It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Passed The Bill (Now they can go on their 5 week vacation and Obama party)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
THE FOLLOWING TOOK ABOUT TEN MINUTES OF CUT AND PASTE FROM THE BILL...

Sec. 402. Expedited consideration of joint committee recommendations.

The proposed legislative language shall be introduced in the Senate on the next day on which the Senate is in session by the majority leader of the Senate

And shall be introduced in the House of Representatives on the next legislative day by the majority leader of the House

PROCEEDING TO CONSIDERATION

The previous question shall be considered as ordered on the motion to its adoption without intervening motion except 20 minutes of debate equally divided

If such a motion is adopted, the House shall proceed immediately to consider the joint committee bill

A motion to reconsider the vote by which the motion is disposed of shall not be in order.

CONSIDERATION

All points of order against the joint committee bill and against its consideration are waived.

The previous question shall be considered as ordered on the joint committee bill to its passage without intervening motion

A motion to reconsider the vote on passage of the joint committee bill shall not be in order

EXPEDITED PROCEDURE IN THE SENATE

All points of order against the motion to proceed to the joint committee bill are waived. The motion to proceed is not debatable. The motion is not subject to a motion to postpone. A motion to reconsider the vote by which the motion is agreed to or disagreed to shall not be in order.

WAIVING FILIBUSTER
all debatable motions and appeals in connection therewith shall not exceed a total of 30 hours

etc. etc. etc.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by webworker

Thanks ... I went through it and found what I thought was relevant and edited my post on the first page. Same as you.

-----------------------

What's the opposite of this so called "fear mongering" - oh yeah apathy.
edit on 2-8-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Awesome isn't he great guys? Who knows, maybe he'll get another nobel peace prize as a birthday gift! There are no words to express how I feel about this loser.......

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Awesome isn't he great guys? Who knows, maybe he'll get another nobel peace prize as a birthday gift! There are no words to express how I feel about this loser.......

There were several hundred "losers" who helped to create this monster. Blaming just one won't cut it this time around.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Sorry I am just pointing at the guy in the spotlight, I'm not completely ignorant to the rest the losers that occupy those seats..... I just get a little angry when every little thing the pres signs is "historic" as if he saved us from a global catastrophe instead of throwing us into one......

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stargate2012
Well I think they rushed to get this bill passed in large part for them to go on their 5 week vacation.

Five weeks is only the tip of their vacation days iceberg!

How Many Weeks Of Vacation Does Congress Take? Here Is Their 2010 Vacation Schedule

At the height of the worst recession and soon to be depression in 75 years, how many weeks of vacation did our Congress grant themselves this year? 23 1/2 weeks of vacation. But they don't call it vacation. They call it non-legislative periods. They call their time off "work periods" for meeting their constituents and raising campaign funds.

So, how many days do they actually work in Congress, ...

How Often is Congress in Session? How Much do They Actually Work?

On average, over the last 9 years, they have met about 140 days a year.

Give them a break!

These guys are workaholics and working their butts off!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think there will eventually be a public outcry to raise the taxes on the wealthy. However, I guarantee corporations will definitely not have their taxes raised but doctors before lawyers will be those that have their taxes raised. After all, corporations distributed their tax breaks to employee pay raises because they hate dealing with new people, and teachers get paid barely anything at all.
edit on 8/2/2011 by Asheliate because: clarity for tax raises

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Didn't you know that you have to severely over-react to everything you see or hear around this place?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
reply to post by kro32

Didn't you know that you have to severely over-react to everything you see or hear around this place?

No one is over-reacting. We are stating FACTS.

Facts that kro32 continuously ignores in all the various threads about this where he has only one message - this is no different than any other committee - something even the originators of this committee wouldn't agree with.

no amendments - no filibusters - a special treatment of bills written by this committee - NOT business as usual.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

The interesting thing to ponder is the number of congressmen/women who are as ill-informed as Kro and voted for the bill anyway...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Increased revenue from taxes was not included in the debt compromise.

This says it all. The wealthy got what they wanted the corporations got what they wanted. Middle class and poor well your getting screwed as usual. I hope this stinking traitor to the ideals of the democratic party enjoys his only term in office. Seeing how quickly he bows down to the republican party maybe he can switch parties when he runs again. Republicans love easy to use tools like him.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Here's my take on what transpired:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/424113fa2c61.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Increased revenue from taxes was not included in the debt compromise.

This says it all. The wealthy got what they wanted the corporations got what they wanted. Middle class and poor well your getting screwed as usual. I hope this stinking traitor to the ideals of the democratic party enjoys his only term in office. Seeing how quickly he bows down to the republican party maybe he can switch parties when he runs again. Republicans love easy to use tools like him.

Yup, the middle and poor keep getting more screwed while the rich keep getting richer. From this bill, you are exactly right, the wealthy and the wealthy corporations got what they wanted. The corporate loop holes weren't taken away from them and the rich can still keep their nice tax breaks.

Oh yeah, and all of that QE money Helicopter Ben doled out, who in the hell do you think that went to? Yeah, the banksters, Wall Street fund managers and the rich. Did it help create jobs and help the middle class? Well I think any genius knows the answer to that.

And in other news:

"The most recent Ferrari board meeting to discuss the financial outcome of the first half of the year may have been one of the happiest meetings ever. Ferrari has achieved its best ever profit and sales in a six-month period, in the first half of 2011 – in an 82-year history."

www.nitrobahn.com...
edit on 2-8-2011 by Stargate2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

So, how many days do they actually work in Congress, ...

Call me crazy, but I"m pretty sure politicians are supposed to listen to their constituents. They can't do that sitting in Washington DC 365 days a year. They all have their home states to go to...that's who votes for them.

And believe me, I don't want to stick up for them...but if they are doing what they are supposed to be doing then it's not as bad as you make it out to be. Let's hope they get an ear full....actually i'm sure they will...both sides.

What should really bother everyone is that 70,000 people from the FAA are waiting to work but can't because Congress hasn't resolved the matter...and now it will be another 5 weeks....

If they are worried about jobs...THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT START.
edit on 2-8-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Stargate2012

nice point with the ferarri's...didn't know that...it's sad how obviously over-wealthy the higher ups have been getting as of late...

The people at the top, stay at the top (and want to keep it that way)...while the people on the bottom, stay at the bottom...sad indeed how it's rubbed in there noses every stinking day...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Did anyone notice there was no time limit that this 'super committee/congress' could exist for?
Or any limits on its powers?

M.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
reply to post by Stargate2012

nice point with the ferarri's...didn't know that...it's sad how obviously over-wealthy the higher ups have been getting as of late...

The people at the top, stay at the top (and want to keep it that way)...while the people on the bottom, stay at the bottom...sad indeed how it's rubbed in there noses every stinking day...

And here it was just 2 1/2 years ago when the stock market was at 6400, and we were going into a bad depression, but helicopter Ben came to the rescue with the QEs and essentially propped up the stock market, and made the rich get richer.

In the meantime, the multinational corporations and big corporations in general gutted out their work force, made employees work harder, and found out corporate loop holes from avoiding paying corporate taxes so they can make more money.

In other news:

Million robots to replace Apple workers

www.irishtimes.com...

So riddle me this. Apple has what, $85 billion in cash, yet they manufacture their iPods and computers in China while using Chinese slave labor to make them. And they work them to the bone, that a lot of them committed suicide. So now Apple is going to help prevent these suicides by replacing these slave Chinese workers with machines? Oh, how these companies love to get the most bang for the buck. The greed stinks to high heaven.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join