It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The European Witch Hunts Were a Holocaust Against Women

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
www.gendercide.org... to 75% of people accused and killed as witches were women...many thousands upon thousands of women young and old were singled out,hunted and tracked down,harrased,terrorized and raped and to shut them up the perpetrators accused them of being witches! tens of thousands of women including little kids were raped tortured and burned at the stake and the families of the victims were actually made to pay for the amount of wood that was used! and if they couldnt pay it was off to the torture dungeons and burning stakes for the entire family! this is horrible in the extreme and it was all started by a papal bull issued in the 1400s by the psychotic pope innocent the VIII !!! and carried out by the church hired demented witch finders and evil judges and enforced by holy roman troops...in one town in france in the middle ages over 2,000 people,mostle women,were burned alive simultaneously!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
www.gendercide.org... to 75% of people accused and killed as witches were women...many thousands upon thousands of women young and old were singled out,hunted and tracked down,harrased,terrorized and raped and to shut them up the perpetrators accused them of being witches! tens of thousands of women including little kids were raped tortured and burned at the stake and the families of the victims were actually made to pay for the amount of wood that was used! and if they couldnt pay it was off to the torture dungeons and burning stakes for the entire family! this is horrible in the extreme and it was all started by a papal bull issued in the 1400s by the psychotic pope innocent the VIII !!! and carried out by the church hired demented witch finders and evil judges and enforced by holy roman troops...in one town in france in the middle ages over 2,000 people,mostle women,were burned alive simultaneously!
www.gendercide.org...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

it's called sexism and stupidity, it still exists today, but not in as great numbers of death, but this time not with women, but other types of people.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
as usual ,my first attempt at a link never seems to work correctly, this link ^^^ above does.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yes it was certainly a dark time among earth's history but there were also other such events that caused alot of deaths throughout history. Not sure why your upset about something that happened so long ago and is easily eclipsed by many other barbaric events of the time.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I think this is part and parcel of some of the worst humanity has to offer. These type of genocidal rampages have happened and will probably continue to happen, throughout history. I don't think we can blame religion, or certain cultures or just men (plenty of women have lit bonfires too)- it's been nearly everywhere. Think of purges based on ethnicity, politics, or just being different. I think we can fight and prevent repeats by looking out for people that try to divide us and demonize others. Once that bandwagon is jumped upon, the 'solutions' get progressively worse. Once we start to forget that rational good people can disagree vehemently on how to live, vote, worship & love it becomes easier and easier to disrespect their basic humanity. A steady diet of negativity and frustration makes it harder to think and discern truth, plus it's much easier.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
but these witch hunts were started by a POPE !!!...and the accused and killed victims properties were confiscated by the church...the same popes that are worshipped by millions to this very day....we as a race have been hypnotized and blinded by evil sinister powers...no doubt about it.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I believe there has been alot of things started by the Pope that caused far more deaths than this.

The Church is not known for having a history of being nice.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Reply to post by kro32

uh...

the inquisition
the spanish in south america lol
the cruzades

around that age any women who did not abide by what the clergy dictated was pretty much viable to wich acusation

but eh they had to keep the peasents entertained right

europe is built on supersticion and spilled blood

everywhere i walk theres a square or plaza where people were burnt hanged, tortured.

the biggest social event of those days

all in the name of the good lord

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
And we think modern times are bad.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Churches, like governments, are run by human beings- so no surprise as to the horrible and wonderful things they are both capable of. Also, like governments, church leaders are not worshipped and most are not elected (only in a precious few countries on this earth). The heinous acts committed by so called religious people do not call for a different standard of judgement than for heinous acts of the non-religious.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
how could these people in the middle ages go down town to celebrate another hanging or burning of a witch?knowing all the while that anyone of them in the cheering crowd could be next!...total DENIAL or what!?!?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The Witch Hunt was perfectly explainable as the natural outcome for what happens with power when men who hate women, don't like sex with women, hate children, are disconnected from society get a significant amount of control.

There are groups dancing on the edge of this paradigm today.

It isn't that people can't learn from history, but they sure do their darnest no to.
edit on 2011/8/1 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
That was just part of the story if Iam not mistaken. The witch hunts were started by the vatican, yes and the hunts were indeed centered on women but for a specific reason. To hunt down and distroy a newly popular religion at the time, the Wicca. Ok, I'm doing this from memory so pardon the shaky details. Here we go. The wicca were a religion that taught an equilibrium with mother nature. The used herbs and roots for medicine just like their ancestors but their knowledge was far more advanced dew to the teachings and the upkeep of knowledge. But they were pretty much "feminists" for a lack of a better word. For the Wicca, men were hunters and made to breed while they taught their daughters to heal and take care of familly...they wore the pants in the house. Due to a rise in popularity, the vatican felt threaten so it ordered their exterminaton. It goes deeper than that but this is pretty much it.

www.xploreheartlinks.com...
edit on 1-8-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
see it was all about raping women then shutting them up by accusing them of being witches and killing them and it was also about good old $$$ because their proprty was confiscated by the church! things havent changed today,only the tactics have,"getting rid of the undesireable elements of society",all because they dont have $$$,today if someone poor steals a $500 dollar item from a store, they will be put in a cage,i mean a prison! but if the ceo of the same large company embezzles 50 million dollars they wont do any hard time!...unfortunately we are living in a fallen world.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

It isn't bull crap as you so elegantly put it. Check out the link I added to my original post reply.

Have a goog evening.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
Reply to post by kro32

uh...

the inquisition
the spanish in south america lol
the cruzades

around that age any women who did not abide by what the clergy dictated was pretty much viable to wich acusation

but eh they had to keep the peasents entertained right

europe is built on supersticion and spilled blood

everywhere i walk theres a square or plaza where people were burnt hanged, tortured.

the biggest social event of those days

all in the name of the good lord

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

yeah and TB was regarded as cool too, along with getting guillotined in the french revolution.

to the op;

the popes and church had much more power then.

you think that would fly now?

don't forget there was a lot of weird stuff going down back then.

the wheat rot which is like '___' and just plain ignorance.

i suppose some were "honor killings" just that they blamed it on being a witch.

cool thread as a history lesson.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by Aeons

It isn't bull crap as you so elegantly put it. Check out the link I added to my original post reply.

Have a goog evening.

It is bull carp. Complete bull. Top to bottom, and whoever told you on this load of bull is a stinking liar.

Now, go to Google Scholar (so that you don't have to go anywhere further than your mouse, like the library or something) and type in something like "malleus maleficarum" and read the numerous discussion papers about this period of time.

If there is some Wiccan lying to you this way, they are a child or a charlatan who deserves a punch in the mouth. Please feel free to go find some of the writings done by many well known Wiccans on this matter, and most if not all of them will NOT agree with this load of tripe. So even Wiccans will not agree with this ridiculous story.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
see it was all about raping women then shutting them up by accusing them of being witches and killing them and it was also about good old $$$ because their proprty was confiscated by the church! things havent changed today,only the tactics have,"getting rid of the undesireable elements of society",all because they dont have $$$,today if someone poor steals a $500 dollar item from a store, they will be put in a cage,i mean a prison! but if the ceo of the same large company embezzles 50 million dollars they wont do any hard time!...unfortunately we are living in a fallen world.

back then, what property did women own to make it profitable for the church to do that?

unless you were a Medici or someone like that, you would be immune from that anyway.

i'm not aware of any of these class of people getting bbq'd.
edit on 1-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join