It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We The Stupid (A harsh look at the debt ceiling bill)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Ann Barnhardt wrote this. I think she said it very well.

I stand here in abject stupefaction. The so-called "right" or "Tea Party" in this republic is being so thoroughly rolled and defeated that I am struggling to come up with an adequate violent submission metaphor that does not involve prison rape . . . and they honesty think that they're "winning." Really? You call this winning?

•- Obama gets over $2 Trillion to spend before the 2012 election
•- There are no real spending cuts
•- There is a massive tax increase effective January 1, 2013
Obama is going to be handed something in excess of $2 Trillion -- and he has made it perfectly clear that he will spend every penny of it before the November 2012 election. That's why he kept saying, " . . . so we don't have to do this again", meaning raise the debt ceiling again. The debt ceiling would only need to be raised if all of the money had been spent. Therefore, he has stated very clearly that he will spend every penny of any debt ceiling increase. He is going to burn through $2 Trillion-plus in the next sixteen months. This was the Obama regime's plan from day one. Geithner appeared before Congress in early May and told them this in no uncertain terms. This outcome has been a known quantity all along.

There are no spending cuts in this plan. It is all accounting fraud. Saying that you are not going to spend money in Afghanistan ten years from now is not spending cuts. Even if you accept the $1 Trillion in cuts over ten years propaganda, that is only $100 Billion per year, which is essentially meaningless relative to the size of the problem. Furthermore, even a miniscule uptick in interest rates, which given the massive debasement of our currency is now a mathematical certainty, will completely consume that $100 Billion per year. It's all a joke.

Oh, wait! There is more.

Have you also forgotten the so-called "Bush tax cuts"? Yeah. Those rates are going to expire on January 1, 2013. Obama will presumably still be occupying the Oval Office at that time assuming that he is not forcibly removed or that the Republic is still intact at that time. Taxes will increase significantly at that point, and the Congressional Budget Office has scored everything put before them given the fact of the massive tax increases on 1/1/2013. Do you understand that? When these Republicans and even these so-called "Tea Party Freshmen" tell you that there are no tax hikes in their "plan," they are consciously, willfully, knowingly lying to you through their teeth.

And still more. . . . .

The Obama regime is not a failure. The Obama regime is not incompetent. The Obama regime has achieved more in two and a half years than anyone could have possibly foreseen. It has debased the currency by 50% of the GDP and guaranteed that our economy will collapse. It has looted the Treasury for more than the size of a top-ten economy and embezzled that wealth into the hands of their fellow Marxists in preparation for the final collapse of the United States. It has ground the economy of the United States to a screeching halt. It has destabilized the entire Muslim world and ensured that there will be a nuclear war centered around Israel within the decade.

The Obama regime has no interest whatsoever in "stimulus" or "getting folks back to work." How can you not understand this? How can we possibly win this war if we refuse to come to terms with the fact that we are in fact fighting a war.

God save the United States of America, because the people are far too stupid to do it themselves.

Full article here

This may be just another persons opinion, but I find it very accurate and articulate and to the point.
Enjoy the read and have a great day/night where ever you may be living.
Beez

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hmm. Thought I'd at least get hate mail from the progs.
2nd

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Shackling future generations with monstrous debt and liabilities is the exact same thing as selling them into tax slavery. Somehow selling our children into debt/tax slavery is a more acceptable outcome than having to deal with the harsh reality of the present situation. We will be worn down by taxes until we are dependent and helpless.That is how I see it.

I'm not going to blame one party over the other or call people names. I will offer a solution.

If a thousand honest men were not to pay their tax this year, that would not be a violent and bloody measure, as it would be to pay them, and enable the state to commit violence and shed innocent blood. This is, in fact, the only definition of a peaceable revolution, if any such is possible.

As for adopting the ways of the State has provided for remedying the evil, I know not of such ways. They take too much time, and a man's life will be gone. Statesmen and legislators, standing so completely within the institution, never distinctly and nakedly behold it. They speak of moving society, but have no resting-place without it.

When I meet a government which says to me, "Your money or your life, " why should I be in haste to give it my money? The state is not armed with superior wit or honesty, but with superior physical strength. I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest. But we love better to talk about it: that we say is our mission. Thus men will lie on their backs, talking about the fall of man, and never make an effort to get up. -Henry Thoreau, Concord, 1849

Let us all endeavor not to lend ourselves to the wrongs which we condemn. Hoping and wishing that DC will be responsible with our money and the well being of our posterity is frivolous. They have proven they cannot be responsible! If we really demand responsibility, then it begins with your wallet and mine; Not in DC. You won't even have to get off your couch. It's really quite simple.

The legacy of Democrats and Republicans approaches: Libertarianism by bankruptcy.
edit on 2-8-2011 by METACOMET because: sp

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
well for starters, I didn't read her article / blatherings. IMHO, for what it's worth; there ain't much worse than a female tea partier. phew! can we say "bitter"? (eg. Ginny Thomas / the female caucasian companion to the unholy, dishonorable Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas) bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch ........... one thing is true; nobody bitches quite as well as a female teabagger. almost makes me feel sorry for the male baggers. I said almost.
edit on 2-8-2011 by LooksLikeWeMadeIt because: added mo

edit on 2-8-2011 by LooksLikeWeMadeIt because: mo mo more

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

Emotions are much easier than logic, aren't they? The party "you" believe in tells you exactly what you want to hear. It's a positive feedback loop, and it takes hardly any energy to get into it. After that, it becomes the group mentality. I'm right and everyone else is wrong. Arguments devolve into little more than self-justification and childish name calling.

Good luck with that

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
the ameircan people lost and yes there will be tax increases and many more to come

all that hatred for millionaires and billionaires hey guess your wish was granted and heres what it means:

all those jets and yachts americans wont be building them and any component there in yep everything from the jet fuel to the avoinics and circuitry translates into millions of lost revenue and millions more who make that money off them and so forth.

yep yep that suffering middle classs (those people who use to work buidling and maintaining them) are left hanging in the wind.

are you glad obama was looking out for you?

and there come those big oil subsidies which means now? hey guess what they us will be importing more oil that will cost more.

classic good government. hey i was all wrong obama sure cares about us little people
'

i have to laugh at this stupidity its the only thing any of us can do.

really what can we do? hip hip hoorah for the classwarfare stupidity.

saw a bumper sticker yesterday and it is the only war obama is winning is the one on the middle class.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

wow i feel really sad for america after reading that
and what was that why they voted for this? i guess they couldn't pass on to form a Super Congress.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt
well for starters, I didn't read her article / blatherings. IMHO, for what it's worth; there ain't much worse than a female tea partier. phew! can we say "bitter"? (eg. Ginny Thomas / the female caucasian companion to the unholy, dishonorable Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas) bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch ........... one thing is true; nobody bitches quite as well as a female teabagger. almost makes me feel sorry for the male baggers. I said almost.
edit on 2-8-2011 by LooksLikeWeMadeIt because: added mo

edit on 2-8-2011 by LooksLikeWeMadeIt because: mo mo more

Just for you, I hope Palin (or Bachmann) becomes president and gets her face on the new Tea Party Dollar.
(I'll send you one for your anti-seizure medicine.)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Why January 2013?
Now I would NEVER vote for anyone that pushed some hard thing to right when he leaves office - because he knows he's going to be leaving office as a one term president, obviously, OR he knows that if he gets a 2nd term, he won't care any longer.

I hope he doesn't get a 2nd term. I hope very few of them do, to be honest, no matter what the party.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Why January 2013?
Now I would NEVER vote for anyone that pushed some hard thing to right when he leaves office - because he knows he's going to be leaving office as a one term president, obviously, OR he knows that if he gets a 2nd term, he won't care any longer.

I hope he doesn't get a 2nd term. I hope very few of them do, to be honest, no matter what the party.

Once this bill gets known, too many republicans are going to get the boot. And for reason! Dems? Not so much, it's what they do.

new topics

top topics

join