It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple factory finds answer to worker suicides... replace staff with one million robots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Apple factory finds answer to worker suicides... replace staff with one million robots

www.dailymail.c o.uk

Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Group, known for assembling Apple's iPhones and iPads in China, plans to use more robots, with one report saying the company will use one million of them in the next three years, to cope with rising labour costs.

trend toward automation among Chinese companies as labour issues such as high-profile strikes and workers' suicides plague firms

Workers' wages are increasing so quickly that some companies can't take it longer,’
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Now even the inland Chinese labor is too expensive for these blood sucking firms that are sitting on $billions in cash. This is a prime example of why when this economic crisis ends (if it does) we will have a global jobless recovery.

Firms are done with workers. Too messy, they have problems, too expensive, too.....human. A robot is a far better solution.

Now when the folks who are building the robots begin to kill themselves and become too expensive, then there will be a real problem.

When Chinese labor begins to fail to meet cost test for manufacturing, there is a real problem.

www.dailymail.c o.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
In tomorrows news..

"Robots start throwing themselves out of Foxconn's windows, Apple states that this factory meets their high standards."

edit on 2-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Horrifying news that is. Progress, pffff

"Plagued with suicides" - kind of fits in with the plot of a neat indy film thread a little earlier

Indi conspiracy movie to film in Okanagan
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yet again, the truth is stranger (and sadder) than fiction.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Now when the folks who are building the robots begin to kill themselves and become too expensive, then there will be a real problem.

Good point, and who is going to use all of the goods that these machines are assembling?

There is a fine line to walk here. Scary part is when the machines become integrated with man.

I keep seeing write ups on transhumanism, and how its the greatest threat to mankind.

I think I see where this is headed...and I dont like what I see.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

This is why we need a different type of financial system in place. Our obvious next step as humans is to use robots in the production of all of our goods. The question is who will be able to buy the goods if nobody has a job to purchase them. Capitalism can still survive to some degree, but the rules of the financial system have to change.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well now, doesn't this just sound reminiscent of The Terminator? Machines making machines? I am so disgusted with our society it makes me want to puke! I'm of the mind that the only way to survive and still be a human is to colonize islands out in the ocean away from all this madness! Either that or go deep underground. Our society is headed for a collision course on so many fronts it's hard to tell which one will be our demise!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
They are slowly running out of countries that will accept slave labour, the factory owners seem disgusted that the Chinese want a decent wage and working environment. My bet would be Africa will be the next big continent to get the China treatment, they have much larger mineral deposits and are easier to control and corrupt.

China is waining and the other countries know it, they have wreaked their country and now the human race will look to others to work their fingers to the bone for our electronics and cheap tat

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Good, using technology is the future. The less work humans have to do, the more time we will have to contribute and and further society.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

that is axactly what i thought....
rise of the machines lol

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yeah well....do what you have to do I guess.

Kids gotta have their Iphone 5's ASAP.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Contribute to what? The lines at the unemployment office?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Apple can NOT make a robot assembly line in Mainland China UNLESS the communists are allowed to make a copy company of their own.

Doing so would give the Chinese military the capability of pushing out say Army Super Exo-skeletons with the same assembly line and they could build an unstoppable military with robots...instantly.

Thanks Apple!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Please continue to contribute to the existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you for your patience.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join