It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since the existance of reality can not be proven, is it now time to replace the so-called real world

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Since the existance of reality can not be proven, is it now time to replace the so-called real world with a better one?

This question is asked in earnest and not just as a philosophical exercise of the mind. When we asked the question recently on ATS: "Can you give a definition of reality that is both objective and subjective, and provable?", we were pleased to find indications of human intelligence, which some of us still debate the existance of, but of course no 'proof' of any absolute reality was given since it does not exist.

So if we will grant the reality of human intelligence, we want to go one step further and ask you if you could accept the possibility of the replacement of your current 'real world' with a more advanced and improved reality - literally and in fact a better world - a so called New Dawn? [The Renaissance of the 21st Century].

[Picture the most advanced achievements imaginable by science and science fiction with one condition - you have to give up on mortal warfare to solve issues. Truly warlike humanoids are regressive, barbaric and not worthy of the hypothetical world proposed BUT we are not against sports, games or profitable enterprise]

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

According to many ancient 2012 predictions, this will occur quite soon...

at least one can only hope. I'm ready.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Go ahead and launch your own reality. Be our guest.

I hope it all works out good for you.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

quantum physics is driving me nuts.every time i think about it,I cease to exist!!!:_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

I was talking to a friend the other day and had an epiphany...

We do not live in reality. We, of course, refers to main-stream society. Your house, your car, your job, none of it is real, none of it is natural.

In reality, we ALREADY LIVE in a pseudo reality. What we need to do is find out what true reality is.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My goodness, this is a perfect thread for my personal creed:

If you want to be Batman, be Batman!

roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I am not sure if you have heard of it, but quantum physicists have come up with a holographic universe theory that is, in essence, the same idea that you are trying to convey (at least to my understanding). I personally believe that the Buddhists were right when they stated that we live in an illusory world and science may soon prove that concept.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF

We do not live in reality. We, of course, refers to main-stream society. Your house, your car, your job, none of it is real, none of it is natural.

In reality, we ALREADY LIVE in a pseudo reality. What we need to do is find out what true reality is.

If you replace the particle with the linear/redundant unique event trajectory as the basis of corporeal (matter) existence, you may just find yourself opening up to a new point of view that effectively and efficiently satisfies a lot of the intractable demands that recent quantum physics indications have been making on the traditional notions of reality.

This is a serious new challenge to the conventional view of how reality is based and structured. In my view, replacing particle physics with event physics will upend everything in a way that will open up the road again for research and technological breakthroughs. My own small research into progressive ramification and the impact of logical precedent on dynamic environments has been greatly affected by the application of event physics as a sub-structural existential platform. That I've seen, nothing comes close to stabilizing definition and expectation, regardless of what's being examined.
edit on 8/2/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienView
Since the existance of reality can not be proven...

What is there to prove? Your living your "physical" reality...what other kind of proof can there be???

"Be the change you wish to see" - Gandhi

Peace
edit on 2-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: oops misqoute

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Reality is running around in the forest naked and climbing trees. Jk.

Reality is nature. Creation made by natural causes. Unreality is artificial. Creation made by man.

That is the difference between your false sense of self that causes every single mental/emotional/social problem we have ever encountered, and your true sense of self who most of us have never encountered that brings about a harmonious, joyous existence full of wisdom.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012

Originally posted by AlienView
Since the existance of reality can not be proven...

What is there to prove? Your living your "physical" reality...what other kind of proof can there be???

"Be the change you wish to see" - Gandhi

Peace
edit on 2-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: oops misqoute

Exactly, there is nothing to prove, as in true or false; artificial or real. There is only the awareness of all things rising and falling, coming and going, beginning and ceasing; being impermanent. When we are aware of this then we realize there is nothing to grasp on to, that any attempt to do so is futile and will cause us delusion and thus suffering. Thus we let go of all grasping, whether it is to material possessions or ideas, and become liberated from our suffering. After all, why do we even seek to conceptually define reality in the first place? Is it not because we are suffering? Is it not because we feel like if we can conceptually define reality then we might be able to change it for our benefit? It must be, because if we were not suffering then we would be fine with our life as it is.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Reality is nature. Creation made by natural causes. Unreality is artificial. Creation made by man.

That is the difference between your false sense of self that causes every single mental/emotional/social problem we have ever encountered, and your true sense of self who most of us have never encountered that brings about a harmonious, joyous existence full of wisdom.

That doesn't make any sense. Creations of man are a part of reality just as anything else is. By that logic, art, music, poetry and all other artforms are...artificial and against the "true reality"?

Reality is nothing without creation. To stop and put an end to our creative instincts would be stagnation (and ultimately, death) for the entire human race.

I see this life as "practice" for divinity. We are able to create and add to our realities. Does that not make us, in a sense, gods? Why should we give up this gift?

Of course, you are free to stagnate in a realm full of un-creativity if you so desire. It leads to absolutely nothing.
edit on 2-8-2011 by AlphaZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaZero

Originally posted by smithjustinb

That doesn't make any sense. Creations of man are a part of reality just as anything else is. By that logic, art, music, poetry and all other artforms are...artificial and against the "true reality"?

Reality is nothing without creation. To stop and put an end to our creative instincts would be stagnation (and ultimately, death) for the entire human race.

I see this life as "practice" for divinity. We are able to create and add to our realities. Does that not make us, in a sense, gods? Why should we give up this gift?

Of course, you are free to stagnate in a realm full of un-creativity if you so desire. It leads to absolutely nothing.
edit on 2-8-2011 by AlphaZero because: (no reason given)

We are not the creators. Our creations are insignificant alongside God's. You try to be like God with all his creative power, and this is your freedom, but ultimately your creations don't bring you joy. Joy comes from within and what is within is a creation of God, not of man.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3-8-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
After reading thus far in this thread, these ideas came to my mind..
As for man made creation we should pay attention to the masters.

(Eng. Translation) "This here is not a pipe"

And also, the opening lines from, Peter Gabriels song, for the poet Anne Sexton, "Mercy Street".

"Looking down on empty streets, all she can see
Are the dreams all made solid
Are the dreams all made real

All of the buildings, all of those cars
Were once just a dream
In somebody's head"...

i included the link to the whole song just for your enjoyment
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
The only thing that makes reality seem real is that it appears to operate by rules that our individual thoughts and intents do not immediately negate but rather, never negate. It need not do anything else to seem substantially real. What it really is in essence is a different matter altogether and particularly irrelevent.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

there is literally no such thing as "unnatural". not in this reality or universe or any ones that you want to create.

you create reality, your own reality any time you are given a choice. this thread is just sort of akin to a mental body building contest...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by trika3000
(Eng. Translation) "This here is not a pipe"

Affirmative. It's not a pipe; it's a rendering of one (so say we all).

So say we all!

edit on 8/3/2011 by TrypToNonymous because: quotarishins

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TrypToNonymous

Remember the "deaf" are the wisest of all..

edit on 3-8-2011 by trika3000 because: my eyes can't see

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart

there is literally no such thing as "unnatural". not in this reality or universe or any ones that you want to create.

you create reality, your own reality any time you are given a choice. this thread is just sort of akin to a mental body building contest...

It seems you are correct, that there is nothing "unnatural" in this universe. I can think of one exception to that rule though, and it opens the door to what can be deemed as a lot of destructive "unnaturalness" or artificiality that is prevalent in our societies. It is the human perception that we are somehow separated from nature or beyond the natural process of things. If we believe we are separated from nature, from the natural process of reality, then this must be defined as "unnatural", right?

Also, how can you "create reality" if reality already is? If "creating reality" is possible then surely you must be starting from "unreality", right? Other wise you are simply a part of reality. So it seems, either you except reality as it is and go with its flow, or you delude yourself into believing there is no such thing as an inherit "reality" and thus you seek to create your own. Maybe I am missing something here.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by trika3000
reply to post by TrypToNonymous

Remember the "deaf" are the wisest of all..

edit on 3-8-2011 by trika3000 because: my eyes can't see

At least the ears are in any case. They do get frustrated with the lump of fat in between getting in the way of an intelligent exchange.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join