It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Weapons Now in Somali Terrorists’ Hands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
After some thought about the living conditions of the people in this region, I am not totally surprised.

This revelation, buried in U.N. reports and highlighted by controversial war correspondent Robert Young Pelton at his new Somalia Report website, raises some unsettling questions about Washington’s plans to out-source more wars in the future.

Link to Somali report.
somaliareport.com...

How damning is the proof that the UN and the US is funding and arming al Shabaab. The UN's own records confirm this. In April of 2011 the UN determined that 90% of all 12.7 x 108mm ammunition was from an AMISOM stock created in 2010.

There has to be a better way of dealing with the over all problem of terrorism. It would appear the more we kill; the more we make.

I am not suggesting any softing of the battle. I am just speculating on how we might change their minds before we have to stop their hearts.
edit on 2-8-2011 by hdutton because: I knew I missed something

edit on 2-8-2011 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

Well, golly, you don't think that maybe some of those weapons we've been kicking off the back of cargo aircraft into the Libyan rebel camps made their way down to Somalia, do ya? lol.. Who ever could have seen this one coming.

I certainly hope no one authorized SAM missiles to the Libyan rebels... Who knows what part of the world those would turn up in or how fast they'd move.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I wonder how they got those.
There's no border for them to easily cross to buy weapons.

How bout we get the CIA to stop selling weapons to them.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

How about reading the link and you won't have to ask so many questions.

Maybe I can help !
The weapons were sold to them so people could eat.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton[/I]

Do you have a link?

Anyway that doesn't even matter most terrorists in the world have American, european or Russian weapons..

And you know why... Because they produce the nearly all the weapons on the planet!!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Maybe i missed something but, your post doesn't even mention Somalians with American weapons.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
out-source more wars in the future. ok HB BW, BW as seen here topics.nytimes.com..., that is out sourcing big difference from arms dealing, but then HB and BW have been known to do this just no proof. HB but then they say no we don,t www.corpwatch.org... from the link

Halliburton, Halliburton is a leader in the oil services industry, it provides engineering and construction services for oil extraction and development. After separating from Kellogg, Brown & Root (KBR) in 2007, it is no longer in the business of providing military logistics support.
ok KBR then needs to stop being out sourced.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

You probably missed the statements in the report:

How damning is the proof that the UN and the US is funding and arming al Shabaab. The UN's own records confirm this. In April of 2011 the UN determined that 90% of all 12.7 x 108mm ammunition was from an AMISOM stock created in 2010.
An RPG captured from al Shabaab was analyzed and determined to have been delivered by DynCorp to the Ministry of
Defense in Uganda. The contract was to supply weapons and ammunition to the Ugandan Forces in Mogadishu
AMISOM and TFG do not record serial numbers of weapons or ammunition they transfer and although lip service is given
to the attempts of AMISOM to prevent sales of its deadly supplies to the rebels. Little to no effort is being taken
to stop it. Soldiers as in all wars quickly learn ways to get around even the most diligent checks and balances.
The bottom line is that even with their conflict of interest, the UN estimates that one third to a half of all ammunition
supplied by the United States to AMISOM ends up in the hands of al-Shabaab.

somaliareport.com...

new topics

top topics

join