It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The free love generation has F---ed us!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It is really amusing to listen to people describe the "hippy culture" based on movies and what sounds like the same old conservative backwash that I have been hearing since the seventies.

The Liberals taking taxes from the poor hard working stiff. Why is it so hard to remember the liberal administration the did the theings tha made the US a civilized nation and left with a budget surplus -- while the next eight years were spent cutting taxes and leaving us way in a deep hole. And somehow that is the progressives fault.

OP is very very naive.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
It is really amusing to listen to people describe the "hippy culture" based on movies and what sounds like the same old conservative backwash that I have been hearing since the seventies.

The Liberals taking taxes from the poor hard working stiff. Why is it so hard to remember the liberal administration the did the theings tha made the US a civilized nation and left with a budget surplus -- while the next eight years were spent cutting taxes and leaving us way in a deep hole. And somehow that is the progressives fault.

OP is very very naive.

My mother was a hippie and grew up through these hard times. I have talked with her extensively about the "hippie culture" Most people in, here will claim some righteous BS and hate on the thread. I do not believe all of hippie culture is to blame like I said. However, I have watched how liberals have infiltrated the college system . I had to correct my political science professor about the fact that The United States of America isn't a democracy it is, in fact, a Republic. I also had an extremely liberal female English Professor which proceeded to tell me how privileged I'm for being white and a male. Like i had a choice of being a white male

to quote you "It is really amusing to listen to people describe the "hippy culture" based on movies and what sounds like the same old conservative backwash that I have been hearing since the seventies."

Maybe that's because during that time the hippies had already infiltrated the college system and they had to indoctrinate you into the whole white guilt thing. Evil white male conservatives creating wars and giving taxes to the rich BS the rest of us have been hearing for more then 40 years now. I don't think you liberals understand the fact that the civil rights movement is over you won. Ps I bet you do think it was bill Clinton's policy making decisions that balanced the budget lol.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join