It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

maybe our thoughts could be sent and received like wireless technology soon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
just a thought, perhaps it is like telepathy...

I was just thinking today about thoughts...I mean we can hear our own thoughts in our mind but what if we could send them wirelessly? OR if a person could tap into our thoughts...

OMG wait a minute.. I have a wireless phone call coming into my brain right now!!!

na only joking....

I guess it what I am trying to explain or question is telepathy...

OMG I suffer from tourettes thoughts most days hahahahahah (how do I shut that down??)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Well we are capable of this

here

it's still tethered to a machine, but I'm pretty sure (cant prove it though) that it's very possible to send thoughts wirelessly, hell some have proposed that in less than 100 years we will have the ability to upload our minds into storage.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

oh beejeebus... I hope not... I might have to go and spend some thought shouting time/therapy in a cupboard somewhere (somewhere soundproof) so no one will know what I am thinking!!!!!!

Just to think, our thoughts may not be private!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by Thurisaz

Monkey controls robot using thoughts

oh wow.... I was being silly before but just reading that...it maybe possible soon. Perhaps all we will need is a little electrode inserted into our brain or near the brain that sends out brain waves!!!

umbelievable.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
At a recent private meeting I was part of with the Serious Games Institute, connected to my research; many examples were shown of mind controlled devices.

One particular presentation showed the development from controlling 3D objects on the screen, to thinking text onto the screen, to controlling physical machines using the same processes. They were “telling” machines to start and stop, raising mechanical arms, and “willing” mechanical claws to open and shut, using only their minds.

It was still fairly rudimentary, but the fact we could do it at all astounded me. It was interesting hearing them talk about it, because they likened it to willpower. Those with better concentration and strong "wills" achieved better in their tests, and you could see this in the examples they showed.

One such example had a vertical mechanical track, and the test required them to raise an object against gravity. When one of the participants was distracted, the weight dropped. Some people could do it smoothly, and some examples showed wavering.

Very interesting, and before long, you will be able to practically “think” to each other over the web. I was fascinated.

edit on 2-8-2011 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Here's a mind control game from the 2009 CES convention.
youtu.be...
edit on 2-8-2011 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The time when everyone will be able to hear and feel each others thoughts will be time misunderstandings and anger among humans will cease to exist. It's logical, when you think about it. The cause of anger and war is because of emotional misunderstandings, there is only so much we can convey through language while there is wide range of emotions and thoughts a human can have. Universal telepathy would mean everyone would be able to feel what anyone else is feeling and compromises would be reached effortlessly.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Yes, it is called the collective consciousness. It is real and if/when you can tune in you will feel the collective thoughts.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Have to say, I agree with the others. It might already be possible.

Example: you think of someone you haven't heard from in ages, and they call at the same time. "I was just thinking about you!" Or my favorite...noone comes to visit in forever, but one day they all show up!

edit on 2-8-2011 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Huh, this all reminds me of that StarTtrek babe, Seven of Nine I think her name was. The one with the Borg implant. She was always on about the "Collective", or something like that.

In reality I think the USAF already has pilots using thoughts to fly craft - not sure if that is merely in simulators or real aircraft though.

For me, I see the eventual networking of individual minds via physical hardware as a great evolutionary step we as a species are destined to make. Imagine the possibilities: we could travel across the universe as mere data experiencing anything and everything we could imagine with all our senses. Okay, they would be synthetic percepts (i.e. we would exist only as data in the network) but the massive increase in computing powers would allow us to follow our dreams, literally.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
Have to say, I agree with the others. It might already be possible.

Example: you think of someone you haven't heard from in ages, and they call at the same time. "I was just thinking about you!" Or my favorite...noone comes to visit in forever, but one day they all show up!

I agree... that has happened to me before!

Maybe we are unconcious to it though?

new topics

top topics

join