It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Stupid???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
EDIT To Add: I did not write the thread title that way to insult anyone. The thread title question is sarcasm based on the findings of this -marketing trick,- er, uh, I mean, IQ test. Because it is THEY who are trying to denigrate and insult you.

According to this mean spirited 'study' that was done, of which I never heard of this survey/test while it was apparently being conducted, If you stay in your default browser and don't browser-upgrade, you are RETARDED.
news.yahoo.com...

All I want to do, is visit some websites and chat there, at times, I don't do anything else on a computer, I'm not interested, in throwing myself into the ins and outs of my computer. Such as browser upgrading. Right now, I'm working on some oldy moldy books. They are not smartly compact slim, have no bright eye-hurting screen, and the pages are -paper-, which you touch, then turn with your wrist movement.
Is this study/article FAIR? I never heard about that mass IQ test.

I do not own a computer phone, (just a very -basic- cellphone) I'm not interested in how people "sext". I was born before 1960. Does that have anything to do with my luddite-leanings?
edit on 2-8-2011 by simone50m because: edit

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2/8/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Your link is broken.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Let me try and repost. thanx.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Advertising is getting more and more "in your face". Now we're retarded if we don't use a certain internet browser

I couldn't read the article you linked to because I got a "page not found" error. Though I already know that little marketing technique would definitely reinforce my decision to not upgrade.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Don't let it bug you. This was discussed yesterday here and I think the consensus was that while this may reflect upon your computer knowledge it is no real indicator of actual intelligence. Online IQ tests are highly inaccurate to begin with.

I too like the feel of an actual, tangible, paper and ink book in my hands. Tried to curl up with a Kindle and it just doesn't do it for me. I feel like those who exclusively use devices for reading/entertainment are missing out on something important.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Backslider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

After measuring the IQs of exactly 101,326 users and correlating their scores with the browser they had used to access the test, "There was a clear indication ... that the subjects using any version of Internet Explorer ranked significantly lower on an average than others," concludes the study, conducted by the Vancouver, Canada, psychometric-assessment firm, AptiQuant.

Link

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I found this from Business Standard, to hell with Yahoo.

www.business-standard.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I use Mozilla Firefox........

So my IT guy must be the smartest. According to the news this morning.

I'm so glad to know that my IT guy isn't retarded. I have to admit that I wasn't sure before.
edit on 2-8-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
change the title brother! You seem like a D***

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Backslider
[more

All this digital stuff is causing people to miss out. When I was a kid, me and others were not curled up in a darkened locked bedroom growing obese social networking and playing computer games, we were outside doing physically imperriling stuff. The other night, I watched the MSM trying to harrass this cloistered sect. There were a bunch of adoloscent girls with long dresses on, riding horses and ponies real fast along a breathtaking mountain ridge. It looked like heaven. But these girls were supposed to be getting indoctinated about lesbianism in a public government school class, while figuring out who they should single out to beat up for no reason instead.
Who is retarded???

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Hey there,

I have no Idea what your OP was talking about but to answer the question in the thread title

Yes I am

Hope this helps

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I just wanted to say that most likely Yes I am
An average doesn't define you it depicts us.

doh IkNOwSTuff you beat me

edit on 8/2/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

I did not write the thread title that way to insult anyone. The thread title question is sarcasm based on the mean spirited findings of this mean spirited marketing trick, er, uh, I mean, IQ test. Because it is THEY who are trying to denigrate and insult you.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I read that "study" the other day. I tried to Google the company (as well as several different search engines). Unless there has been a change over the past few days, nothing will come up on them - so they don't even have a website? This probably means the study wasn't well put-together. One article on the study did say they were programmers who had a thing against Microsoft... Who knows?

Actually, though, I could see where this might be true for the younger respondents. If you are 40 or below, it is assumed that you should be computer literate. A computer literate person who doesn't check out other browsers is probably a little slower than those who do. One who isn't computer literate enough to know of different browsers is probably significantly slower than average.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

Ah yeah if it's not too late...change the title.

My first response was going to be.... compared to whom?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Hey there,

I have no Idea what your OP was talking about but to answer the question in the thread title

Yes I am

Hope this helps

Too funny. Aren't we all???

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

I did not write the thread title that way to insult anyone. The thread title question is sarcasm based on the mean spirited findings of this mean spirited marketing trick, er, uh, I mean, IQ test. Because it is THEY who are trying to denigrate and insult you.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
They want you to update your browser, with all the new "security" features.. You know, to keep you "safe". The way I see it, is if it ain't broke, don't fix it. As far as I am concerned, any update they make is some hidden virus so they can, well, make me "safe". Like linux for instance, its pose to be very stable and secure, so why is it not the most popular? Duh. *tin foil hat off"

Deebo

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m

Originally posted by newcovenant

Yes thank you. I see that now but you must admit...looking at the board ARE YOU STUPID? Shouts out at you. You might leave it that way since it will draw attention to your thread but I guarantee you will get many who don't even read your post...they will react to that question FIRST, then they will read the thread and see you are not calling them stupid and then they will feel stupid. I guess they will deserve it huh?
Just want to save you all that future ragging and nagging.
Peace

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
reply to post by sir_slide

I personally hate to give them so much information all at once like when they say connect these two accounts...NO I don't want to connect these two accounts. Why should I make it easier for THEM to keep tabs on me and my activity. Anything you can do to keep yourself anonymous online is good in my opinion. They know enough about us already. Fight back!
edit on 2-8-2011 by newcovenant because: where are my stars?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join