It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am very disturbed because of something I saw on a Movie....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I understand and respect your view, but child actors involved in sex abuse movie scenes is probably one of the tiniest minorities in danger of the Earth...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

There are laws that protect these children while they are on set. Many of the children never get to see the movies they act in. They play a scene at a time. They dont need the details to act a line at a time. They dont need a story line to act. Years ago Linda Blair, who played the little girl in the exorcist said she had no idea what the movie she was making was about> Even the crucifix scene. She was stabbing the bed but the editing made it look like something else. Dont worry, these children are protected.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I agree with the OP 100%

IMO....If a movie is rated R, if kids shouldnt watch it then the kids shouldnt be acting in those movies either....

Its simple to say "if you dont like it then dont watch it" but sometimes you watch a movie and have no idea whats about to happen, especially scenes like that. I havent watched the butterfly effect in some years but remember that scene clearly, I was so disturbed and uncomfortable!

To me it doesnt matter how safe those children are when filming those scenes, if I wanted to put my 10 year old daughter in acting, damn sure it wouldnt be those kinds of roles, she should have nothing to do with that at her age, it's just not right!

It's amazing what some parents will do for a quick buck. Reminds me of those shows where they stage a fake casting/modeling call for kids and the "staff" asks parents things like are they willing to lighten their kids skin color or dye hair or wear something provocative, pisses me off how these parents are quick to say yes!!!

And my last thought, these kids that act out these scenes, they may not understand what they are doing but I wouldnt doubt some begged their parents to see the movie afterwards and were probably shocked or just affected in some kind of way to see themselves in that kind of position. Also remember OP, not everyone here has children, some might be insensitive and genuinely dont see a problem with these kinds of things, which is sad.

To the people that commented on this thread, dont see a problem with this, and have children, let me ask you...

Would you let your child be involved with this if asked for the right amount?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

We went through this same examination of conscious when Brooke Shield's mother allowed her to be in the movie Pretty Baby. Parents still have some rights over their children and can raise them as they see fit and is acceptable. To me there is little difference between sexuality and exposure to other negative or violent influences like animal slaughter, racism and bigotry. Exposing a child to any of these can screw them up too. And yet none of it is against the law or considered abusive.

I have seen kids in films that were worse than that. Children already know a lot more about sex than you give them credit for. People forget they are human and these are entirely huiman impulses. They are not too young to understand some of the intricacies and reasons why "sex" and even overt sexuality should remain private and between consenting adults.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Originally posted by Johnny76
On virgin media catchup service we have to enter a pin number to watch Gavin and Stacey episodes and yet the kids can freely watch Family Guy, Two Pints, Coming of Age and other strong adult themed material. Pointless!

absurd isn't it.

I went to the video store to get a new release and the majority of new releases were all violent. Needless to say, I didn't rent any of them.

What is going on?

The movie where Nicole Kidman was having an affair of some sort with a kid that claimed to be her dead ex husband reincarnated was disgusting. I used to think she was a good actress...not any more.

What's going on is that people like you have forced warnings on to the backs of all films that really don't need to be there. A parent in a film could smack his child on the hand and they'd be a "scenes of violence" warning on the back of the cover... Why? Because of reactionary people like you who live to whinge and whine about every little thing. Most films are not violent or crude, but have to carry such warnings because of over-reactionary prudes like yourself who want to police the world.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Why do you keep posting? I honestly think there is something mentally wrong with you.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

take a chill pill!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
DONT WATCH THAT CRAP! VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS!

Plain and simple if you do and then complain about it, that is stupidity on your part!
There are many movies I no longer support, Horror being at the top of this list because of the crimes against children & women. If there is a scene in the movie you disagree with WALK OUT! I DO! Demand your money back!

Hollywood will not stop making indecent movies as long as people pay to see them.

Support better films or rent classics. Someday maybe they will make better films again but I wouldn’t count on it...

edit on 2-8-2011 by abeverage because: spelling

edit on 2-8-2011 by abeverage because: spelling

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Folks...its a movie. Its make-believe. And any kids involved in these movies know EXACTLY what they're getting into. Long before they ever shoot a scene,theres meetings with producers and directors and the other actors and-as required by law-the kids parents. Then they all talk it to death before they rehearse it a few dozen times.By the time they actually shoot the scene,its old hat and everyone involved is tired of it and ready to move onto the next thing. Trust me...if you ever saw a kid getting raped/abused in a Hollywood movie,I can guarantee the only thing the kid was likely thinking about was how good this was going to be for their career and what they were having for lunch after the scene. Stuff like this is SUPPOSED to shock and horrify the audience....for the people involved-even the little ones-its just a business.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The ?
Folks...its a movie. Its make-believe.

Actually there are many accounts of abuse in Hollywood and several parents of these children only see or are interested in the money being made, then the welfare of their child. In what has become a media cult culture and misqoute a song "It's all about the money money money"... Look at the headlines if you want proof with Miley Cyrus or Lindsey Lohan these are huge examples of "stars" who are messed up from this, there is much more abuse to the extras or "B" actors too.

But even if it is "pretend" why are we such a sick society to want to pay to watch this sort of abuse? Does it enhance the story to have it shown? Are there more creative ways to express this tragedy? Why support this or indulge in this sort of soul crushing expriences?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Now if a person at home set up a camera and said, "right kids, we are making a movie so take off your clothes or play a game" THAT IS AGAINST THE LAW!!! and yet here we see MOVIE Producers do the same thing and we don't see a problem with it???

Except the kids aren't actually being forced into anything. And camera tricks are used in situations, sometimes they aren't even present when the adult actor is speaking.

Big difference compared to Father McLeod playing that game with kids after Sunday school finishes...

He didnt say anything about forcing them to do it

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

my 11 year old is tall, thin, long red hair (with gold highlights) and she has had at least 5 industry types tell me to get her into modeling or acting

ummm no

With all your parental power don't let her do it. I became involved with modeling and acting when I was 13 and quit when I was 18. It really is a nasty meat market industry even when your only a kid. As soon as I became of legal age that's when things got really sleazy which is why I finally quit. Unfortunatly I didn't tell my parents until later since at the time they seemed to be so proud of me and sadly I didn't want to disappoint them. Really turns my stomach to think what some of these kids might be experiecing in these types of industries and at that age they're just too nieve to understand.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
...in this case, movies are being used to validate those who suffocate their children intellectually... in other cases, that ilk does the same with video games, music, non-prudish fashion and books (remember the fits over harry potter?)...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I suppose they could dress up people under 5ft?

Children actors aren't stupid, but by the sounds of it, you think they are.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Most people's parents fight. Which means most children saw such things long before they knew what sex drugs and violence were.

Blame the 60s.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
As for the comment "ZOMG THE KIDS WERE SMOKING," I am at this moment puffing on a cherry flavored completely nicotine free electronic cigarette. This "e-cig" uses water vapor to simulate smoke. You wouldn't be able to tell this wasn't a real cigarette without being up close and paying close attention. Not everything you see is necessarily what is really there.

(I'm more addicted to the actions associated w/ smoking than the nicotine)

There are many tricks to getting around situations such as smoking. Just to rehash some previous posts: there are so many things that happen in the filming process. Pick a movie. I'll throw Lord of the Rings out there. Pick up the DVD and watch the behind the scenes stuff. It's amazing, the visual tricks that can be used in film, it can floor some people.

I am one of those people who is, yes, watching the movie and enjoying the plot but also critiquing and pondering how these movies are made. There is much more going on in filming than the average person realizes. Why do you think it takes MONTHS to create a 2 hour movie?

Another good behind the scenes to watch would be Sin City. There's a scene with Jessica Alba and That Yellow Bastard. Jessica Alba is nowhere near the other actor. They are not even in the same room but on camera they are face to face. Magic? No, just visual effects.
edit on 2-8-2011 by angrymomma because: (no reason given)

Last edit >.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yes but its "Art" So all is ok. Im not sure whats worse that these things happen or that some people have these thoughts in thier head before they make the movie.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
wow. just wow. satanic agenda? really?!? *shakes head*

you know... after reading this thread, it has become abundantly clear to me why the classic writings of Mark Twain are being censored and rewritten for today's generation, instead of left in their original form (which is how they should be!)

so, what do you people propose? do we light our torches and run through the village ripping Redboxes apart, taking all the evil, satanic DVDs, piling them up and setting them on fire?!? and then we should locate all the child actors' parents and burn them at the stake.

you know what... while we are at it, i think that football, basketball, soccer, and baseball are wayyyyyy toooo dangerous for children. i just CANNOT believe the absurdity of the parents who allow their children to take these unnecessary chances that their children may get hurt. i mean, they allow them to be in situations that are potentially dangerous. why is this NOT illegal?!? we need to do something about this. we need another three-letter abbreviated government agency to regulate this!

and girls scouts? come ON! why on earth are these parents allowing these little girls to stand outside of grocery stores and sell cookies to complete strangers?! don't you know that anyone of these "cookie buyers" could be some creep in a windowless van?! plus what does this teach these little girls about standing on the curb selling stuff? they may get the wrong idea and grow to be prostitutes! we need cookie police!!!

etc., etc., etc. just sayin.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Yes of course the "media," you know that big building where every single person who ever worked for the media or ever wrote a t.v. show or ever wrote a movie goes to conspire together to make everybody "evil?" You know that place, right? Hopefully by this point a lot of you will begin to realize how ignorant and actually just how stupid you sound.

I can't even begin to think of what to say in my reply to this thread. This thread, and most threads on ats, are full of fuuuuuuuu! This place is ridiculous. I give up.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
i havent been here long but, theres alot of people getting disturbed by some movie or some youtube video!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join