It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Categorized Event in Argentina showing up on RSOE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Non-Categorized Event in Argentina showing up on RSOE

hisz.rsoe.hu

EDIS Number: UEV-20110614-31145-ARG
Event type: Non-categorized event
Date/Time: Tuesday, 14 June, 2011 at 08:10 (08:10 AM) UTC
Last update: ---
Cause of event: Puyehue volcano eruption
Damage level: Extreme
Geographic information
Continent: South-America
County / State: MultiStates (Patagonian region)
Area: Provinces of Rio Negro, Neuquén and Chubut
City:
Coordinate: S 40° 44.066, W 66° 37.059
Number of affected people / Humanities loss
Foreign people: Affected is unknown.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Just saw this right now, first time posting so i hope i got this in the right place. These things show up all the time but never, never at extreme (5/full bars). And this is just hours ago.

Can someone help me figure this one out? the sign shows volcanic event, so perhaps that is it.
i will do more searching immediately

Peace

hisz.rsoe.hu
(visit the link for the full news article)

ETA: If you have never used this site before, then scroll down the list to Argentina in short-time events.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Amassuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It says 14th of June?
Am I missing something?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

No, this is when the volcanic eruption began occuring, it seems to be firing up right now. Infact the whole globe is firing up, Oh my god, earthquakes around 5 mag happening frequently (scroll down on RSOE), something could be going down, keep your eyes open guys.

i watch RSOE hourly, this wasnt here a couple of hours ago

edit on 2-8-2011 by Amassuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Amassuo

Damage level "extreme"?

I hope everyone down there is alright

ETA:
Click on the "details" tab. Just a bunch of ash. Devastating ash, but ash just the same.
edit on 2-8-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I love watching reply's when people discover all these neat internet tools that give them access to information. They suddenly think the world is falling apart.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Hahaha.
The first time I saw RSOE EDIS I about had a panic attack

link   
click on event description.

Argentina’s authorities have declared an agricultural emergency in the Patagonian region after ashes from Chile’s Puyehue volcano caused severe losses for many farmers. Airports and some roads remained blocked while cleaning projects were underway in the provinces of Río Negro, Neuquén and Chubut, the story reported. Executive secretary of Agriculture Emergency and Disaster Haroldo Lebed, announced the state of emergency after several fruit producers and sheep farmers warned of serious damages. Lebed plans to meet with producers from the three provinces at 11am today and has pledged the government will help affected farmers with national funds. "The phenomenon is tremendous in terms of the economic impact it causes – it is impossible to gauge the damage,” he was quoted as saying. Website Lmcipoletti.com.ar reported aid of between 10 million and 15 million pesos (US$2.45 million to US$3.68 million) would be given to the affected farmers. In terms of the fruit industry the region is most known for its pear, apple and grape production.

link   
reply to post by Amassuo

Does no-one read the description:

Argentina’s authorities have declared an agricultural emergency in the Patagonian region after ashes from Chile’s Puyehue volcano caused severe losses for many farmers. Airports and some roads remained blocked while cleaning projects were underway in the provinces of Río Negro, Neuquén and Chubut, the story reported. Executive secretary of Agriculture Emergency and Disaster Haroldo Lebed, announced the state of emergency after several fruit producers and sheep farmers warned of serious damages. Lebed plans to meet with producers from the three provinces at 11am today and has pledged the government will help affected farmers with national funds. "The phenomenon is tremendous in terms of the economic impact it causes – it is impossible to gauge the damage,” he was quoted as saying. Website Lmcipoletti.com.ar reported aid of between 10 million and 15 million pesos (US$2.45 million to US$3.68 million) would be given to the affected farmers. In terms of the fruit industry the region is most known for its pear, apple and grape production.

edit on 2-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Amassuo

Oh, OK, thanks for clearing that up!
Well, then it must be something substantial for an extreme damage level.

ETA: It's ash damage.
edit on 2-8-2011 by CodyOutlaw because: (no reason given)

link   
my appollogies, perhaps RSOE is being slow and bad. this did indeed happen in june 17ish

www.cbc.ca...

ETA: Ashe damage indeed. sorry >.

link   
gee talk about your sour GRAPES guys,,

its an update
edit on 2-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The volcanic eruption is Argentina came out on the news quite a while ago! It caused a lot of people to have to evacuate.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
A quick and simple thing to do when you feel there is vital information regarding a disaster that you would like to share is simply pick up the phone and make a call to the area's emergency service and ask.

For a couple of bucks you can have real-time information. The internet is not the most reliable source of information.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
alright thanks!

for those who are still interested, heres a video of earth taken from space of said eruption, looks pretty neat.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
And dont forget too visit the "VOLCANO watch" on ATS,, where u can see a real member, video ,of live fallout from Etna,,,which would be the same type of thing ,,, all over there grapes,, etc..,,

common mods close this would ya its just too old,,,
edit on 2-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

i shall remember to use the search next time

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
The first time I saw RSOE EDIS I about had a panic attack

Its kind of weird the things they decide to put there on that site.
Last week they had a BIOLOGICAL HAZARD in Australia.
But reading the description, it was just that police had used capsicum spray to arrest one person.

And of course the "volcano eruption" sourced from Duchy's youtube video.

And I see that three people dying in Swaziland is worthy of mention as an EPIDEMIC HAZARD, yet thousands dying in Somalia doesnt rate any mention whatsoever.

But a non-fatal car crash in Massachusetts does indeed rate as being worthy to announce to the world.

Oh, EPIDEMIC HAZARD in Fiji. There is a rubella outbreak with 3 reported cases in the greater Suva area,

For me, its hard to take it seriously.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

From what I understand, it's a sort of self-reporting cooperative. Some are just not even blips on the radar though you know? For some of the posts I see on there, if everyone were to report these events, there would be no map. Just a rainbow of icons lol.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm here! I'm here! The sky is falling in! The sky is falling in!
I'm late. Did i miss something?
Wait...What?

edit on 2-8-2011 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join