It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swede held for building nuclear reactor in his kitchen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Swedish police have detained a 31-year-old man in Ängelholm in western Sweden who was discovered after he sought advice from authorities on the legality of building a nuclear reactor in a domestic kitchen.

Link

Ok so maybe the person has a screw loose but he was open about what he was doing.
Also, he only got arrested after asking about if it were illegal.

Hmm makes me think, I will have to check the terms of conditions about my tennancy.

Ok just checked, no mention of nuclear materials at all.
Cool I am safe to build my own nuclear reactor now....... or am I ?

So do you think this bloke is a nut case or are you worried about the fact he was arrested (and what for) ?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
You cannot build a fully critical nuclear reactor in your kitchen. You can however accumulate relatively small amounts of fissile materials and radioactive elements, but that's completely different to an actual nuclear reactor.

Here's someone who did something similar in the USA, there is also a small description of how he did it.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2/8/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Cool!

How long do you think it will be until you can get your own Mr. Fusion* at Best Buy?.

*Back to the Future I

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

"Nuclear Power is a hell of a way to boil soup."

Hearing stuff like this makes me sad. This guy is only one year older than me and I haven't even started on my kitchen reactor. =(

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Love it, seems a normal course of action, a typical European getting sick of extortionate energy rates looks to build his own nuclear reactor. Seems like a plan to me, I might just try to divert a local river and build my own hydroelectric plant

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

lol, you just reminded me of what one of my (now deceased) mates used to say....'dam the valley and let it flood!' hehheh, ty

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I think it was shameful that they processed him as a criminal.

... and telling that he was never contacted despite his blogging the whole experiment.

A simple interview in the home, and subsequent seizure of any dangerous material would have sufficed.

top topics

join