It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.8 Million Israelis Get 100 Billion In US Tax Dollars While American States Are Falling Apart

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by awareness10

While we aid terrorists in Libya? End all aid unless for a Natural crisis.(Earthquake,Volcano,Hurricane...etc.)

How exactly are we aiding terrorists in Libya? We know for a FACT that Gaddafi is a terrorist, yet we supported him for decades because we wanted his oil. The people we now support over there were revolting against his human rights violations and suppression of freedom...how exactly does that turn them into terrorist.

The amount of uneducated bigotry in this thread is baffling

show us credible evidence that the people were revolting his human rights violations...... they get free schooling all the way up to a master's degree, he brought them water through the biggest man made river in the world, they get their housing for freeeeeeeeee........... what a horrible person would do this for his people!!!!! shame on him!!!!!!!

Col Gaddafi has retained absolute, authoritarian control.

Dissent has been ruthlessly crushed and the media remains under strict government control.

Gaddafi's regime is accused of serious human rights abuses
Libya has a law forbidding group activity based on a political ideology opposed to Col Gaddafi's revolution.

The regime has imprisoned hundreds of people for violating the law and sentenced some to death, Human Rights Watch says.

Torture and disappearances have also been reported.

In May 2011, the International Criminal Court's prosecutor, Luis Moreno-Ocampo, sought the arrest of Libyan leader and two others for crimes against humanity.

The prosecutor said that Col Gaddafi bore responsibility for "widespread and systematic attacks" on civilians.

LINK

Yeah, sounds like a happy place...I'm sure you would have loooooooooved to live there before the revolution. Citizens were covered in free gold by Gaddafi himself...right?

Also, 30% unemployment and an average income of only $13,300 per year...great place....

And let's not forget the Lockerbie bombing for which they took responsibility...and then held a festive reception for the bomber once the UK let him go because they wanted to improve trade relationships (aka more oil).

He also held 2 Swiss businessmen hostage for MONTHS and asked for a ransom...which Switzerland paid...until Germany blocked his accounts and gave that money back

Having said that...it's a complete mystery to me why the US felt the need to intervene with Europe...why the need to get involved in something that has ZERO influence on them?
edit on 2-8-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Yeah..that is a brilliant move. I wonder which of the moronic politicians thought this one up, or better yet which one got a 25 million dollar kick back for this from Israel. I say enough is enough, screw the rest of the world and start paying attention to the hard working tax paying Americans who are struggling just to pay their mortgage, and put food on the table. Forget Israel, and forget any country benefiting off of our hard earned tax dollars

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
aipac stated on their websites that they did 527 lobbying appointments right after the 2011 conference......five HUNDRED and 27, think about that.........

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LexiconV

So being a brit this is surely going to affect me to.and with our government we are gettin screwed over everyday.
Oh and bye the bye did you not know that they(isrealies)are the chosen ones appharently.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
I'd like to say a word in their defense.

Love the entertainment out of Hollywood.

Love the fact that they are the only democracy in the Middle East, and ironically are shaped like a thorn in the side of the countries around them.

Absolutely crazy about their inventions. Amazing.

Also, the billions we "give" them we are giving to ourselves, as the money is used to buy weapons from American countries so they can sustain their tiny democracy.

I would not like living in a World without Israel. We tried that. It was the World of World War I and World War II.

As far as the members proclaiming isolationism, that was the reason the World had WWI and WWII. Get over it, "It's a Small World After All." and we need to learn to work with our brothers and sisters around the globe toward World Peace and harmony. Divisiveness never worked. Please grow up, read some history, move forward.

The dollar we spend to help others comes back to us manyfold. Always has. We "teach a man to fish" with our dollars overseas. Ever noticed how the World is a more friendly place? As Americans, I suggest you reach around and pat yourself on the back for the good and the love you have spread around the World. We have the ability, the wealth to do this. It is our time and place. To avoid it would put the World back into hate, despair, and infighting far more than you see today.

Think of it as a World Peace Tax, if you will. Taxes are the price of a civilized society. Given the alternative, I think only the most hardened Americans would reject the good that we do in the world. Our economy will recover nicely, and lead again. In the meantime, it is not the time to drop our good policies around the globe.

What drugs are you on? America has never in it's history been more hated worldwide as it is right now.

In fact, American citizens are the most at-risk people ANYWHERE, when it comes to international tourism.

You're clearly a troll and an obvious one at that. This "we're all benevolent rich Americans" BS is sheer fantasy.

MY Country, and I say MINE because you're living in a made up dream, clearly not in reality, is suffering because of parasitic nations like Israel. True, there are other issues and countries that are soaking up MY nations money, but none of them are doing it as shamelessly as Israel is.

But please, regale us with this fantasy that America is some utopia, where everyone is filthy rich. You won't find a single real American here who will agree with you, unless you sock-puppet some more Pro-Israel horsecrap.

I may not think turning the US into an Isolationist country is the answer, but cutting off all the parasites is a start.

And LOL at all the sock-puppet Israel technology. Israel is a USELESS country. They do absolutely NOTHING for America. Nothing. Nada. Zip zero zilch. They maintain an opposition to all the other middle eastern countries, albiet with the USA completely supporting and funding their military! That's it! Nothing else! And to make it worse, they refuse to do ANYTHING the UN asks of them!

We already deal directly with the oil-rich Arab natives. Paying for Israel's party does nothing for us.

No one ever mentions it, but the Muslims there hate the US BECAUSE WE FUND ISRAEL. We unwillingly pay for Israel to continue to invade and provoke the Palestinian people.

But who allows this? The average American could care less about middle eastern politics. Jewish lobby groups have eaten away at our politicians, via bribes, scandal and worse, in order to continue this charade. No other country can be attributed to this level of greed and deception. No one else. Just Israel.

When the USA finally turns it's back on Israel, expect pre-Nazi Germany levels of tension towards all Jews.

They were expelled from other nations before. It looks like it will be happening again, soon.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
All the hate for Israel aside, to me, a simple citizen with no pretense of understanding politics, this is either one of these option:

1. A bribe for Israel to finally accept a palestinian country.
2. A loud declaration of support for Israel to keep doing what they do in Middle East, in spite of any public "disproving".
3. A way to assure Israel's support when US will start again some "democracy import" in the Middle East.

Pick your answer, or maybe all of them, but for me, all I see is the tension building up, all over; and when it will finally blow up it will be a nasty global mess.
And maybe is not too much right now to say: "America, wake up! You are owned! And as long as you're deep in debt, you're just a toy in the hands of those who own you!"
But hey! It takes two for a tango, even in the Middle East.

edit on 2-8-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Wow, the Anti Isreali thread huh?

You all may want to take a look at the amount the US gives Saudi Arabia, or Yemen, or ...... the list goes on and the dollars are in the Billions not millions.

The enemy of my enemy ( Iran) is my friend.
Duh....

Giving to Isreal is one of the few dollars i don't mind handing over.

There are a lot bigger fish to fry for this type of thread. Heck we spent that much on salamander research.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
What we really need is more public awareness on this subject, I don't think your average American is aware of how much money we give this Zionist controlled country. Enough is enough and it has to stop, there are many wealthy Jews that pressure our government into these situations, our voices need to be heard.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Great thread, as far as cutting costs for the USA sadly the "skin will be the first to go".
Even here in Canada they are taking over the Government as I type this.
Mr Harper and company just love Israel.
God help us here,
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Compared to the Bush tax cuts, the greatest single-policy contributor to the US deficit, foreign aid is peanuts anyway. That doesn't make it any better, and of course foreign aid should be cut if you can't even pay the bills at home, but it's the the final solution to fix the debt problem.

I'm saying debt problem and not spending problem because the biggest issue (as amount of $$$) are those tax cuts for the richest 1% and the tax breaks for huge corporations that don't need it...like Exxon. Even if you cut all foreign aid, it would be pretty much useless unless the rest gets fixed too.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
...and we'll continue to have our elected officials telling us they have to raise taxes and cut programs that benefit the average American. The cities and states in this country are going bankrupt yet our elected officials continue to turn a blind eye at money being wasted on costly programs that don't even benefit their own people! We're in an economic crisis and it's about time drastic measures are taken to pull in the money that is being spent on military occupations and foreign aid.

If the U.S. dollar crashes, it will be too late. The U.S. needs to get their house in order and I can't think of any better way than to stop all foreign aid, end these illegal foreign occupations, close our foreign bases and bring our troops home to defend and protect our country and its borders.

Protecting American freedom overseas makes as much sense as saying you're defending your home a thousand miles away.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
...and we'll continue to have our elected officials telling us they have to raise taxes and cut programs that benefit the average American. The cities and states in this country are going bankrupt yet our elected officials continue to turn a blind eye at money being wasted on costly programs that don't even benefit their own people! We're in an economic crisis and it's about time drastic measures are taken to pull in the money that is being spent on military occupations and foreign aid.

If the U.S. dollar crashes, it will be too late. The U.S. needs to get their house in order and I can't think of any better way than to stop all foreign aid, end these illegal foreign occupations, close our foreign bases and bring our troops home to defend and protect our country and its borders.

Protecting American freedom overseas makes as much sense as saying you're defending your home a thousand miles away.

Something people seem to ignore is the FACT that the dollar will eventually be replaced as the world's reserve currency. It makes economic sense as this crisis demonstrated, and major players (China, Russia, etc.) are pushing for it. Last time the reserve currency was replaced (Sterling), it dropped 80% in value.

Now, the dollar already crashed in my opinion. I used to pay over 2 Swiss Francs for every dollar a few years ago, I'm not paying 77 Swiss Cents....so yeah, I'd consider that a crash. Now consider another 80% devaluation, especially if the US can't get its house in order until the time comes. A few billion in foreign aid will look like child's play...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Yes...Our government needs to cease all foreign aid before cutting my 71 year old fathers only source of income that he earned over his life. Our government needs to withdrawl troops from afganistan and iraq before they reduce the disability pay going to our injured veterans. Our government needs to change our Nations military from an offensive fource to a defensive fource albiet a powerful one. Heck just having Niclear submarines with nuklear missles on them pretty much ensures our Nations Security. We will never be able to defend our Nation completely from crazed mad men and terrorists. Wont do any good to prevent the next 911 if our Nation Collapses from trying to prevent such a thing.

Wont do much to prevent the next 9/11 anyway.As i still believe it was sanctioned by the US government for whatever monatary reasons.So the SWHTF yet again when this goes tits up.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder

YOu tell me our president isn't an israeli a**kisser after watching this.............

www.youtube.com...

in fact, watch hillary clinton aipac speech, john boehner aipac speech, harry reid aipac speech, and tell me they don't kiss israels butt.......

nutandyahoo got 30 standing ovations from all of our senators and representatives in a packed house during his speech.... tell me our congress isn't israeli a**kissers now........

did anyone inspect the video from this post?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by StayAlert1
Wow, the Anti Isreali thread huh?

You all may want to take a look at the amount the US gives Saudi Arabia, or Yemen, or ...... the list goes on and the dollars are in the Billions not millions.

The enemy of my enemy ( Iran) is my friend.
Duh....

Giving to Isreal is one of the few dollars i don't mind handing over.

There are a lot bigger fish to fry for this type of thread. Heck we spent that much on salamander research.

Have you got a link for that information? I would really like to read it.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
doesn't anyone here know about the link between israel and the federal reserve? this site usually impresses me with the investigation that is put into thread topics. I'm surprised that this has been left out or ignored.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Your Post is FALSE - Israel receives $240,000,000 in Economic aid.
Go to The World Factbook - CIA and check for yourself !

www.nationsencyclopedia.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Never again, they say.

Could history repeat itself?

6 Million Jews exterminated in WWII,

USA goes bankrupt in 2012, pulls support from Israel, in about 2014, Israel is attacked about 6 Million Jews are annihilated?

Seriously, ask yourselves if Israel could exist at all as it is now without this level of US support?

Then maybe you can see why so many people see the US as a prime target for acts of terrorism.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidFed

oh yeah, check this one out.....
www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 2-8-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidFed

yeah, the cia are believers in truth and enlightenment........ha ha ha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join