proportion to their incomes. "

Go to his site and read many more of the findings. Again, facts and figures.
www.joefried.net...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

You can't cloud their judgement with facts! Come on now, this is the age of emotional triage, not facts!

You see, republicans use facts, not fear or emotion. Big difference. You can't govern with emotion, just as you cannot have a communal society. It doesn't work, and never has. If it did, we would be Romans or Spartans.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

on the news just know at the whitehouse some homeless man was arrested at the whitehouse last nite

and hes getting charged for unlawful entry!!!!

yeah that some conscience there or empathy
edit on 3-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

on the news just know at the whitehouse some homeless was arrested at the whitehouse last nite

and hes getting charged for unlawful entry!!!!

yeah that some conscience there or empathy

It was Bushs fault..

Obama should have provided him with a house, job, food and if a PA resident (www.nypost.com...), a cell phone. All on the dime of the tax payer.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This thread is a perfect example of why the two party system is totally destroying us.

No one can think for themselves anymore. They are too worried about whether they are towing that party line.

God forbid you voice an intelligent opinion on some subject ....

Be prepared to be automatically grouped with whatever group shares your sentiment about that one issue.

Oh and if your audience, the ones listening to your opinion, doesn't agree with you then they don't have to hear anything you say anymore because they already know what you're going to say before you say it.

I'll give you my personal examples ...

I believe that women should have a right to an abortion up to two months pregnant. Anything beyond two IMO is too far along in development. A woman generally knows she is pregnant sometime within the first month. There is plenty of time within that two months to make a decision about whether to have a baby or not.

I believe that income tax should be abolished and that all tax revenue should be raised through sales taxes with a rebate check from the government large enough to cover the taxes on things that are essential for living such as groceries. That way a family struggling to make it won't end up paying any taxes. The more money you spend above this level the more taxes you pay. It would encourage savings.

I believe that government should be much smaller and much less intrusive in people's lives.

I believe that we should pull out of the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Lybia, etc. And no future wars should be fought without a formal declaration of war by congress the way the constitution intended.

I think drugs should be legal - ALL OF THEM. Why? On the grounds of personal freedom and responsibility. Its my body I can do what I want with it in the privacy of my own home.

I also think that free market enterprise is wonderful to a point. Corporations like Monsanto and Walmart are the antithesis of free market competition. Monopolies or Oligopolies should not exist.

So many of you will try to put me in a box with a label on me. I am not sure even how some of the things I want could even be done, but I am my own thinker thinking for myself. You should try it sometime without worrying about hurting your team or whether you might agree with the other team. Just think for yourself and see where it takes you. BTW it doesn't hurt to listen to all sides and points of view because you haven't invested your ego in any of them you are free to find the one that makes the most sense to you.
edit on 3-8-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

what? free cell phones and free time is a CIVIL RIGHT?

is there any reason why i am not partisan.

i swear

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I am reminded of a joke I heard one.

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat and was for distribution of all wealth. She felt deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, which she expressed openly. One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the addition of more government welfare programs.

Based on the lectures that she had participated in and the occasional chat with a professor she felt that for years her father had obviously harbored an evil, even selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father.

He stopped her and asked her point blank, how she was doing in school. She answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain. That she studied all the time and never had time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, "How is your good friend Mary doing?"

She replied, "Mary is barely getting by." She continued, "She barely has a 2.0 GPA," adding, "and all she takes are easy classes and she never studies." "But Mary is so very popular on campus, college for her is a blast, she goes to all the parties all the time and very often doesn't even show up for classes because she is too hung over."

Her father then asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's Office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your 4.0 GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0." He continued, "That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA."

The daughter visibly shocked by her father's suggestion angrily fired back, "That wouldn't be fair! I worked really hard for mine, I did without And Mary has done little or nothing, she played while I worked real hard!"

The father slowly smiled, winked and said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It's not just PA, they have it in NC as well.
I guess we have to foot their bill so they can deal their tax free drugs.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Republicans really don't care about anyone but themselves and their $$$. They're a bunch of citizens who don't want to pay taxes and if someone they dislike is in office, they'll bitch and moan and act like it's the end of the world.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Republicans really don't care about anyone but themselves and their $$$. They're a bunch of citizens who don't want to pay taxes and if someone they dislike is in office, they'll bitch and moan and act like it's the end of the world.

And the Judgment is only on the shoulders of the Conservatives.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Well said.

A good book to read is "State of Fear" by:
Michael Crichton

He wrote this book to show what groups of the liberal party will do to create fear within the populous so that they may start to control certain aspects of society and industry. Example: Environmentalists.

One of my favorite books. If you havent already, read it, you will enjoy.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
Why should I feel bad for a grown man or woman who got himself/herself into a bad situation? Why should they have my money? Why should someone tell me I have to give them my money?

Why should I be forced to help other people? If I want to help I'll do it by my own will, I won't need somebody to tell me when and how to help them.

Because that's what this life is all about. We are all one, even if you and a lot of other people HATE to admit it. When one fail, eventually we will all fail.

Also, why treat this life as if it's the end-all, be-all? You can't take NONE of your material possessions with you when you die...and yep, we all die.

Life is all about someone making you do what they consider is the right thing to do? I see...

Life IS the end all be all because we don't know if there's anything after, there probably isn't. That's not saying HORDE YOUR MONEY, that's saying "do what you want with your life and don't let anybody else tell you what to do with it."

I feel sorry for you if you think life is about letting other people tell you what to do.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Again, your childish statements mean nothing on here. You have no facts, no proof , no historical evidence.

Please take this advice from Ron White

"The next time you have a thought... let it go."
Ron White

edit on 3-8-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

I feel this is a very legitimate question... In fact, I wonder if it's part of the republican ideology to frown on things like conscience or empathy? Do republicans view empathy as weakness?

I ask because I see a lot of posts about liberals being lazy, or the unemployed being lazy. That needy families should be cut from the welfare they count on to survive, or that healthcare should be cut....

Welcome to the world of MSM propaganda. The MSM is run by the bankers and corporations BTW so it is in their best interests to keep us at each other throats.

Just like the fight over "Free Market" can be traced back to twisting of words (see: POST ) The no " conscience or empathy" is also a failure to look behind the words to reality.

Lets start with something simple. I see a homeless person on the street, I give him a buck. How much of that dollar is his??? ALL OF IT!
The "Charity scam"

...On average, for the eight examples listed above, about 18 cents of every dollar donated by an unsuspecting public was put to good works. Some devoted less than one cent of each dollar to the cause they were supposed to support. ... www.somaliawatch.org...

Lets take another example: (true BTW) The Homeless are freezing because of a series of awful blizzards. The churhes in the town of Fitchburg and a very religious warehouse owner out fit an empty warehouse with donations from the town church members. Again the needy got 100% of the use of the donations.

So what was the donation from the local government???

The SOBs closed down the operation because it did not meet "Code" and people FROZE to death!!!

Now lets take FEMA:

There has been widespread criticism of the response of US officials to Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans in 2005....

In news coverage of this tragedy, the most significant events often were buried.... These reports make it clear that the government did not fail to respond in a timely fashion. The problem was that it did respond - but in such a way as to actually hinder rescue operations. There were too many instances for this to be merely a mistake or a bureaucratic snafu. There is a clear pattern here that cannot be denied. Why this should be so will be discussed in a moment, but first, here is the amazing record.
[lists to many cached reports]

The only legitimate function of government is to protect the lives, liberty, and property of its citizens.

In New Orleans, however, it was clear that the primary job of the military, FEMA, and Homeland Security was, not to protect citizens, but to protect the government and keep it functioning.

www.freedom-force.org...

Thus the true complaint is not "charity" it is WASTE of money and in the case of FEMA of lives. However if the right and left ever understood they are not far apart. The enemy is not each other but the wealthy banksters pulling the strings, then the banksters would lose all control.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Poor are not poor because rich are rich

Link

Interesting article, but the title says it all.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Neither party really cares, get off your high horse. Politics is about gaining ruling control over the populace. If you feel the need to be controlled, by all means you do that, pay your taxes and feel better about yourself that the government had to make you a good and caring person. You come trying to pull that with me, and well, things wouldn't be so pretty.

There are two kinds of people in the world
Those that want to be left alone and those who wont leave us the hell alone. Which are you?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

Is that why in all the social studies were reviewed they found a huge gap between what Republicans gave and what democrats gave? Ill use a quote from his page but you can check the site for yourself. Again, you arent using facts for figures. Just simple generalizations. This is ok for High School debate. But lets raise the bar a little out here,ok?

· " The charity gap is enormous, even after controlling for income differences. Fried estimates that charities would get an additional $50 billion per year if Democrats gave as much as Republicans in proportion to their incomes. "

www.joefried.net...

Republicans are rich, statistics prove that. They donate a lower proportion of their wealth. Where are those findings? The GOP is all about protecting the wealth. A mindset goes along with this effort and it has no pity for the poor.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

I will attempt to group you.

Socially you are liberal
Economically you are conservative
Foreign Policy you are liberal

So you would be classified as a Democrat.

Groups:
Radical: A person who advocates thorough or complete political or social reform. VERY LIBERAL
Liberal: Democrat
Moderate: Hold views from both
Conservative: Republican
Reactionary: Opposing political or social liberalization or reform. VERY CONSERVATIVE

I disagree with a lot of what you said but only wanted to comment on the drugs.

If you buy weed from a drug dealer in Mexico and he then in return buys guns to kill Border agents and other people, arent you contributing to the terrorism and death of others?
So maybe now you will see how it doesnt just affect you. That is a very selfish and narrow minded view. That is why drugs should be illegal.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

reply to post by MegaMind

If you buy weed from a drug dealer in Mexico and he then in return buys guns to kill Border agents and other people, arent you contributing to the terrorism and death of others?
So maybe now you will see how it doesnt just affect you. That is a very selfish and narrow minded view. That is why drugs should be illegal.

Talk about narrow minded. If drugs were legal I would grow it myself thereby bypassing the dealer in Mexico!! Also no one would be trying to capture or kill drug dealers. So drug dealers would have no reason to shoot anyone. In fact drug dealers as you know them now would just disappear.

THINK ALREADY!!!

BTW you said you would classify me as a democrat and yet I have never voted for one ...

Get over your classifications already THERE IS NO PARTY THAT I AGREE WITH 100% OR EVEN 70%
edit on 3-8-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

www.joefried.net...

Republicans are rich, statistics prove that. They donate a lower proportion of their wealth. Where are those findings? The GOP is all about protecting the wealth. A mindset goes along with this effort and it has no pity for the poor.

WRONG..
www.realclearpolitics.com...
abcnews.go.com...

Please, go back and look at the top ten wealthiest people in the US. I think it is like, 8 Democrat and 2 Rep.
Please go back and look at the wealthiest people in Political Office. As a a whole, largest percentage is Dem.

But, just dismiss it as it does not go along with your views.

In fact, disregard this retort and continue with your statements.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join