It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wait a tic?! Why didn't Al Gore speak out against BP regarding the Gulf?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Hi Everybody !
*listens for "hi Dr Lyn" *
lol Simpsons spoof

But down to business. Before I go any further, i did do a little searching to see that Al Gore has in fact "spoke out" a little bit regarding it, but not much considering his vehement passion for environmentalism.

Recently, we had an announcement that, "Since BP's well is now 'Capped', BP is no longer responsible for cleanup or damages for the Gulf oil spill." I'm not going to bother posting a link to this decision since this decision should already be known by most of this board. If you do not know, it won't be hard to find.

We saw Al speak out a little bit after the spill, but not one bit recently and not one bit regarding the aforementioned decision.

Given Al's "passion" for environmentalism, there isn't a peep from him lately. He's still speaking out on "Man-made Global Warming", but not a peep regarding the oil spill after his "required" amount of "outrage" (i use alot of Quotation marks, but it fits lol)

Not only that, but you would think he would be leading the charge to ram the bill back up BP's throat like it should be, as they knew all the risks when opening that well and is refusing to actually pick up the oil that they made fall to the floor with "corexit", which is a pun in its own.

The gulf will never be the same but , wait, OH, they are making record profits just like every oil company does after massive blows to its "infrastructure".

Take Katrina for example, tons of refineries completely destroyed after the hurricane, gas reaching ridiculous prices, even record highs for the first time in many state's histories, yet they post record profits and not record revenues. Profits go towards rebuilding, and they just raked in cash on the whole ordeal instead of rebuilding and LUCKILY breaking even.

Oh don't investigate BP's ties to the manufacturers of Corexit, they didn't just pay themselves to "clean up" the oil spill.

Nothing to see here. Hey! American Idol or (insert random dumb distraction show here) is on, lets stop this depressing news and turn on some phonies.

Long rant short, this is just business as usual. Corruption wins as they sweep away their deeds under the rug of replaced news and history, and make money while doing it.

Lets here it for the new BP well in the Gulf! YAY!

end sarcasm lol

edit on 2-8-2011 by Lynexon because: trimming

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynexon

It's unrelated to carbon, therefore he stands to make no money from it.

Of course all political players are working towards the same end. Good ol' Uncle Al doesn't really give a damn.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
he can't make millions off that disaster

too local.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Al Gore's thing is global warming not necessarily the environment.

Not much he could have added anyways.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
yep global warming and conning people out of money is his thing

bp whole different animal because hey bp makes that thing his private jet run on

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynexon

He did, actually.

More than once.

While I was googling those, I noticed a whole heck of a lot of right-wing sites claiming "lololol algore say nothing abt oil spill lolololol ELL OH ELL!!!!!!!!"

Why is that, I wonder?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynexon

Probably because daddy Gore Sr. was in business with Armon Hammer, an admitted communist, and president of Occidental Petroleum, and earth saving Al owns a few hundred thousand shares of OP stock. Go figure.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
He was busy looking for manbearpig

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I'll give you a reason other then the obvious "global warmer" rhetoric (Hellow fellow QM'er). Mr Gore is a statist, has been from birth, just look at who his father was. He has an undying loyalty to statism as it is the way to global-ism. The government is just as responsible for the spill as BP. It was government regulations, hammered out by government paid environmental scientists that wouldn't allow BP to drill at 500 feet but forced to at 5000 feet. At 500 feet that well would have been capped within days. It is the government that had restrictions on liability, thus allowing insurance companies to take the risk since the profit outweighs the liability. No insurance company ran for the purpose of making a profit would insure a well like that if they had to accept 100% responsibility for damages. So Mr Gore is remaing silent because to come out would expose his hypocrisy even more.
edit on 2-8-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
If you have any doubt about Al Gore's true motive's, how about the fact
that Al Gore received $529 million in stimulus money to build a luxury car
manufacturing plant.....IN FINLAND. So it's no surprise he's not upset
about BP and the Gulf debacle. The man definitely has an agenda... to
line his pockets.

top topics

join