It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The words the SEAL who killed OBL radioed home - and why NO ONE will ever know his identity

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
The names of those SEALs, the helicopter pilots/aircrew, etc should NEVER be released. Their families would be targeted and it would cause all sorts of problems.

Even today in 2011 we still don't know all the names of the 56 US Army Special Forces troopers who attacked the Son Tay Prison Camp in North Vietnam in 1970. Only the name of the raid commander, Col. Arthur Simmons has been released. Of course, their are rumors that so and so was a member of the assault force but the full roster has yet to be released. Sadly the the North Vietnamese had moved the prisoners beforehand and so the raid was only a partial success (we captured and killed numerous Soviet and Chinese advisors). Only 2 Americans were wounded. About 60 North Vietnamese, Soviets, and Chinese troops were killed.
edit on 2-8-2011 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

Concur.

Information Age doesn't mean compromising the security of the Seals.

BTW I meant to type 'osama' and not 'obama'
in my previous post.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
The names of those SEALs, the helicopter pilots/aircrew, etc should NEVER be released. Their families would be targeted and it would cause all sorts of problems.

Even today in 2011 we still don't know all the names of the 56 US Army Special Forces troopers who attacked the Son Tay Prison Camp in North Vietnam in 1970. Only the name of the raid commander, Col. Arthur Simmons has been released.

There you are wrong there is a list and has been for a long time.
I have used this list to out a couple fakes that tried to claim they were there.
www.professionalsoldiers.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

YES!!! An 'Airplane!' reference.

"Surely, you can't be serious."

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

edit on 3-8-2011 by CriticalThinkerInTahoe because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join