It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politicians Won, and America Lost-Sen. Coburn on Debt Deal:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Sen. Tom Coburn says the debt-ceiling compromise might have been “great theater” for the politicians, but there is no gain for the country in the long run. “Well, I think the politicians won, and America lost,” the Oklahoma Republican said today

“I don’t know of any program that was eliminated. I don’t know of any duplication that was eliminated. I don’t know of anything that’s set in stone that it can’t be reversed with a vote of 60 people in the Senate,” Coburn said, adding that “98 percent of this thing, nothing happens on for another year and five months. We didn’t cut spending to increase the likelihood we can protect our debt limit. I think [for] the politicians it was great theater, but in the long run, the country lost.”

“There’s an $830 billion increase in discretionary spending over the next 10 years under this — $830 billion — almost a trillion dollars more we’re going to spend,” he said. “So we’re playing the Washington game again, where we call a cut a slowdown in spending versus what America thinks of a cut, that I am going to spend less next year than I did this.

Source: www.newsmax.com...

So, why now? Why didn't he walk out to the main floor of the house and yell at the top of his lungs that this thing Sucks for the American people?

A little late now.

Please, Please..... give me a Palin type NOW. Call her whatever you want but I can rest assure that the country would have been better off with McCain/Palin winning. It will be even better off with Palin-IMO. .

So, if you disagree, Okay... Keep following the "best and Brightest" that Americans seem to beleive in. The US Congress and Obama (POTUS). That way you can say "I won" but in reality, you (and us) have lost. More than we'll ever know.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Maybe the world is going to end in 2012. The spending certainly reflects the notion of you can't take it with you so spend it now even if you don't have it. I imagine that our nation's credit card debt clearly parallels the debt of our Federal Govt.

Spend Spend Spend go by the BMW that you've always wanted and apply for 12 months same as cash while you're at it....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Washington is beyond control ! Get ready for a big dose of hyperinflation think groceries are expensive now just wait a year or two.We need to cut back on spending Military and domestic.You would think any fool would understand you cant borrow 40 cents on the dollar forever without paying the piper ITS TREASON

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

So, why now? Why didn't he walk out to the main floor of the house and yell at the top of his lungs that this thing Sucks for the American people?

A little late now.

Being from Oklahoma and having him as my Senator, I am very happy to answer your question - Coburn is a sellout and ignores the voice of his constituents on a regular basis. I have been trying to have him removed from office for awhile now but the elderly folks or just the republican base in general, refuses to change things up. It's been the same for so long and no one is willing to put in new leadership.

Coburn, Sullivan and Inhofe are all awful representatives of Oklahoma.

Sullivan sold us out on the Final Debt Deal vote yesterday. I suspect Coburn and Inhofe will do so today. I have no faith in these men.

But, someone I do have some faith in has been consistent once more - Ron Paul. He is consistent and never flip flops. He voted no on the deal. He has raised his voice and has tried to warn the people. He has my vote in 2012 (assuming we have a country left).

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Well put my friend you couldnt have said it better

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Well put my friend you couldnt have said it better

top topics

join