It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO found at the bottom of the Baltic Sea?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I'll start by saying this is the 1 open thread about this I could find so I'll start my reply here.

Now I want to say something about this discovery. Today I was reading over some major news websites and what do I see, well I see this story again today 08/04/2011. www.foxnews.com...

Ok now I could care less who thinks what about what this object may or may not be, if indeed it's even an object. What I don't get, and understand is this - The guy saids hes been doing research and discoveries for 18 years, and hes never seen anything like it. Well OK, great; fine; However, he goes on to say and I quote " Deep ocean research is time-consuming and expensive. If the object were indeed a flying saucer, recovering it could potentially be worth millions or billions of dollars. If it's a natural formation, on the other hand, it would probably be a waste of time and money." Ok, well we have some conflicting statements here don't we.

Now If I had been doing research, and was a treasure hunter for 18 years, and I found something I had never seen before, and it was in my opinion (read the story) that this was truly something indeed, and could be a discovery worth BILLIONS? Not to mention a discovery that could change the history books forever; umm well lets see, I think I would take a risk and say screw it, lets check this thing out.

I do smell a cover-up or something not right at all about this story, because it just keeps popping up all over other websites, and main-stream media websites. I mean they have got to have the tools, experience, and resources (other intrested researchers, treasure hunters) to at least try to see what the hell this is.

Now I am a skeptic, but when a man with his experience saids its like nothing I have ever seen, followed up by and possibly worth billionsand a "Oh but I'm not gonna mess with it, we are done researching it." Something just don't add up to me. I want to know what the hell this thing is or isn't it. I mean if its just some rocks, fine, and I understand some money was lost. But damn what if it is truly something unique, like the drain plug to the ocean (lmao sarcasm)

Anyways, I am a skeptic, but I am as much curios as skeptic over this damn discovery. I may lose a night or so of sleep over it because I dont understand the decision of this guy.

What say you people?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Bump. Anybody care to comment here. Yes I seen where theres a new post about what some guy thinks this is, well its not. What hes showing is a circle shaped machine. Thats the only thing they have in common.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Bit of a bump, I saw this on space.com, I was quite suprised skept....errr I mean debunkers like them would even have something like that on there.

Article

Kinda odd I missed this...interesting none-the-less...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
i dont understand what is the big problem.... 60 or 87 meters is well within scuba-diving limits.... why don't they just dive to it? people dive in the polar sea, beneath the ice, at much deeper depths...

they should just go and check it out

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
UFO under the sea? yeh right!

It does not take a rocket scientist to work out that its some form of rock formation above the sea bed being or an ancient sunken structure.

If it was some crashed craft from years gone by it would be coverd in silt and coral and no doubt have a smoother looking out line if it was visable.

I believe its a rock formation above the sea bed thats being washed clean of silt by currents and deep wave motions.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Bob, not necessarily, at that dept there is not much current, and in the north sea there aren't many corals either, lots of sunken ships still stick out of the seafloor as if they sank few hours ago... and hey, if it really is a spaceship, it could be made of stuff id doesn't rust...

Few posts give us the possibility to solve the mystery in a few hours.... this one can... DIVE!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by butcherguy

they are going back before the end of september they have a ROV with realtime 3D sonar for a closer look
Thanks for the update.

It should be interesting, if the info is allowed out.... depending on what they find.

Probably going to say its space debris or old satellite or something.
If it is a ufo then they will never admit it.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by shasa

True but come on just look at the structure its no way a ufo just a rock formation be it natural or human built

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
A deep sonar probe or other would no doubt pick up if its a hollow stucture, metalic or a solid structure.

correct me if I am wrong

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Bob, just to be fair, this is the #1 UFO website in the world ( at least in my opinion ), i've been surfing it for many years.... and we still haven't seen a clear picture of a UFO, nevertheless what's it like inside ( and i belive they exist, and they are visiting planet earth and what - some - see are actually UFOs).
Having said that, what makes you so sure it's a rock formation, and even more, tha a UFO - or that UFO - can be penetrated by sonar, or for that matter, that it's hollow inside....
Only serious field research, when it is possible, could maybe unveil the mystery... in this case it's just a deep dive in cold waters... drysuit, some planning and basic safety measures will do it ( i've dived a few times below 60 meters ), it's really not that hard, i'm no professional diver...

No busting int area 51, no spotting mysterious alien satellites, no interpretation of dubiously reliable testimony, none of that here, just a dive...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You know, I used the search function, the one at the top of the screen and I still can't find the right thread for this topic. Instead of just fitching and telling people to search for it you could always put a link in your reply to the right thread.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Is this Hoax ???

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I know the vitriol that can arise by posting about something that is already in discussion, but I cannot find this particular video anywhere ATS yet and I have tried. When I search Baltic, or Baltic UFO all I get are old threads about this UFO on the bottom of the Baltic sea. This video showed up yesterday. It is a group of Swedish sailors on the Baltic Sea being followed by a circular object, riding on the water right behind them. At first you think it is being pulled by the boat but then it seems to propel itself in an entirely different direction. Possible solutions floating about are that it is some kind of buoy attached either to a submarine or large marine animal. What do you think?

www.youtube.com...

I would have created my own thread about it, but I am a new member and cannot do that until I have four reply posts. I thought this was as good a place as any to post it since it is indeed, as of yet, an unidentified "flying" (or in this case "skimming") object in the Baltic Sea.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Hey its a year later. What did happen with this thing? Any word?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dextraphite

The "UFO" turned out to be nothing other than a giant plug, which was pulled by the aid of an ocean tug, on orders of a barechested Vladimir Putin. Unfortunately the whole of the Baltic Sea drained out leaving the tug, and several thousand various boats, skiff, yachts and dinghies stranded.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dextraphite
Hey its a year later. What did happen with this thing? Any word?

i was actually thinking about this 'thing' only yesterday and waswondering if there had been any more news

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

why won't you die already?

seriously this topic has been covered a LOT.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by babylonstew

I was actually as well. It came to my mind as I heard about it when the story originally broke. but nothing since then. You would think there would be something, but I googled it and found? What do you think?...... Just the story. That is it. Nothing new.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The swedish newspaper has an article about this today, actually. Supposedly they've found a reliable investor and they are actually going to dive down there and investigate the object, whatever it is.

Article (in swedish)

Title would be a bit misleading if run through google translate. Properly translated it'd be something like "UFO believers chase swedish wreckage hunters" XD.

Here's part of the article, translated by myself rather than Google:

They have an agreement with a big tv-company who want to make a series about the expedition. They are still hoping that swedish companies are also going to help with the financing - so that it actually happens. The idea is to send down a camera, then a manned (mini)submarine. It's presently scheduled to begin in (late) May.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by phrixus

Old news mate, knew this ages ago www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks like they should be going back some time this month. Star for your interest in the case though

edit on 30-4-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join