It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions, in next 48 hrs will hit strong eartqveke or volcano event

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I also have several friends that are saying the next 48 hours will be intense. Guess we'll see.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Just wanted to quote this to go with the video you provided. ♥

Originally posted by intergalactic fire
You really can not predict an earthquakes just by looking at solar activity, there is no direct link.
I've been researching some data and checking all the 7+ earthquakes from 2005 till 2011.
I've only done 2005 till 2007 and i cant find any direct connection between earthquakes,solar activity and geomagnetic data,
but still have some years to do, so who knows... but my guess is no direct links from those years(2005-2006-2007).
I've also checked for planetary alignements on those days and there is always some sort of earth-sun-planets alignement. So my first thought would be planets have more effect on earthquakes than solar activity.
The only thing i found with solar activity was that, on 90% of the 7+ quakes, there was a solar wind speed with average of 500-600km/s(normally 300km/s), so that could be some sort of indication, but i cant say that now, still have some other data to verify and maybe finding some links,...
On 4 quakes there was CME recorded 1-2 days before.
I want to take a look at some earthcrust-data, volcanic activity (pressures, movements and such) if someone have some links for those data? always welcome to share

Im a little confused by Dalke07 now, his OP says "CME" but above he links to solar flares.. which is what I thought thats what we were discussing - no matter, I googled CME's

how bout this link - according to this we got more than earthquakes to worry about - it implies an unpredictable polar shift (no earthquakes mentioned at all) science.howstuffworks.com...

Hey, if he won't commit to a prediction and won't listen to reason, might as well join in the scaring??

no not quite...

This CME on April 10th - www.earth-issues.com... was 3 days AFTER the last big notable quake (7.1 Japan) ... so by that logic we should've had a major earthquake last week.

Since the OP referred Wiki for solar flares, here's what it says on CME's

When the ejection is directed towards the Earth and reaches it as an interplanetary CME (ICME), the shock wave of the traveling mass of Solar Energetic Particles causes a geomagnetic storm that may disrupt the Earth's magnetosphere, compressing it on the day side and extending the night-side magnetic tail. When the magnetosphere reconnects on the nightside, it releases power on the order of terawatt scale, which is directed back toward the Earth's upper atmosphere

This process can cause particularly strong auroras in large regions around Earth's magnetic poles. These are also known as the Northern Lights (aurora borealis) in the northern hemisphere, and the Southern Lights (aurora australis) in the southern hemisphere. Coronal mass ejections, along with solar flares of other origin, can disrupt radio transmissions and cause damage to satellites and electrical transmission line facilities, resulting in potentially massive and long-lasting power outages.

Humans in space or at high altitudes, for example, in airplanes, risk exposure to intense radiation. Short-term damage may include skin irritation with potential increased risk of developing skin cancer, but it's likely that any affected individuals would recover from any such exposure.

No earthquakes mentioned.

meh I'm getting tired (but at least I'm reading links this time eh?
)

Just want to remind people of the CME we had in May as well
ATS Thread Failing to Predict a May Earthquake

Google returned NO major earthquakes in May. In fact according to intergalactics source 7+ earthquakes There were NO 7+ earthquakes between 4/7 and 6/24.... so weird..... I mean if what you guys say is true....

All the links I could find supposedly connecting CME's Solar Flares or any type of space activity to Earthquakes were FORUMS, Blogs, and basically tabloids and fearmongers.

The sad part, is if by some miracle we do have a 7.0 + earthquake any time in the next week - he'll milk this prediction for all its worth.

I'll be over here waiting.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
7's are pretty common...he prob will hit...but an 8 would be a REAL prediction...but he didnt make one
edit on 8/2/2011 by Homedawg because: dawgsbaine

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Large CME headed our way? Check

Stock markets plunged? Check

Significant Numerology in the date 8/3/11? Check

Significant Astronomical alignments? Check

Record year in terms of big quakes? Check

Population reduction lobbyists? Check

Prophecies? Check

I'm not big on taking people's predictions, but the when all these factors exist in the way they do, it's a little scary to think about what may be around the corner.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

"Significant Numerology in the date 8/3/11?"..What do we have here?...2011+08+03=15...whats so bad about 15?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Large CME headed our way? Maybe - we might get a good light show - or a pole shift!

Stock markets plunged? I see no way this is related to earthquakes

Significant Numerology in the date 8/3/11? I actually might buy into that theory

Significant Astronomical alignments? ok here's some links I did read
  • Planet alignments: Fact or Fiction?
  • Planets for dessert - NASA Science
  • What causes earthquakes
  • Seismic FAQ: Planetary Alignments
  • Planetary Alignment History

Record year in terms of big quakes? Just the Japan one - 2006 is comparable

Population reduction lobbyists? LOL you're cute

Prophecies? Nothing new either - but yeah I might buy into this one too (if we're going by ancient prophets and not current ones)

The truth is, this predicting is solely for notoriety on a "just in case" theory. I read his other threads, he clings to 9nania like she's a god cause she "coincidentally" predicted Japan.
    edit on 2-8-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

• posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:48 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Dalke07

I think any activity will be a huge solar blast, not an earthquake, this is heading for us... www.myweathertech.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:51 PM
    link   
    Tomorrow is my little sisters birthday, and If anything happens to ruin it, I will be extremeley upset. Just saying.
    Also the fourth is my anniversary, so please, nothing then either thanks!

BASED GOD!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:00 PM
    link   
    reply to post by madhattress

interesting - we had a huge (ats thread) sunspot in 2009 too

it looks like combined they're slightly over the 2009 one - but each being less than half the size on its own

I could be reading that wrong though

The sunspot will cause the Earth's atmosphere to heat up, potentially creating problems to powerlines, radio transmitters and delicate equipment such as mobile phones and computers.

source

The closest earthquake 7+ I could find was 8 days later

ok I'll come back in 8 days then....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:00 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Forevever

Thanks, but whats up with the loveheart/

Yes, a prediction that something will happen? Maybe its intuition, guess or some rumors were spread.
    If you make a prediction, lets say, a CME of today will cause geomagnetic disturbance and an earthquake will follow in the next 48h(60h),
    you didnt verify if there is any correlation between them( even when some data is provided, geomagnetic), than i would say you are taking your luck or want to be the next Al Gore.
    I've only posted the earth magnetic field disturbance(because thats what's in your prediction), but there is more, just ask, i have papers full of it

I also wanted to believe it had a direct influence, but after checking it for myself i knew i had to look somewhere else and taking more parameters in count to try and find some links.

And arent we here to learn? This planet has enough of false prophets(politicans,media, marketing, advertising,...) dont be one yourself.
    Remember that green is the color

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:03 PM
    link   
    reply to post by intergalactic fire

I'm more likely to believe someone who says "they had a dream" than forum posts trying to link solar activity

I just don't have any evidence

I appreciate the work you did so you get a heart!

and god knows I'm looking forward to the end of the world

There just isn't anything substantial to connect these events.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:05 PM
    link   

they've always said the sun was stable and going to be so for another 5 billion years :
    is it something quite magnetic helping this happen?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:06 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Dalke07

Ive had the sense a bigger than average one is coming soon too. Tho I see it lower half of Chile...or ' off my coast' (bottom of Aus) southern ocean area. *shrugs* time will tell.
    There also a lot of movement on the equator, and I go so far as to say ' bye bye Canary Islands" soon.
    The new ocean developing under the gul of Aden is causing all the plates to move...its going to be a testing time.

r

edit on 2-8-2011 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:07 PM
    link   
    Little bit of info, I have managed to gather in less than 5 minutes

Over the past 5 months there has been an increase in solar activity thus an increase in seismic activity, such as the earthquakes in Indonesia, Japan, Mexico, Haiti, Chile, Turkey, and China and the volcanic eruption in Iceland. NASA’s STEREO program has been monitoring solar activity and has observed a significant amount of solar phenomenon. All of these earthquakes occurred in locations closest to the edges of the tectonic plates. Solar activity has a direct relationship on seismic activity. Think of a solar wind as a stream of plasma or energy hitting the Earth’s magnetic field for a period of 2-3 days. Granted, there has been solar phenomenon throughout the existence of our solar system, and seismic activity as well. The point is the two go hand in hand and solar activity has a direct effect on the planet’s tectonic plate movement. It is basically the driving force for the tectonic plates. As a result Earth’s core temperature gradually increases. This increase in the Earth’s core temperature causes the core to expand, thus causing Earth’s crust to be pushed outward and tectonic plates to move all at once, moving easier due to the hotter surface underneath it. As a result you see fissures created, earthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanoes erupting. A simple analogy would be to compare the planet to a space ship protected by a force field. When plasma blasts are fired at the shield, the field generator heats up. If too much plasma blast is fired at the ship, the generator over heats and the ship is vulnerable to exposure to plasma blasts. This same analogy could be applied to the planet, but the planet’s generator does not cease to function. It just overheats. As a result of the core overheating it causes earthquakes. A simple calorimetry equation could be applied to this to explain how energy causes temperatures to rise.

And here is a link to a recent find

Scientists find First Evidence of a link between weather, and tectonic plates

Little snippet to whet your whistles

What’s the News: Geologists have known for years that tectonic plates affect climate patterns. Now they say that the opposite is also true, finding that intensifying climate events can move tectonic plates. Using models based on known monsoonal and plate movement patterns, geologists say that the Indian Plate has accelerated by about 20% over the past 10 million years. “The significance of this finding lies in recognising for the first time that long-term climate changes have the potential to act as a force and influence the motion of tectonic plates,” Australian National University researcher

Now rip it apart people

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:13 PM
    link   

Originally posted by madhattress
    reply to post by Dalke07

I think any activity will be a huge solar blast, not an earthquake, this is heading for us... www.myweathertech.com...

Thats more reasonable.
    There are 3 sunspots 11260, 11261 and 11263 that have lot potential for another M or X-flare.
    My guess is also on 11263 because of its complexity(magnetic structure)
    opposite polarity spots
    [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07916ed9d598.jpg[/atsimg]
    pink is negative and blue-green is positive

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:20 PM
    link   
    Im still waiting to find out what the big deal is about 15?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:22 PM
    link   
    reply to post by solargeddon

Neither of your quoted links provides a description of the mechanism by which they propose that climate may affect tectonic plates > or even cause earthquakes.

my suggestion of a mechanism which would cause both cmes and earthquakes , and the 30 year storm on saturn, and the noises reaching us from Jupiter , is the comet.

the nucleus is a dense mass, carrying strong gravitaional influence. this affects planets and sun.

the alignment ele- sun- earth lasted 3 days before march 11 earthquake. i propose the earth quite suddenly felt the influence of the comet again as it re-emerged into its field of activity from behind the protection of the sun.
    crossing the two 'fields' caused the japan earthquale/tsunami

^try and break this apart

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:27 PM
    link   
    reply to post by solargeddon

well first off its a blog

they only source one scientist - someone else is free to look him up - I don't dig into the "identity" things

His name is - giampiero iaffaldo - the article this name links to (from your article) leads to talks about climate change, doesn't mention a correlation between the sun and earthquakes link at cosmos

Iaffaldano stressed that his study did not mean that global warming would translate to stronger earthquakes happening more often, with the relevant patterns developing over "the order of millions of years".

The only thing really substantiated in that article you're quoting, is the study of magnetic minerals in age-dated rocks

the rest of the links go back to wiki - none of those links have anything to do with scientific studies on earthquakes

I like this response in the comments

Krugwaffle Says:
    April 15th, 2011 at 7:08 am
    This article is an example of how anything can be proven scientifically if you simply discard enough of the evidence to the contrary.

The NEW scientific process:

1. Figure out where you want to be in the political power structure in 5-10 years.
    2. Decide what ‘scientific discovery’ will provide that boost to your status.
    3. Find an experiment that will have this scientific discovery as it’s outcome.
    4. Ignore every other indication to the contrary.
    5. Publish, publish, publish.
    6. Repeat step 5 as necessary.

and maybe this one

Daniel J. Andrews Says:
    April 17th, 2011 at 4:33 pm
    What I find interesting is that the end of the article admits that this cannot be an effect of global warming. This is despite the fact that the title’s wording is intended to suggest a link between the two.

Except we're not discussing Global Warming.... or climate change... or whatever is the popular term these days

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:31 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
    Im still waiting to find out what the big deal is about 15?

LOL I think he was saying
    Date: 8 - 3 - 11
    8+3 = 11
    11:11

LOL thanks for the laugh! ♥
    edit on 2-8-2011 by Forevever because:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:31 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Homedawg

Actually, its about the 'elevens.'

8 + 3= 11 in the year (abbrev.) 11...its an 11/11 mix.

And, nothing is 'wrong' with 15...but, in numerology you add 'down' to one digit so 15 = 1 +5 = 6.

Not really a devotee of the numbers...but I just wanted to explain (a little) where I think that post was going.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join