It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF Accused in Congressional Report of 'Arming' Cartel for 'War' Through Operation Fast and Furi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

ATF Accused in Congressional Report of 'Arming' Cartel for 'War' Through Operation Fast and Furious

www.foxnews.com

The failed federal anti-gunrunning program known as Operation Fast and Furious got so out of control in November 2009, it appeared the U.S. government was single-handedly "arming for war" the Sinaloa Cartel, documents show, even as U.S. officials kept lying to fellow agents in Mexico about the volume of guns it helped send south of the border.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Okay I know this is Fox News were talking about but this time their not wrong about the events that happened...

Meanwhile, the report claims the agents' superiors in Washington met every Tuesday, to review the latest sales figures and the number of guns recovered in Mexico.

As for Arming the Cartels for war... remember only 2,500 weapons traded hands... might very well have been more if they didn't get caught in the act... but there is no denying the "Men Up Stares" knew everything

By Feb. 27, 2010, Lanny Breuer, the head of the Criminal Division of the Justice Department in Washington, D.C., was allegedly told that the ATF had successfully helped sell 1,026 weapons worth more than $650,000 to members of the Sinaloa cartel. The briefing included all top ATF officials, including the agents in charge in Los Angeles and Houston, as well as a half dozen top Justice Department attorneys.

ATF International Affairs Chief Daniel Kumor was adament about everything being just fine with their black op...until the death of Agent Brian Terry killed with one of those walked guns...

Two US field agents have been killed thanks to the BATF The precise number of casualties in Mexico isn't known, but ATF officials confirm the murder of Mario Gonzales Rodriguez, brother of the Chihuahua attorney general, with a Fast and Furious gun.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-8-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
with news like this, WHY are we paying so much in taxes ? our governemnt hard at work..screwing and lying us over. ide refuse to pay most taxes, without knowing where my money is really going. this is classic CIA work, or governemnt owrk, for the extra cash. youde think they would just turn on the money machine at the reserve so we all get hyperinflated on 7 years later. why should we do anything our government tells us, with news like this lying thieves they are.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Best news I've heard yet today.

This goes all the way to the top and the entire lot should be towed in front of a firing squad.

In my most fantastic daydreams this case leads to the disbandment of a bunch of alphabet agencies...talk about saving a ton of money!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

I/m 100% with ya on that sentiment...
this has to be the most egresses act committed since the Watergate scandal of the 1970's
heads should roll and the bodies then turned over the Mexican Government to answer to crimes committed against her people
edit on 2-8-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Very glad to see that I was wrong. I thought this would be buried deep and fast. With all the "OMG, we're gonna default" hype coming out of Washington, I figured this would give them their chance to gloss over it. In my opinion this was a direct attempt on the 2nd amendment.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
one word fits , the only problem is how to charge them, ATF and the ones that approved this plan with it, TREASON. as defined TREASON

This word imports a betraying, treachery, or breach of allegiance.

The Constitution of the United States, Art. III, defines treason against the United States to consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid or comfort. This offence is punished with death. By the same article of the Constitution, no person shall be convicted of treason, unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.
It seems that they have confessed to it and now who besides me, will say they did it,committed the act and knowingly gave aid and comfort to the enemy of the USA, that being the drug lords. aid: arms, comfort: still working on that one. but then it is not needed.
edit on 2-8-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Good work, DB: reminds me of all the feces from the past, such as Iran-Contra, et al: considering all the hype and spin about Arizona and it's border troubles, kidnappings, etc. , doesn't it chap your butt to now read where the ATF is selling those same low-lifes firearms?

To be used against their own people and us, too.

I don't need to say any more about this, will just get me in trouble and my blood pressure elevated.

seeker

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I totally agree on the TREASON definition here.....
High treason at that (punishable by death even, as these people are culpable in these murders.)
I see where the law enforcement establishment needs an ENTIRE shakeup!
These clowns are not only incompetent, but they are also seriously in breach of the public trust.
It does look as if the goverment agencies had an interest in arming the Sinaloa Cartel for their war against the rogue Zetas of US army manufacture.The Zetas were founded by seven deserters who were US trained Mexican military special forces.
Thanks to the school of the Americas they are well trained in all the techniques of clandestine ops.
As well as torture and other skills of manipulation/intimidation..
The ruthlessness of these criminals is well known by now.
The whole reasons behind this gun walking scheme are seemingly multipronged.
1) Give the anti gun lobby more ammo for tighter restrictions.
2)arm the Sinaloas against the Zetas.
3)I can think of another reason the Sinaloa cartel got the bulk of the guns....Is it possible(being they,the Sinaloas, are one of the oldestcartels, that clandestine connections for drug trafficking existed and still do exist between corrupt US officials, and the Sinaloa cartel????!
Id sure like to see some research into the possible links between Sinaloa and the DEA, CIA, and other three letter agencies.....!
I think that its certainly possible this is just the beginning of a big can of worms, now that F+F is highlighted mainstream.
The Honduras gun walking deal has come out......
You have a good eye for pertinent news Daddybare....thanks for the updates.....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

The ATF and other agencies LIKE a weak border. It means thier funding has to increase to combat the threat, and means they can move guns one way , and drugs another without anyone being the wiser. Seriously, you could put an aircraft carrier across that border, and no one would notice worth a damn. Speaking of which, did the ATF hand over an aircraft carrier?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I propose the ATF should be disbanded in shame. goes to show how legal our capitalist government really is
our lawmakers for that matter. revolt comes to mind

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

No, no aircraft carrier... so far...
but ya know the cartels have managed to lay their hands on goodies like heavy machine guns RPG's and lots of hand grenades... given this incident with the ATF it makes me wonder what other three letter government agencies under the direction of the DOJ and Obama admin are at play here

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Im not trying to crap in the punch bowl here, but I dont think its likely that the ATF , or any other organisation has only been operating in mexico during the Obama administration. I mean, you remember that lady who accused Julian Assange of raping her?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

She was connected to an anti castro group that had links to the CIA . Sure, it came out during the Obama administration, but the group had existed for much longer than that.

What I am saying, is that I do not believe for one moment , that this is just an ATF deal, and I do not believe that anything of this nature could have happened without an AWFUL lot of planning, and deeply entrenched trust (or whatever passes for it in those arenas). That kind of nonsense takes years to build up.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Kind of funny..and sad that some of you think that anything good will come of this. three possible outcomes that I see

1) NOTHING happens..I go with this one
2) some low level agent takes the fall..also likely
3) Some high level person offers to take the fall for a higher paying and better job elsewhere in the "business". This is not cost effective so not likely unless someone there has been looking for better career.

Peace
edit on 3-8-2011 by spav5 because: grammar/sp

top topics

join