It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Stupid???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
www.tomsguide.com... tient-aptiquant-survey,news-12078.html

IE users, you can take a deep breath. Your intelligence level is not necessarily below that of other browser users. A recent study claiming that IE users are plain dumb, or at least not as smart as other browser users, was just a joke. The people at AtCheap.com put the site together to highlight the incompatibilities of IE6 "and how it is pulling back" innovation. It appears that the BBC was the only organization that took the time to actually run a Whois search on AptiQuant's website and guess that the survey may not be exactly true, following a massive report trail published by all major news organizations. The lesson: Journalists, collectively, can be tricked into believing a story that may not be true. We are human and we make mistakes as well. In hindsight, there were hints that should have set off the alarm bells and the story may serve as a reminder that common sense should always be followed. So, yes, I am guilty as well, even if I questioned the scientific value of a study that basically tells us that nearly 40% of Internet users in China have a below average intelligence level (as they use IE6).

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
"Think of how stupid the average person is, then realize half of them are stupider than that!"
_____________________George Carlin

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
People aren't stupid you [extreme t&c violation] snot, they are beset with trying to make ends meet, 24-7, while having environmental poisons pushed onto them everywhere one turns.
edit on 4-8-2011 by simone50m because: there, I censored myself.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

What is a PTB?

If you think you’re being conspired against, yet cannot even identify the conspirators, you are labouring under a delusion.

Come and live in a country like mine, where actual conspiracies are two a penny and everyone knows who the conspirators are but nobody can bring them to justice, and you’ll soon get over these fantasies of oppression.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join