It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stoned wallabies make crop circles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk

Australian wallabies are eating opium poppies and creating crop circles as they hop around "as high as a kite", a government official has said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Lara Giddings, the attorney general for the island state of Tasmania, said the kangaroo-like marsupials were getting into poppy fields grown for medicine.
She was reporting to a parliamentary hearing on security for poppy crops.
Australia supplies about 50% of the world's legally-grown opium used to make morphine and other painkillers.

Brilliant Story, may explain the crop circles in different parts of the world, lol

The story is genuine and is on the BBC Site

Enjoy

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
maybe they should airlift a few thousand of those badboys into Afghanistan and then televise the hijinx as a new reality show.

It would make the 'PUPPY BOWL" look like Captain Kangaroo!

Just a thought

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by weemadmental

Lara Giddings, the attorney general for the island state of Tasmania, said the kangaroo-like marsupials were getting into poppy fields grown for medicine.

She was reporting to a parliamentary hearing on security for poppy crops.
Australia supplies about 50% of the world's legally-grown opium used to make morphine and other painkillers.

Brilliant Story, may explain the crop circles in different parts of the world, lol

The story is genuine and is on the BBC Site

Enjoy

news.bbc.co.uk

Had to laugh at the 'Trippy Skippy' comment.

'Fields grown for medicine' though should probably read 'fields grown for the UK Royals to sell on the streets.'

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This is a joke right? I admit the alien theory is pretty far fetched, but freaking kangoroos high on opium? Also how many kangoroos live in England?

Or how about this

www.foxnews.com...
www.andhranews.net...

Didn't know "artists" had access to GPS in 1991, with use of lasers and handheld magnetrons devices. I would be more inclined to believe the military or maybe even advanced civilization would have the technology capable of creating these designs overnight without disturbance.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Stoned wallabies wouldn't make crop circles, they'd just randomly eat. It would just make nonsense in the field. Why would they call it a crop circle? These people obviously don't know what they're talking about.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
hmm... i know jaguars in the wild eat a natural plant that makes them trip balls. interesting to see that wallabies exhibit the same tendencies.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Some people believe the mysterious circles that appear in fields in a number of countries are created by aliens. Others put them down to a human hoax.

If stoned wallabies are making those brilliant looking circles, with all of the complexities involved, we better rethink the way we treat our animal kingdom

They show intelligence greater than any of the global political leaders - they're better looking too, is there any way we can elect them into office?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
lool really tahst different.. lmao never thought that would happen... hiope there not trying to claim wallabies do them now o0:/ taht eb weird

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'd like to see some of the circles the wallabies are believed to have made. I'm assuming they're simple circular patterns and not the complex variety.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I remember reading this a couple years ago. Looking at the date on the article, it seems it was June 25th 2009 to be exact. Funny as it may be, how is this breaking news? Mods, anybody, Bueller?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
hmm... i know jaguars in the wild eat a natural plant that makes them trip balls. interesting to see that wallabies exhibit the same tendencies.

Around here, deer and moose get wasted from eating fermentated vegitation.

And there's this

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

What does this have to do with the UK besides what it was published in?
I dont think they were offering an explanation for crop circles.. just reporting.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
OMG.
There's something a bit scary about a tripping jaguar.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

For two reasons: One the majority of crop circles are in England, and two because of the final sentence in the article

Some people believe the mysterious circles that appear in fields in a number of countries are created by aliens. Others put them down to a human hoax.

To me that sentence does not fit with the report at all and implies that the "crop circles" made by these furry animals some how relates to crop circles which are unexplained. If the two aren't related (which obviously they aren't) why add that last snipet towards the end? Reeks of the power of suggestion
. The title of the article doesn't help either.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Please use the existing thread to continue discussion:

Thread Closed.

top topics

join