It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone watching CNN right now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I swear to god, they are having a field day with this deal, one of there reporters or wolf blizter was giggling and laughing so were his other guests
that was a bit sicking to my stomach as if they played a role.

And then CNN Claims that the debt downgrading will be fixed?
why aren't you americans standing up for yourselves or protesting agaisnt CNN? i wouldn't even call CNN a news network.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
I swear to god, they are having a field day with this deal, one of there reporters or wolf blizter was giggling and laughing so were his other guests
that was a bit sicking to my stomach as if they played a role.

And then CNN Claims that the debt downgrading will be fixed?
why aren't you americans standing up for yourselves or protesting agaisnt CNN? i wouldn't even call CNN a news network.

Because most of us are not stupid enough to watch that biased network so have no idea what they are doing. We learned that a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Because most of us are not stupid enough to watch that biased network so have no idea what they are doing.

Surely not everyone is stupid, well i could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

reply to post by kro32

Because most of us are not stupid enough to watch that biased network so have no idea what they are doing.

Surely not everyone is stupid, well i could be wrong.

Haha good point. Yes plenty do watch cnn I suppose however most of us on ATS are more intelligent than to watch that broadcast is how I should have worded it

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I don't know many people who watch CNN. But the truth is, there are no credible news sources on television, so if you are going to watch cable news, it might as well be CNN as FOX news as MSNBC. But, yeah, CNN definitely is among the establishment's spin machines. I do so love it when a guest appears on CNN, FOX, or MSNBC and goes off script, actually telling the truth or relaying information or an opinion that does not go along with the pre-planned agenda for the day. The anchors or hosts become befuddled and do not know what to do or quite what to say. It is awesome. Although I have to rely on ATS or some other independent internet resource to see it because otherwise, I wouldn't know it happened. Thanks, ATSers!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Mainstream news is no more real than reality television.

There's nothing wrong with tuning in for an occasional laugh, but you'd be a fool to take any of it seriously.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
they arent called the communist news network for nothing

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I have CNN on but it's NOT because I am sitting here openmouth-breathing all agaga and beleevie dumb. It behooves all of us to monitor these news outlets, because they -are- reporting -from- there, (Washington) and you can see what kind of agenda is afoot.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
i get all my news from the daily show and the colbert report. And occasionally from Weekend Update.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

why aren't you americans standing up for yourselves or protesting agaisnt CNN?

...why arent all you canadians standing up for yourselves and protesting against the idiots in control of your government who treat you all like mushrooms?...

...sidebar: for some reason, when i see screamnames that incorporate "supporter", i instantly think jock strap... is that too sexist?... am i psychic?... remote viewer faulty programming?...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
News? The only news that comes out these days...is bad news; even here on ATS! Let's face it, how many people look forward to a story with a happy ending? Who wants a story with a good samaritan? Pah-lease, the whole world's addicted to the drama. Doom and gloom is what we're all about...and it's easily obtainable....like going to the pharmacy...with prescription in hand.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
i get all my news from the daily show and the colbert report. And occasionally from Weekend Update.

That's pretty sad too. No offense intended.

You have to realize that we are not going to be given the 'news.' We will always be "given" what the owners, directors, writers, talking heads, and spin-industry want us to have. The "news" has become something you have to go out and get because by the time one of the commercially-produced types 'gives' it to you, its been dissembled, reforged, and reassembled.... if its given to you at all.

Unfortunately that includes the likable, funny, charismatic, and well-polished folks who thrive on your attention to them.... The real hint is that there are some things they will NOT speak about at all, no matter what.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Who watches CNN?

Thats like watching the WWF, its all fake.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

I dont want to come out and say idiot, but when it talks like a duck, and it thinks like a duck its probably not going to be all that bright.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

uhhhh...me don't am overstaning wat you arr saiding. iz you am saiding me am dumm??

you know...i would have figured that when I stated that part where I get my "news" was from comedy shows it would have been implied that it was a joke. I guess next time I will use
to make sure that my point isnt missed.

as for where I actually get my news....I get it from many sources. CNN being one of them. I also watch my local news, read my local newspaper, MSNBC, MSN.com. I try to use a wide variety of news outlets so at to get many facets. This way I can put all the "spun" news together and come up with my own "truth".

oh...and I also consult my psychic for 401(k) advice.

top topics

join