It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The European Witch Hunts Were a Holocaust Against Women

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloculaen.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
Not directly, but when the Church of England broke with the Papacy in 1534, only laws deemed sufficiently different were changed.
They lost a great opportunity to show that they were different from the Catholics, I guess they really weren't that different.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Was the Pope also responsible for that?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by bloculaen.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

That's one more case of one person going too far, even some of people on his side were against the way things were done.

PS: please do not use ALL CAPS on your posts, read this.

5) Most of all, do not use ALL CAPS in posts and thread titles.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
one-evil.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

one-evil.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP
The piece I quoted said that James was interested in Protestant theology concerning witchcraft.

The overall problem is people wanting absolute control over the life and death of other people. The Papacy had that. A large element of the Protestant reformation was nationalistic desire of monarchs to have that control in their own realms rather than sharing it with the Papacy. National churches serving the national monarchs was the result.

Freedom of religion is the only way for any type of justice.

edit on 20-8-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
heres a link that everyone should read and understand...webwitness.org.au... ...it is the truth and it is horrible and absolutely stunning...
edit on 20-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

How can you say that these specific numbers are true? First of all, they are presented as estimates, with a lower and a higher value, so they cannot be considered definitive values, just estimates, and if they are estimates then it means that the people behind those numbers couldn't get values that they considered true.

For example, the 30 years war, besides being a war between two factions and, by definition, cannot be considered as actions of just one of the factions, one estimate is between 7 and 12 millions (Wikipedia says 8 millions), for, as far as I understand it, from both sides, so it cannot be presented in the same way as the direct victims of persecution.

And I didn't saw the 100 year war listed as a cause of depopulation.

I think that there's no way of knowing how many people died, so believing some numbers instead of others is just a question of what we are inclined to believe.

PS: it may be possible to get a good idea of how many people died directly from persecution from the Catholic Church because they were (and are) very good at keeping records, we just have to find them.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

heres a link that everyone should read and understand...webwitness.org.au... ...it is the truth and it is horrible and absolutely stunning...
edit on 20-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)
thanx for your comment... i put up the link to show the severity of the whole sinister situation that swept across europe for hundreds of years...no one knows how many died in ww1 or ww2 either, just estimates. but theres no doubting that huge numbers of innocent people were demonized,hunted down,tortured and killed in the most hideous ways imaginable...www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
edit on 21-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join