It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debt BIll is a TROJAN HORSE!!!! RED ALERT!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Wish the tea baggers would go back to your mobile homes and stay there....you got what you wanted and didn't pass a clean debt ceiling bill..so this is YOUR FAULT!

p.s. You may come back out of your trailers if Ron Paul wins the nom next November to vote for him..
edit on 2-8-2011 by Stovokor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I think this is what we should really be scared of:

(2) MOTION TO PROCEED.—Notwithstanding
22 Rule XXII of the Standing Rules of the Senate, it
23 is in order, not later than 2 days of session after the
24 date on which a joint committee bill is reported or
25 discharged from all committees to which it was re-

1 ferred, for the majority leader of the Senate or the
2 majority leader’s designee to move to proceed to the
3 consideration of the joint committee bill. It shall also
4 be in order for any Member of the Senate to move
5 to proceed to the consideration of the joint com-
6 mittee bill at any time after the conclusion of such
7 2-day period. A motion to proceed is in order even
8 though a previous motion to the same effect has
9 been disagreed to. All points of order against the
10 motion to proceed to the joint committee bill are
11 waived. The motion to proceed is not debatable. The
12 motion is not subject to a motion to postpone. A mo-
13 tion to reconsider the vote by which the motion is
14 agreed to or disagreed to shall not be in order. If
15 a motion to proceed to the consideration of the joint
16 committee bill is agreed to, the joint committee bill
17 shall remain the unfinished business until disposed
18 of.

rules.house.gov..., pages 65-66

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is saying that once the joint committee's report reaches the Senate, two days after it is reviewed it can be brought to be voted upon. However, once it is brought to the floor to be voted upon, it cannot be postponed, reconsidered or amended. So a minority can force the bill to move forward even though the majority is not comfortable with it.

The way I see it, this bill will make it easier to force the Senate to vote upon things before they can completely evaluate them. It reminds me of one of the bailouts that was hundreds of pages in length, and then most of the congresspeople admitted they didn't even read the entire thing before they were forced to vote on it. Regardless, I think that most of DC doesn't read half of the stuff that they vote upon anyway ... so maybe now they are just getting more excuses to get paid for doing no work.

HOWEVER, the bill also says that the joint committee shall be terminated on January 31, 2012. Hopefully they actually get rid of this 'super congress' on that date, but most likely everyone will forget that little nugget of information and this "super congress" will stick around much like the IRS did after its supposed 'termination date'.

We can only wait and see what they actually do with this committee.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
at least provide the source from the bill itself or something.
is this just speculation?

No, it's a Glenn Beck talking point, spoon fed to the uber-gullible.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Originally posted by vjr1113
at least provide the source from the bill itself or something.
is this just speculation?

No, it's a Glenn Beck talking point, spoon fed to the uber-gullible.

There's already is a link to the bill, and from reading it , it looks as bad as the OP has said. The only uber-gullible here are the paid Trolls like yourself, you have only to flick back through your previous posts to see what you are.

edit on 2-8-2011 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
To the ignorant doubters and trolls: WAKE UP!!! I've read the Bill. It is posted online if you know how to use Google - READ IT! This "Congressional Commitee" heretofore referred as the "Super Congress" has near dictatorial powers over ALL lawmaking moving forward and basically de-claws the full House and Senate turning them into nothing more than rubber stamps when necessary and easily swept aside when attempting to obstruct. There are no specified limits to their power - if you find them, show me. I've read the entire thing and see no limits on their legislative authority. This is AUTHORITARIANISM! We have lost millions of American lives abroad defending other nations against it and the stupid masses are embracing it here!

But go ahead... grab another Pabst, order Domino's and throw yourself in front of Dancing With the Stars... because we all now that the government NEVER abuses any legislative increases of their authority, right!?

May God help us all!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
We have lost millions of American lives abroad defending other nations against it and the stupid masses are embracing it here!

May God help us all!!!

I understand you're upset but that is really no reason to abjectly lie. "Millions"of American lives, huh. You really need to spring for another $2.00 calculator. The total combat war dead in every conflict the U.S. has ever been in, including those here like the civil war, , is 845,000 - less than 1 million. WW I was 63,114. WW II was291,557. Korea was 53,686. Vietnam was 47,424.
Exaggeration depreciates the message.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

Thanks... or whatever... you get the point I think.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
I like how people take a computer term for malware, and plug it into real life society. I guess that means our government will slowly crash. So when will the virus take effect?

The "trojan horse" phrase has been around for a lot longer than the internet.

The elites have more power than the people can fight against. The war was lost before it ever begun.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I believe you are right there sir. Even so I had a chuckle when I saw your comment

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Stovokor

Technically, it is All of Americas fault for supporting the government's actions. Rather than Sitting around playing the blame game, a better idea would be to do something about it

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TaxpayersUnleashed

This is just the dems and GOP way of removing any influence and/or interference that the Tea Party might bring.

ETA: apologies, this has been stated previously.

edit on 3-8-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Not surprising most of what they do now days is outside of thier constitutional authority anyways. I am more curious when the flip the American people as whole will decide they have gone to far... Maybe when they ban football or beer the people will finally revolt...

edit on 2-8-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

The American people won't revolt. Didn't you see all the comments? What's interesting is that those commenting who were demanding links or it didn't happen and assuring us that the Super Congress won't do anything wrong....with the implication that anyone who thinks so is into conspiracy is jaw dropping. I was hoping to read this thread and gain some insight from intelligent, informed and thoughtful people. What I discovered is that despite my total lack of interest in politics, I"M better informed than most of those in this section of ATS. Sigh. Are you kidding me? I hope these are paid for comments, instead of actual thoughts from real people. Very depressing! I'll stay off politics at this site. It's not my fave and there isn't much insight coming from anyone. Thanks, OP. Nice post. Be careful or you'll wake the dead!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
mmm did we ever had power?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I really pity you guys regarding this - The debt ceiling just seems to be getting higher and higher, with no sign of it stopping!

We in the UK have had our fair share of financial woes over the last few years, and I hope that our Governmental Apes are doing the right thing, by the gargantuan number of spending cuts and tax increases they have imposed in order to bring it in order.

As I have seen from a number of members on here - simply increasing the debt ceiling is only going to kick the ball further down the street, and delay the inevitable, unless something pretty drastic is done immediately!

Problem is, as soon as something drastic is performed, by way of tax increases and reducing the public sector jobs / wages etc, the general population are always the first to complain. Vicious circle!

I wish you all the best though, and hope all works out!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Undertough

yeah all those evil rich folk build all the things they use.

Um...what?

and going after people AMERICANS when we all know they government keeps spending without a regard to anyone but them and then keep nickle and diming them til there comes a point where they cease to exist.

Huh?

with a countries population of over 310 million people and the non stop attack on them that has left this country with only 9 million of them.

Where is the part that makes any sense at all.

i would say the war on the rich has been successful cant find a job? cant get a loan? thats why.

All the rich people left the country? I am pretty sure that is not true. This is pretty far off topic anyway. Beg me to pay more in taxes so that the price of things you buy stays low for you in another thread I guess.

This whole super-congress turns out to be a big win for the Republicans and they still cannot be happy.
edit on 3-8-2011 by Undertough because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by 4nsicphd

Thanks... or whatever... you get the point I think.

Yeah, the point being that some people can't even try to make a legitimate point without lying, which absolutely delegitimizes the point.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I don't understand the super congress. Does regular congress vote on their bills or not? Please cite a reliable source that confirms there is no vote in congress.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed
this bill creates the super congress, that nullify voting power of the congress.
It gives 6 dems and 6 repubs and the president.Dictator control over the bill writing process.
If the house and congress don't pass the bill presented by the super congress, The 13 panel group can pass laws at will.We must fight this.

No amendments can be added to the Super Congress bills.They can meet in secret and discus the bill behind closed doors so much for transparency.

Red alert everyone they are taking your constitutional powers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is unconstitutional

I'm thinking if the Republicans/Tea Party take control of the House, Senate & the White House
in 2012 then we could repeal the -debt deal- just signed by Obama.
We could then -immediately- pass Cut, Cap & Balance 2.0. It's the one where 5 democrats
voted for it in the House.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

This is just the dems and GOP way of removing any influence and/or interference that the Tea Party might bring.

ETA: apologies, this has been stated previously.

edit on 3-8-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

It appears that the hoity-toity, cocktail swilling, Washington DC elitists have struck again
but i think the Tea Party will make the -debt deal- bill null & void in 2012.
Long live Cut, Cap & Balance. Tabled for now but we have found the solution.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

don't forget zero baseline budgeting.
www.govtrack.us...

edit on 3-8-2011 by Scoriada because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join