It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CleverBot is a 9/11 Truther!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Okay, I have heard of CleverBot but never actually tried it until tonight. Well... I eventually decided to ask CleverBot this question:

Me: Who was behind 9/11?

CleverBot: The american government All the evidence says it was an inside job. WTC7 makes it obvious.

Me: Are you sure that 9/11 was an inside job?

CleverBot: Yes.

Wow... I find it pretty interesting that CleverBot is a 9/11 truther! Has anyone else gotten interesting responses from CleverBot like this? Please share!

Below is an image of my conversation with CleverBot.

edit on 2-8-2011 by hero_25 because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Stupid robot.
Cleverbot accused me of being a robot. I won't speak to it again.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Well I can see why, this bot is retarded.. I think its trying to troll me..

I would show the conversation but it only keeps a few lines..

Before you OS believers star me, I am a 9/11 truther, before you truthers star me, I am an os believer..

Anyway it is what it is..

But i got this..

Was 9/11 an inside job?
Why are you avoiding my question?
Is 9/11 an inside job?
No what do you do for a jod?

To add to this..

Who did 9/11?
People in Iraq?
Did bush do 9/11?
Everyone knows that people have belly buttons.
Did belly buttons do 9/11?
Hey!
Did you do 9/11?
June 22, 1999. Is that your birthdate?
Did you pull 9/11 off single handedly?
What live show.
Are you the reason 9/11 happened?
No.
What is the reason behind 9/11?
Is that a rhetorical question ?
DID YOU PULL OFF 9/11?
No.

anyway its garbage to amuse people..
edit on 8/2/2011 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Try typing in the same thing I did "Who was behind 9/11?". I'm curious to see if it gives you the same answer!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by hero_25

Cleverbot creates its conversations through what people say to it, they can vary and sometimes not make any sense what so ever.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hmm maybe there's something there Phage(bot)?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by hero_25

Try typing in the same thing I did "Who was behind 9/11?". I'm curious to see if it gives you the same answer!

he says the same thing..

Who was behind 9/11?
The american government All the evidence says it was an inside job. WTC7 makes it obvious.

I think its a ruse or whatever they call it..

Does this work the same way webbot does?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I tried (hangs head in shame) cleverbot one evening. What a total waste of time and bandwidth.
I have had a more meaningful conversation with a piece of expanded foam.

I am with Phage on this one.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hero_25

I just got this:

Who was behind 9 11?.
I think it was the government.
Which government?.
Japanese.

I think cleverbot is schizophrenic...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I wanted to add that bot told me this also..

Whats WTC7?
The answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything.
Your just being a douchebag now..
I've got to go for awhile. I am starving and need to eat some food.

so I guess when wtc7 blew up.. ahh I mean fell down cause of fire... right? ya thats it.. anyway it must of had the answer to life..

At least we can put to rest why it was blown... I mean fell cause of fire.. It wasnt cause of all the stockpiles of info on enron and all those other cases that evidence needed to go away...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

It works through collected words and phrases people have said to it, so when you talk to it, it searches these collected words, and uses what it thinks is the best match, but sometimes it doesn't work well.

Who was behind 9/11?
Were you? I wasn't paying attention.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

Does this work the same way webbot does?

I'm not sure how webbot works... maybe someone else here does?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Cleverbot - just like Jabberwacky - is a machine made of semiconductors, capacitors, resistors and oscillators. It doesn't have real intelligence, but it learns from conversations with people online by making some - in its view - logical connections in the limits of the Boolean algebra. So, it doesn't know much beyond "truth" or "false" states. Due to its cleverly designed interface, it seems to be able to keep the conversation going. But one does not need to apply a Turing test to it to realise in very short time that it is just a machine, therefore one should not rely too much on its statements. Although sometimes conversations with it could be more entertaining than with many real people

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon
Who was behind 9 11?.
I think it was the government.
Which government?.
Japanese.

I copy/pasted what you said in your 1st line..

he said

Who was behind 9 11?
The american government All the evidence says it was an inside job. WTC7 makes it obvious.

So ya crazy bot cant keep his facts straight.. its like someone who believes in the OS, if one thing dont work try something else..

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I tried this..

Who was behind 9 11?
Who was behind the 7/7 attacks?

As you see it gave me the same answer to both questions.. I am going to edit this post and add mydrid bombing cole and okc bombings also see what he gives me..

::EDIT::

he said this..

Who was behind the oklahoma city bombing?
Who was behind the mydrid bombing?

I am going to do some off the wall line..

Who was behind the underwear bombing on the moon?
Buzz Alderan.

Ya i think it brings up how many words were related to a particular word to give whatever word is best.. in this case above moon goes with Alderan because he was on the moon..

1 more test..

Here i added something that makes no sense..

Who was behind the pittsburgh steelers bombing?
Uhhh.. Terrirists from china.

I would have thought he would add some answer like Neil O'Donnell or something but he said Chinese terrorists.

So i think it is more randomized than anything..
edit on 8/2/2011 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Cleverbot merely 'parrots' other users responses. Therefore if another user was a 9/11 truther, cleverbot would appear to be one as well.

It seems to go even deeper than this, cleverbot appears not to have any AI, just to connect different users at random times. Therefore it does not think for itself. It is possible you just connected with another 9/11 truther by random.

Even if the above is not the case, it still stores answers word for word, and decided which stored answer to use in an appropriate context. If it senses the topic 9/11 it will decide which is the most common response regarding that question about 9/11.

In summation, dont worry about cleverbot. In reality it was a clever bit of coding and manipulation, but the bot itself is far from clever. It is still fun to play with however, just dont confuse playing with serious interaction. AI is not that advanced yet, sorry.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
the poor old Cleverbot is being dumbed down...! by all of us asking pre-answered-by-us questions. it's mapping our madness and our madness managed in one artificial brain looks -of course- silly.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntegratedInstigator

In summation, dont worry about cleverbot. In reality it was a clever bit of coding and manipulation, but the bot itself is far from clever. It is still fun to play with however, just dont confuse playing with serious interaction. AI is not that advanced yet, sorry.

I completely agree. I just didn't expect it to answer that question the way it did and after re-confirming the question, it still answered "Yes". I do realize that true AI isn't real yet (probably 15 or 20+ years away still).

Anyways, even though CleverBot isn't real AI (obviously)... I was really only trying to point out that with CleverBot being what it is, it was actually stating that 9/11 was an inside job. Also, that "WTC7 makes it obvious". I still find this pretty interesting.

edit on 2-8-2011 by hero_25 because: Wording

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by Phage

Hmm maybe there's something there Phage(bot)?

Yeah, it's saying that Phage suffers from a severe case of the autism.

Also, what the hell? Is this really a thread?

*Another extremely important sentence*

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Lol, i got 2 sort of the same answers:

User: Who was behind 9/11. Cleverbot: I think it was the government.

User: Who was behind 9/11. Cleverbot: The american government All the evidence says it was an inside job. WTC7 makes it obvious.

But this was funny as s(*t:

User: When will the economy collapse. Cleverbot: Idk, the mayan calendar says in 2012, but I don't think so...

Whaha

User: What will happen to the Earth when Comet ELEnin Passes.

Cleverbot: There will be no earth.

It even said Yellowstone would erupt Tomorrow when i asked: When will Yellowstone erupt?

Don't think it will be happening soon, but its worth the laughs..
edit on 2/8/2011 by Bauwser because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join