It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which US States would you most like to visit?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The title is quite self-explanatory, which US states would you most like to visit and why would you most like to visit those particular states?

Alaska, Vermont, Maine, and Idaho are the states I would most like to visit. Alaska and Idaho because of the beautiful vast mountain scenery and large areas of preserved nature that still looks amazing. Vermont and Maine because they have a lot of history and their cities have kept their small town feel with few large chain stores and a lot of farms.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I want to go to Alaska!!!! I was born there, but we moved when I was only a year old. I've seen the pictures, but I really want to see everything in person.

Anyone going, so I can hide in your luggage?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
i'm a west coast guy, i have wanted go visit new york city, and go see the night clubs. so much good music comes out new york city.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Alaska seems like a great place to visit. The isolated wilderness and bleak weather appeals to me.

But anywhere other than Ohio sounds good to me. I hate living in this state.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
The title is quite self-explanatory, which US states would you most like to visit and why would you most like to visit those particular states?

Alaska, Vermont, Maine, and Idaho are the states I would most like to visit. Alaska and Idaho because of the beautiful vast mountain scenery and large areas of preserved nature that still looks amazing. Vermont and Maine because they have a lot of history and their cities have kept their small town feel with few large chain stores and a lot of farms.

Many of those are my same choices.
Alaska and who can forget

Hawaii !!

Have already been up the east coast Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire and the States can't possibly get prettier than that. Florida is flat but sunny. Never been out west or to the breadbasket of our country. Wonder what I'm missing?

Edit: Sorry Misoir I forgot to S&F you...done now.
edit on 2-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
H.A.W.A.I.I.

And I am sure I don't need to explain why. Volcanoesa and paradise.

I am going to Wisconsin in October, which is another state I want to visit because that is where my mother's side is from.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by adam76
i'm a west coast guy, i have wanted go visit new york city, and go see the night clubs. so much good music comes out new york city.

I am from NY and miss the beat and tempo of the city. You can feel it move and almost sing along with you the entire time you are there. And history seeps out the walls. I love NYC too. Still feel like I am missing a whole lot since I've never been out west and seen a butte.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Looking from accross the pond. Arizona for the Grand Canyon and the Buttes and sheer damn ruggedness, Alaska for a different kind of wilderness. Michigan for Detroit because I love the 60's soul sound of Detroit. The Big Apple because......it's the Big Apple. New England in the Fall because I've seen the pictures. California for the sun and the Sequioas, Hawaii for the volcanos. Rhode Island because it's the smallest state and the UK is used to things on a diminutive scale and I wonder how the state measures up against it's larger siblings, would have had to see some of the others first so perhaps fly home from that area. Florida for the Everglades and the colourful flora. Nevada for Las Vegas and lessons in government. Kentucky for the Blue Grass and rolling hills. Massachusetts for Boston it's history and architecture same for Pennsylvania and Philly, two of the places that gave Royalty a real bloody nose. Dakota (both), Texas, Nevada, Montana, New Mexico for the whole cowboy thing. Louisiana for New Orleans, don't know how it is now would have been nice to see it in it's Big Easy days, and the whole Cajun thing. Mississippi for the Old Man River and Huckleberry Finn. Plus any of the Prairie States where the sky is so big and the wheat goes on for mile after mile. It must be quite something to see such a country with such scale and variation.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hmmm...this question has gotten me before.

I would have to say though, mostly western states. Utah, Nevada, Arizona, and parts of New Mexico. The desert has that certain kind of beauty and the like. Plus hey, maybe I'll talk to some aliens while I'm out there!
(I'm more likely to talk to the illegal kind though.)

Montana and Idaho I hear are pretty neat in the summer, but a raging hell in the winter.

Colorado though, that's where I definately wanna go if I was given only one choice.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I would like to visit the SEVEN states that Obama talked about.

I have been to the other 50.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Great answers everyone! Glad to see some people with good tast.

new topics

top topics

join