It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knife Guys & Gals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
What is your next knife Purchase?

Mine is the Spyderso Caly3.5. I already have the caly 3 but the extra .5 inch blade and larger g10 scales are a callin.Sick, sick, sick knife. Probably top 3 non custom knives for edc.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d4e6ee53cf8f.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 8/3/2011 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

I'm partial to semi-serrated. The USAF survival knife, aka "pilot's knife" is what I really want. I trained with this knife in SERE school and it handled everything. Just wish I could find the "official" name of it...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Next knife: LMF II in Black

Current knife:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
why does it have to be knife GUYS?

my favorite that i own is a Smith & Wesson SWAT combo edge that my son found under a bench at Six Flags and gave to me. it's not all fancy shmancy or anything, but i love it.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
My next knife purchase will be an Ontario Knife Company RAK(ranger assault knife). I want one with a straight edge as sharpening serrations is tedious. I would also prefer one with the black paracord grip.

images.outdoorpros.com...
edit on 2-8-2011 by wiandiii because: for spelling

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Check YouTube or Google image, bet you can find it. :Up;

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Gerber LMF awesome survival combat type knife. There was a writeup by a soldier in action a couple years ago that was an amazing read. Trying to find it now. He had to cut through 220volt lines with the knife to kill some lights for his troops.....thanks to the glass filled handle.

edit: found it warriortimes.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by highpriestess
why does it have to be knife GUYS?

You are right...I should have said men.
j/k didn't mean to leave you out.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wiandiii

I'm not familiar with that knife. I loved the stuff they created with R.A.T. though....now called ESEE. Check them out.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

ha! i was laughing when i saw the change in the title of the thread before i even SAW your post. thanks, man!

So, do you guys mostly collect/have knives for survival type purposes (useful purposes) or do any of you collect knives that are really pretty much not intended to be used, but rather kind of novelty-ish... you know... just for looks?

I have some really cool throwing knives... and not the cheap flea market/convenience store ones either... but i have NO idea how to throw knives. i would love to learn how.... provided i don't take out the cat, dog, my car tires, etc. in the process.
being a woman the thing that concerns me about knives, even though i own several and have a "thing" for them and i ALWAYS carry one, i know that in order for me to use one to protect myself, my perpetrator would have to be pretty darn close to me - and there's no guarantee i couldn't be overpowered and have my own blade taken from and used against me. i like to think i'm a pretty touch chick, and for the most part I am... but... i also know full well that i am no match for a man in a hand to hand situation. however.... if i could throw with some sort of accuaracy - i would be awesome!

edit on 3-8-2011 by highpriestess because: own, not won. i never won a thing in my life. lol

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
You should get some pepper spray. A knife fight is the last thing I'd ever want to do. Slashing cuts won't take a person down very quickly maybe 3-4 min. Stabbing will if your knife is 4in in length, anything shorter won't reach. Nasty conversation I know but you need to think about it. I'd run like Carl Lewis before getting into a knife fight. Lol

I collect knives....good and unfortunately expensive knives. Most my collection consists of folders, largest being my 4ingh benchmade 710.....3.5 inch is what I find most useful in the edc roll without having the public run screaming because you want to cut an orange.

top topics

join