It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Christians Threaten Atheist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
If this does not belong to this Forum can the mods move it please.

While surfing through you tube, I came across the above title.

It seems there is a debate on wither or not the cross which was found at ground zero, in the rubble, wil be put on show for everyone to see.

Now an atheist group, are taking legal action to have it stopped. Saying it violate the constitution over the separation of state and religion.

Now read the comments left by supposedly Christians themselves.

How unchristian like would yo not say?

Post comments below giving your opinions thank you.

Here is the link to the original story:

Legal Battle Over Cross At Ground Zero
edit on 2-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
They are all hypocrites . Christians are all hypocrites is what it boils down to. This is nothing new. This has been happening for centuries and centuries. (Oslo , KKK, Hutaree, Crusades, etc etc I can go on forever)

It really is baffling. It makes me real sad my family put me through the christian garbage when I was young .

christians kill christians all the time.
edit on 2-8-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
A decent sized majority of christians are absolute hypocrites. When you actually look at the amount of true christians, they drop down into a small minority. But, arguements from majority, or Ad Hominems, don't really make a difference in if they're right or not.

As far as the original cross case goes, not everyone who died there was a christian. Those that were Muslims, Jews, Atheists, or anything else, do you think they want to be buried under a cross? I know I don't.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
There is already a thread for this.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
christians are supposed to be caring loving people?

clearly she hasnt seen the christians history lol

personally i could careless if the cross was there .. screw the christians and screw the athiests ..

maybe jesus can come back and clear up this mess for us all so we can put it to end ...

but hes been on the waiting list for a while....

if your reading this jesus from up there i want you to know you suck for letting the christians be mislead for so long!

come down and fix ?

that chick in your avatar so hot .. She in bollywood movies pretty something
edit on 2-8-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Maybe they were trying to convert him by putting the fear of God in him. Maybe too much communal wine and got a little redneck.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I usually don't put in my 2 cents on this type of thread.... but I have to disagree.

A large percentage of PEOPLE are hypocrites.

It isn't based on which side they take on the religion debate.

Since I hang out somewhere in the middle of the debate myself, I see absolutely no reason why they can't put up a cross.

They're decorative at least

The symbol of the cross was used long before Christianity developed. The typical cross shape isn't even what Jesus would've been hung on. The torture device used in the crucifixion was more likely a T shape.

Just like the swastika - contrary to popular belief - backwards or forwards - means Lucky, not nazi.

The point being, just because someone you don't agree with adopts a symbol, doesn't mean its bad.

Its the not the shape thats the problem, its our mindset when we see these symbols that needs to be corrected.

Be good.

edit on 2-8-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians." -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

edit on 2-8-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

I believe in a Creator whom I chosse to call "God", but as far as Christianity goes, I can't help thinking about the millions of people murdered over the centuries by people who thought of themselves as being "good Christians"! The Catholic Church even tortured and murdered millions of its own, during the several centuries of the "Spanish Inquistion". This was done more out of greed than the saving of souls!
Moslims aren't innocent of murder themselves, as certain factions carry out a campaign of bombings, worldwide!
To Hell with all organized religion!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Id say that alot of Christians nowdays are rather bitter over the way that certain groups have attacked the Christian faith. There is a huge effort to supress all things Christian in American society now. They are being steamrolled into silence every day by a misguided leftist element that has perverted what our founding fathers intended as religious freedom. The "wall of separation between church and state" as coined by thomas jefferson in his letter to the danbury baptists has been severely misinterpreted. Read his entire letter to understand what he meant. Its not what the aclu says. The full phrase from the first ammendment of the constitution reads that "congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit the free exercise thereof....". So often is the second portion of that sentence ignored in an effort to persuade the uneducated to follow an agenda. Its purpose is to prohibit CONGRESS from declaring a state religion by law as the king of england did which led to supression of free practice of Christianity by the protestants and catholics and the persecution of these denominations by the church of england. History is being re-written by simple omissions and lack of education about the founders intentions and writings. So why are Christians fed up and angry?....hmmmmm i wonder....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Victor03

Simply, using government funds, position, or property to put forth ideas/teachings/symbols, are supporting the institution of religion.

Please present me with 1 case where christians had rights taken away that weren't already unequal. Or one where christians had rights taken away that others were allowed to keep.

Christianity had always been given special support. Leveling down that support to not give it specific advantages, is not taken away people rights to worship.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The cross, the Bible, the Quran, the Torah, the Golden calf, are all the same thing; objects without life yet worshipped as though alive. Such is the power of idolatry. Idolatry is the religion of the dead. Love, that is the worship of the living. Let the dead bury the dead how they so please.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 2-8-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The Christian faith deserves to be attacked for its' imperialistic efforts to dominate the lives of everyone it hasn't already conquered.

Putting a cross on the site of ground zero is tantamount to the Jehovahs Witnesses practice of baptising people after they've died... a pathetic attempt at legitimacy by association with trauma.

HARD FAIL.

The Revenant.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant
Putting a cross on the site of ground zero is tantamount to the Jehovahs Witnesses practice of baptising people after they've died... a pathetic attempt at legitimacy by association with trauma.

I don't believe I've heard of this, and I'm doubtful. Elaborate?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

"Good Christians" should not threaten anyone..... no???

Regards.

edit on 2-8-2011 by Surreptitious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Surreptitious

Nt if it is based on Love and Peace, but then I am not taking a dig at Christians, I have just merely posting something which I think is important with it coming up to the anniversary of 9/11.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld
There is already a thread for this.

So ...why didn't you provide the link for the other thread? I'm just saying.

And as far as Christians being hypocrites...sure many are...but so are many Atheists...so are many humans...no matter what their spiritual beliefs are...such is life!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
There one thing you learn as an atheist -- most of the time you keep your head down and your mouth shut. You never reveal your lack of belief at places like your workplace - you will get fired, never at all around business negotiations, not at bars or places where alcohol is consumed.

Of course I live in Georgia - not known for the brightest people in the country -- but christians are vengeful probably because their guide book is so full of vengeance. It is very good lesson on the oppression of minorities.

All I ask from christians is to stay out of government, they tend to make some awfully one side laws.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Over here in England it's the opposite. If a religious person starts banging on about God, they soon get told to shut up or go away. I used to be religious myself and would sometimes be accused of bringing my beliefs into a conversation even when I wasn't!

These days I'm a non-believer but I don't feel the need to get all militant about it, unless some Christian or Muslim tries to preach at me and then I tell them to take their crap somewhere else. Otherwise I keep my mouth shut, my ears and eyes open and NEVER be the one to rock the boat.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
To hell w both christians and atheists.
Beauty and intelligence are such rare qualities ; you can disarm anyone while you have both.
Tactics like that are far below them >
10 years after this is coming what was also promised to bang their heads together for good.
edit on 7-8-2011 by ZIPMATT because: link

top topics

<<   2 >>

join