It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Automatic Browser Refresh?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It seems that my browser is constantly refreshing by itself. It never did this before today and I�m wondering if it has anything to do with the new clock feature that was installed today.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Doesnt happen to me in either IE or FireFox.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yes on constant refresh.
ATS is running terribly slow as well.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
My browser refreshes every 30 seconds or so? WTF

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
Yes on constant refresh.
ATS is running terribly slow as well.

It must be the new clock... Maybe it isn't such a good idea if its slowing down the server.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Maybe your computer is infected with spyware. I'm using Mozilla and having no problems.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I will run a spyware check. But it seems Banshee's computer is also refreshing.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
No its not spyware, problem with ats. Yes clocks are un-nessesary, a waste of bandwidth.

Yes I just barely noticed the refresh, while eyeing the status bar. I have a dsl connection so it doesn't affect me at all, refresh is very quick. How does it affect replying to messages I wonder ? Do replies get deleted.

[edit on 16-8-2004 by websurfer]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I went to reply, typed some text, scrolled down on the new clocks so I could see the time and waited. After a few seconds I heard the refresh sound and the clocks reset to the city names, so its defiantly the clock. My text in the reply box was not deleted but the clicking noise is driving me crazy.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Good news!... for me anyway, now I know I'm not alone, and glad I found this thread, thought the problem was on my end.

At times it gets painfully slow while scrolling, and then like you stated seems like it is some kind of auto refresh.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Mine is NOT doing this.

I feel all left out
But glad it's not!

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It looks like it the refresh was caused by the clock not showing all of its text. Someone, probably SO changed it so the city names and clock time all show at the same time. Since the change I no longer get the refresh. It seems to be fixed now.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
yeah everything seems fine.

[edit on 16-8-2004 by websurfer]

new topics

top topics

join