It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A smile large enough to warm a planet. :)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4117e92c23d.jpeg[/atsimg]

[COLOR=ORANGE]Just a lil something POSITIVE to add to the ATS energy flow of things. SMILE
[/COLOR]

The smile on the sun is visible through 11 photographs taken by NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory, which images the sun from Earth orbit. Each picture was taken at the same time, but through a different filter that separated out a narrow wavelength band of light. The images range from lowest temperature to highest.

This still from a NASA video shows an apparent smiley face on the sun as seen by the Solar Dynamics Observatory. The solar happy face is seen in different wavelengths in a video posted on July 25, 2011.
CREDIT: NASA/SDO/GSFC

View full size image
Our sun is apparently a happy star according to the latest video from a NASA observatory. The video shows a pattern of sunspots that, when viewed from afar, forms a vast happy face smiling across face of the sun.

Sunspots are darker, cooler patches on the sun caused when intense magnetic activity blocks heat convection. These spots are normal, but they don't usually align to give the sun's face such character.

The smile on the sun is visible through 11 photographs taken by NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory, which images the sun from Earth orbit. Each picture was taken at the same time, but through a different filter that separated out a narrow wavelength band of light. The images range from lowest temperature to highest. [Video of Smiley Face on Sun]

Affordable Solar Panels www.SolarCity.com/Save900byAug31$900 Promotion. Go Solar by 8/31 & Reduce Energy Bills for Decades.Danica Patrick Honda Film www.honda.comWatch now to discover the upside of failure through Danica Patrick.10 Stocks to Hold Forever www.StreetAuthority.comBuy them, forget about them, and never sell them.Ads by Google
These different temperatures correspond to different layers of the sun's atmosphere, starting with the sun's surface and gradually moving out to the sun's upper corona.

Magnetic activity on the sun generally follows an 11-year cycle of waxing and waning. At the moment solar activity is coming out of a lull and starting to heat up, moving toward an expected peak around 2013.

www.space.com...

Modulators if it interfers please relocate, thanx

edit on 8/2/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
fantastic picture !

But this is a smile =)

That picture is a -_- or = [

the sun looks sad or just not in a care mood ...

probably because the sun has no friends everyone who tries to get close it burns

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

It looks more like its smirking to me.

Its probably gloating about roasting us all last month and plotting its next big weather swing.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It looks like a smirk but I like it.

Maybe the sun is thinking "haha you are in for it soon" ???

Seriously I can see the smile in it

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Glad you enjoyed lol and SOL has friends many friends. YOU are Sols friends.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yes I agree it is more of a smirk like YOU MISS ME

thanks

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

If it generated atleast 1 smile seeing this image then that more positive energy generated the better and thank you

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I figured with all the unsetteled nerves on ATS it would be cool to throw something less intense into the pile of drama. I hope any who get to see get a smile out of it, enjoy. Life isnt so bad just some of the players are.

Be well

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Definitely more of a "look of disapproval".

ಠ_ಠ

LoL!
edit on 2/8/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Interesting, but I guess its based on how one preceives these SOLar activities.

Thanks and still smile
just a lil.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Whats wrong sun feeling a bit peckish not enough comets to eat? Or are you just lonely and misunderstood? Did the aliens do something bad to you? Anyways thanks for sharing really cool picture.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Awesome, I wonder if these 11 pictures were taken just prior to the CME that was recorded, here is a thread on that: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The number 11 means "illumination" and is associated with "messages" and "fire", and is also considered "center stage" in thoughts and expressions!

Very appropriate! S&F

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by mblahnikluver

If it generated atleast 1 smile seeing this image then that more positive energy generated the better and thank you

Yup I am going to take this pic post it on my FB with the video "Dont Worry Be Happy."

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

Thanks for your input and I dont think anyhtings wrong. SOL baby may have just had gas that day

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Thanks for the added info on 11 Greensage, I am glad you enjoyed. Now dont leave w/o a lil smile

Be well

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Yup I am going to take this pic post it on my FB with the video "Dont Worry Be Happy."

Good1 mblahnikluver, I like how you think im sure others will get a kick out of it.

Be well

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

The sun can afford to make a smile and maybe laugh a lot when he saw what the leaders (lyers) of the United States did concerning the debt ceiling. Makes me laugh also how ridiculous the situation is right now around the world

Thruthseek3r

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Hey
atleast we got a smile outta you and a lol so dont let the politics get you down.

Be well and thanks

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I will just leave this here...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/541487161685.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

I think its smirkin at those comments like awww maaaan!
Also Extra radiation is causeing rising heat to bring forth drouts so Fukashima not SOL.

Thanks

top topics

<<   2 >>

join