It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest asteroid Vesta images showing 2 unusual craters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
They simply look like more recent impact sites, the older ones seem "weathered" and "softened".

We must wonder about the origins of these obviously new and definitely large craters. Several asteroids have given us puzzles. Perhaps there is not an ET presence on the body, but we could suppose that some of our ET benefactors may have used large explosive devices to nudge it from an earlier path that was a danger to Earth. That deed may have been done eons ago.

I'm not claiming that it is the case, only a possibility and a hint to some of you to be thinking outside of the conventional box.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I see an icy launch ramp or a low g half pipe.

edit on 8/2/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blister
Some great pics here.

I thought i'd taker a close look and whilst I am way, way short of calling it proof or indicator of any sort of ET presence, the pics do suggest further work needs to be done.

Here is a quick work-up:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/17cc622431b3.jpg[/atsimg]
I think the pic was done at 2xmagnification. It shows some strange things which I have highlighted.

Firstly, the numbers 1 thru 5 indicate strange light-toned markings with corresponding dark-toned marking - as if they were shadowed (which I do not think that is what they are, given lighting values). Could be crater chains...?

Secondly, I have highlighted the dark triangular/delta shaped patch of darkness on the lower right side of the crater rim. Is this an image artifact? What from? Any suggestions?

Cheers,
edit on 2-8-2011 by Blister because: (no reason given)

Somebody's got to say it so it might as well be me;
Where you've marked the numbers one to five looks a lot like somebody's done a really poor job with the cloning tool in photoshop

ok I don't really believe it is, but it does look like it

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
I never cease to be amazed

Just my imagination at play here

I allowed myself to make short version of author's initial post here.
g'night.
edit on 2-8-2011 by potential_problem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The "crater" is a mothership and the small black triangle is a UFO returning from a mission.

It's obvious.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
they do look like clone stomped(i know the tool is named stamp) in PS

even with the argument of being recent ones

well we would still see debris in the ground around the edges, the ground would have marks and grooves that would match up with the crater, blending it in, even if its a recent one.

especially the one on the upper right, look at the ground, look at the crater

the crater outline is just too perfect

and it doesnt match the surrounding area one bit

can anyone do a levels test on this one, check for any pixel artifacts, and see if the pixels in these two craters match scale and resolution of the pixels in the rest of the image

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Great post! I also find the image below curious. The Vesta "Snowman," I guess is what you would call a "crater chain." It's interesting how they line up large to small and just touching the other's rim.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

The pixels will always match up because any tampering would be done on the same file with the same pixel count even if something was scaled up or down. Anytime something is moved or scaled in a file it's re-imaged once the command is executed. The more you alter/scale/move pixels in a Photoshop file the pixels are again interpolated. If one repeatedly does this eventually the adjusted area would appear more blurred because the values are constantly being asked to re-image. But you wont have any indications from the pixels, they must all be the same size.

You wont find anything in the pixels of that image, it's only 600 by 460 pixels and have undergone some lossy jpeg compression. Tampering with images that small with a 12 km per pixel resolution at the most (we haven't seen yet) is quite pointless. Even larger images from the Vesta NASA site have lossy compression.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Impact craters. You guys still believe that nonsense? These are all electrical discharge excavations, as are all the planetary 'craters', even the ones on Earth. Crater chains too, I mean what are the odds of an approaching object breaking up and all the bits forming a nice straight line? Rubbish. Here is an image of Aristarchus crater on the moon:

This is taken with a UV sensitive film, which has caught a 'crater glow' in action. Lunar crater glows have been reported even before the invention of the telescope. dust is being sucked along the surface, causing the 'crater rays', and so is material from inside the rim. The dust is sucked up to great heights and then drifts back down as the electrical charge neutralises. Where do you think all the superfine Lunar dust comes from? The 'craters' are not always formed all in one go, as they will continue to be enlarged over time as electrical charge 'locks-on' periodically to the most attractive grounding site it is close to.
Then watch "The Lightning Scarred Planet Mars" video. Get with the times fellas!
edit on 2-8-2011 by GaryN because: Speeling correcshun

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It looks all most like some thing "liquid" filled in the impact craters. Is it just possible that Vesta is not a solid object but maybe a semi-liquid lump of some thing? Those are some unusual craters that much is for sure.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

*gasp* Maybe Vesta is a non-Newtonian fluid!!!

Certainly, if there's anywhere in the universe that naturally-occurring non-Newtonian fluids could form, it would be in space.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I do not even know what a non-Newtonian fluid is ( I will look it up later). I was just saying the craters look like a liquid had filled them in and an impact powerful enough to turn rock into liquid would have left a lot bigger crater and I do not beleive it would have filled in like that.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I know...I was being eccentric. 12 hours of thunder and lightning has me a little loopy.
A non-Newtonian fluid is one that's naturally liquid but turns solid under pressure...like the pressure of running on it.

I guess that would make Vesta a reverse non-Newtonian fluid... naturally solid, but liquid under pressure.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I watched a NASA press conference about Vesta this morning. It seems Vesta also has mysterious grooves in it, just like Phobos does. Surprised someone hasn't claimed Vesta is also a spaceship too.

They did seem absolutely baffled by the mysterious craters mentioned in this thread and what could be causing the dark stripes down the walls. Hopefully we will find out more when Dawn gets closer in September.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Charizard

Hopefully we will find out more when Dawn gets closer in September.

If it does not have some "mysterious and unexplained malfunction"

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Don't worry about that, it's not a Russian probe. Most of NASA's probes outlive their mission plan, and expected power supply and lifespan. I'm more interested in the asteroid Ceres, the largest one expected to be as much as 25% water or water ice.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Don`t panic...Hoaglands onto it

theunexplained.tv...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
cool pics,

space barnacles!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Funny you guys mention that, I thought perhaps another civilization deflecting it from their planet.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join