It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The free love generation has F---ed us!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
If your reading this thread, then I bet your wondering why I'm talking about the hippie or free love generation. Well, the average age of Congress is 57 now our representatives are 55, and the senators average about 61 years of age. That would make these people around the age to be influenced heavily in hippie culture. They watched their older brothers or sisters become intrenched into the hippie system of thinking maybe even their teachers,professors and fellow classmates might have been hippies as well.

The hippie culture wasn't such a bad thing, but it's what it led people into as the draft progressed and friends began to die in the Vietnam war. Revolution,Radicalization and rebellion mixed into a culture add in mind-altering drugs, extreme political views and civil rights movement. I think you get the picture. These are the same people who are in office now screwing everything up. While it's easy for me to judge these people, they did a lot of good in their younger days. However, I feel their view of our world is slightly off.

Remember they watched a president get assassinated, race riots and then fellow classmates die at war they didn't want or understand, and they fought off the hate well with love. However, they messed up a lot of things by going to far. The political system today is totally screwed all the way right or all the way left now. The right passes' laws like the patriot act while the left just gives away hard-earned tax money to people who break our laws. Both are extremely radical and border on the moronic.

This might just be me, but it would seem the left wingers have taken on extreme political views and civil rights while the right wingers may have fought in the Vietnam war came home and got spit on, in turn they hate anything the left does. As each side gets progressively more aggressive with their agenda and extremist view in order to counter balance each other out the other side must become more extreme in their views. Thus creating the gap between the people and the government because i think most of us Americans are not completely liberal or completely republican we are somewhere in between. So to all the tree hugging liberal crybabies and the tea bagging hate machines instead of standing around playing who can rowshambow the hardest why dont we turn it down a notch and tell the free love generation to stop fighting over BS because we are on the same side

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

" If your reading this thread, then I bet your wondering why I'm talking about the hippie or free love generation. Well, the average age of Congress is 57 now our representatives are 55, and the senators average about 61 years of age. That would make these people around the age to be influenced heavily in hippie culture. ... "

those voted into office were at the tail end of the hippie, free-love, drugs/sex/rock-&-roll movement...

they including Øbama were mostly influenced in the America= Love it or Leave it... tradition
and the mostly leftist centers of education, Universities & the ideals of professors, not the hippies and others of the great unwashed.

Øbama , fell in with the revolutionaries, weathermen & such...a radical faction in the cultural revolution,
hippies, dope and free love were the anthisis to these radicals....

gaining power influence, wealth is these legislators Totem...and they are of the same group which split off to become Business/Bankers...which are both in juxtoposition to the Hippy life/mindset....

sorry, i must disagree with your proposal.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I cant wait to see what the country is like when all the nihilistic grunge kids and ganster rap kids are in these positions in about 20 years or so.

Maybe we'll actually get a government that leaves people alone and doesnt participate in scorching the earth.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Nope. Nope. Nope.
Very few senators or congessmen were ever hippies my friend.
Members on BOTH sides of the houses are totally not from that caste of people, though they may have been the same age.
There are not many legislators who are middle class people.
They are mostly generated from the moneyed elite.
I believe that the majority would be anti most of what the hippies stood for.
These people dont want to share the wealth, they want to control it.
It makes no difference who gets in they invariably use their exhalted position to enrich themselves, and their cronies.
We dont really need a different political system, we just need honest honourable people to run what we have for the benefit of all.
What a sham.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

There are many flaws in your argument, mostly your emphasis on liberals vs the...???

The hippy generation just expended their energy on psychedelic drugs instead of searching for it inside of them. I feel that your argument is silly personally,
edit on 2-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I was thinking the same thing about the Emo generation lol damn we are doomed

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I was thinking the same thing about the Emo generation lol damn we are doomed

At that point we'll just become France without the flair.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
My older sister was part of the hippie generation - even ran away to California in the late 60s.

However, most 'hippies' were only weekend hippies and led the 'straight life' during the week - in other words, poseurs. They were around mostly for the drugs and getting laid and weren't remotely interested in the protests or challenging authority.

It's the poseurs, and the sell-outs that have taken over.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Its not an argument. To say these people came from that generation isn't a lie or something that can be debated. Now if you notice i do say it was the tail end of the hippie movement aka revolution that created these monsters. That is a theory and you can feel what ever way you wish

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This is not only America. All western Europe have the same problem. This people are left oriented celebrities which can't see past the end of their noses.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

The hippie culture wasn't such a bad thing, but it's what it led people into as the draft progressed and friends began to die in the Vietnam war. Revolution,Radicalization and rebellion mixed into a culture add in mind-altering drugs, extreme political views and civil rights movement. Sorry you just stated what i had already said aka the revolutionary stage.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jessica6
My older sister was part of the hippie generation - even ran away to California in the late 60s.

However, most 'hippies' were only weekend hippies and led the 'straight life' during the week - in other words, poseurs. They were around mostly for the drugs and getting laid and weren't remotely interested in the protests or challenging authority.

It's the poseurs, and the sell-outs that have taken over.
Poseurs huh
Really i think they just grew up and couldn't hold the same dream of living out of a suitcase while selling mushrooms for a living but they kept the white guilt over the whole civil rights thing. And like i said took over the democratic party

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by odyseusz
This is not only America. All western Europe have the same problem. This people are left oriented celebrities which can't see past the end of their noses.

You could be correct

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

If it weren't for the tree huggers there would not be such thing as an environmental movement or such a thing as HEALTH FOOD. You would still be eating the cardboard boxes.

All of us would be so chemical laden and sick and we would still be believing the FDA is watching out for our best interests. Half of us would be dead and the other half would be blue from chemical dyes.
Where the heck were they planning to take us with the irradiation, artificial ingredients and chemicals?

One would think the future of the United States was underwritten and SPONSORED BY Rockefeller and his chemical companies.

It took those hippy's to tell us what "they" were doing to our food and make us think twice about THE ESTABLISHMENT, who is in charge and what their real agenda might be.

VIETNAM? Right. They also informed us what atrocities were happening during the war that the American people did not know about such as our soldiers killing women and children and burning down villages in drug induced rages of violence.

Here is what is very strange...JFK, RFK, MLK and even John Lennon all liberals, all lefties and all assassinated mysteriously under very questionable circumstances.

Who has the friggin guns again?
Who might be responsible here?

Show me a mighty righty who has been shot down in his prime BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WERE STARTING TO LISTEN AND PAY ATTENTION TO THEM and starting to question their own government.

Then I will believe these assassinations were not deliberate POLITICAL MURDERS perpetuated by people within our own government who did not want these question asked, who did not want these deeds investigated. A Military Industrial Complex. A powerful, old, violent and deadly secret cabal of right wing extremist who are guaranteeing a NWO and making sure politics plays out exactly as they have already planned.

If you have a good idea you don't have to kill your opponents.

Guarantee you they are working diligently and tirelessly toward making a slave race of us all.
Do you think they are killing people to make sure we are more free?
That's just crazy talk.

Wake up and smell the gunpowder. Put your finger to the wind and you can tell where this violence and death - where this NWO agenda is coming from, who exactly it is being designed and heralded in by and it will happen if they have to murder everyone that stands in it's way. And the poor liberals, the people party, are running low on Kennedy's to throw at them.

edit on 2-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

look buddy if the republicans are in on the NWO so are the democrats. Ps martian Luther king was a republican hes your proof en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think the "roaring twenties" crowd brought about free-love. Hippies just brought it back, and apparently that time, it stuck.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Problems existed long before hippies. Ask your grandparents if politicians were just as crazy then as they are now. Ask them if our country has been through financial troubles before....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Yes! Yes! Yes!

ooooooooohhhhhhh yesssss.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Protesting hippies are a big part of the reason we lost control of this country.

The hippies can burn in hell for all I care.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Problems existed long before hippies. Ask your grandparents if politicians were just as crazy then as they are now. Ask them if our country has been through financial troubles before....

Grandparents are dead sorry. But your right to a certain degree and i bet my grandparents would say that the way this country is run is totally different

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join