It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So it finally comes down to the senate to decide if this game ends on Tuesday.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The U.S. Senate is scheduled to take up the debt-ceiling deal at noon Tuesday Aug 2 2011.

The agreement reached Sunday by President Barack Obama and congressional leaders from both parties calls for up to $2.4 trillion in savings over the next decade, raises the debt ceiling through the end of 2012 and establishes a special congressional committee to recommend long-term fiscal reforms.

The legislation needs to reach Obama's desk on Tuesday. If the current $14.3 trillion debt limit is not increased by that point, Americans could face rapidly rising interest rates, a falling dollar and shakier financial markets, among other problems.

www.cnn.com...

What are your thoughts on this ATS?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The cut over 10 years is half of what they spend in a year. This is nothing but a game. The real reason behind all this is to get in place a Super Congress. There angle is that there are too many people involved with the running of our country so when the nation is at a crossroad like it was, The Legion of Doom headed by Obama can supercede the constitution.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
LET IT DIE!

DAMN THE CONSEQUENCES!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

Oh great. Now everyone is spreading this rumor yet there is no proof whatsoever.

Please cite your sources. If it's another ATS thread, spare us

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

What exactly is the rumor? Just do a search for super congress and theres tons of info out there. Not exactly sure what you are refering to.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Debt deal set to pass but what were the costs?

news.yahoo.com...

Well ill say it this way......"We Are All Screwed"

By December this year all will know why.

And all who thinks that a Super Congress is a Rumor has been hiding under a rock or is way out of touch of reality.

www.dailykos.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.growthology.org...

www.infowars.com...

www.zerohedge.com...

Our US is becoming this

www.imdb.com...
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: Super Congress

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
Our US is becoming this
www.imdb.com...

But also this at the same time...
imdb

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by dreamfox1
Our US is becoming this
www.imdb.com...

But also this at the same time...
imdb

Lol yep i believe so

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

To humor you, I did search this in-depth. This so-called "Super Congress" is nothing more than a committee. There are 21 in the Senate, 21 in Congress, and 5 joint committees.

I can't possibly bring my self to understand why these rumors spread. I know, some guy said so on ATS but this is ridiculous. Committees have been around for a long long time. This is nothing new.

Out of this bill come MUCH more dire consequences than creation of a provisional committee. This seems like a distraction to me.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Even if a "super congress" were planned, how would that be scarier than secret executive orders? The latter is much worse and we've had that forever.

new topics

top topics

join