It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Defense Cuts after August 2011 Budget vote.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
So in light of the 2011 August Budget vote, which US weapons system will see the Ax?

Any suggestions (F35, V22, ?).

Or do you think the military-industrial complex will manage to force the cut anywhere else in defense without touching the hardware?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PopeyeFAFL

There are no security/military budget cuts in the bill that just passed. In fact they actually increase spending by 2 billion annually. It doesn't have a line itemization of what money goes where, but it specifically says 684 billion for 2012, and 686 for 2013.
edit on 8/1/2011 by SpaDe_ because: .........

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
They won't stop spending, far out have you not learned anything. Doesnt matter what a piece of paper says, it's why they increased the debt ceiling. So they can keep spending. If anyone was serious about saving money, you would have done something about it. Obama and US politics it's all they are about, they aren't doing for the people, they are doing it to keep the rich richer. If anything they will spend more money than before on defense and military that's how it usually goes.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that the military budget will get a cut, the area's that will get cuts will be such areas as welfare, health care, public transport, maintenance and so on.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I want to create a new thread asking about this, but i have less than 20 posts, so I'll post this question here:

Anyone else think this is weird:
www.cbsnews.com...

claims that the "debt limit bill passed with 269-161."

Only bill that passed with those numbers is "S. 365: An original bill to make a technical amendment to the Education Sciences Reform Act of 2002":

www.govtrack.us...

Where is the Full Text of the debt limit bill?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptographrix
I want to create a new thread asking about this, but i have less than 20 posts, so I'll post this question here:

Anyone else think this is weird:
www.cbsnews.com...

claims that the "debt limit bill passed with 269-161."

Only bill that passed with those numbers is "S. 365: An original bill to make a technical amendment to the Education Sciences Reform Act of 2002":

www.govtrack.us...

Where is the Full Text of the debt limit bill?

It is here. I know they voted on some other things after they passed the debt ceiling bill. I guess they could have not posted it or posted the wrong one?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PopeyeFAFL

Well I'm not so sure cancelling any weapon system unless proven unreliable is the elephant in the room.
I am more concerned with the accountability and tracking of expenses. There is no audit procedure.
In fact, they claim it will take more than a decade, and they will require even more funding to do so.

It is impossible to have accountability without any records or oversight.
All screw ups are swept under the cloak of National Security.

Think of a large black mass where they throw dollars into a dark smokey smouldering pit.
Get the picture? S&F

You all may have seen this before, but maybe not. Pentagon cannot account for $2.3 Trillion

Youtube link :

www.youtube.com...

Oh yeah, and this too even though not military, this is where the money they burn is printed.

Link: www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-8-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Add in content/link

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Ok, that's also weird - S-/what number/?

(I totally get that govtrack.us isn't an instant thing, but still...what links from "Budget Control Act of 2011" on www.govtrack.us... is the PASSAGE on July 29 of it, and actually links to www.govtrack.us... )

The "Faster FOIA Act"....with the same fulltext....wtf.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It's all a Soros/Obama conspiracy to print more money you dont have, NWO destroying US dollar to crash global economy to entice a one world currency. that's the big picture, secondly US aid to foreign countries is out of control, countries depend on this aid and he needed to be able to print money to pay these countries that sadly rely on your tax money to survive in today's global environment. Thirdly your tax isn't being spent to pay these countries or pay the debt off, income tax is barely paying the interest on the money printed. sadly these has now continued with the passing of the latest bill and no one in America cares that you're now going to print more money you can't pay off. So funny, to watch all this occur without a whisper. I can't believe your all believing that there is no way the US could continue if they didn't raise the debt ceiling, that's the biggest lie of all. you would have survived just fine if your leaders had this as their main concern but they don't. You see you stop the 2.8 billion dollars a day on wars that you don't need to be in, the million dollars patriot missiles you keep dropping on third world countries, also if you drill your own oil and also tax the rich. You might get somewhere. Tax china on business in USA and on imports 20%. the list of ways to fix it are endless, yet you are all fed fear of collapse. couldn't be anymore dumbed down as a race, seriously wake up. I wonder why you let them feed you absolute BS. Superjoke, haha.

what I don't understand is how they are allowed to raise it with the numbers associated with US debt, if I had the same numbers of debt, there is no way a bank would give me more money, they would advise me to get my house in order too, which is all a downgrade on credit rating would have done. This would of put focus on reducing debt to get the rating back. Figured it out for f's sake.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Here are some options the CBO is suggesting for the military.

Introduce Minimum Out-of-Pocket Requirements Under TRICARE For Life

Cap Increases in Military Basic Pay

Increase Medical Cost Sharing for Military Retirees Who Are Not Yet Eligible for Medicare

Limit the TRICARE Benefit for Military Retirees and Their Dependents

Increase Cost Sharing for Pharmaceuticals Under TRICARE

Consolidate the Department of Defense’s Retail Activities and Provide a Grocery Allowance to Service Members

End Enrollment in VA Medical Care for Veterans in Priority Groups

Replace the Joint Strike Fighter Program with F-16s and F/A-18s 86

Cancel the Navy and Marine Corps’ Joint Strike Fighters and Replace Those Aircraft with F/A-18E/Fs 88

Cut the Number of Aircraft Carriers to 10 and the Number of Navy Air Wings to 9

Cancel the Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle

Delay Fielding of the Army’s Ground Combat Vehicle

Terminate the Medium Extended Air Defense System Program

Terminate the Precision Tracking Space System Program 97

www.cbo.gov...

The CBO issues Congress a yearly report on ways to reduce the deficit. This year they offered 105 options that could reduce or in some circumstances increase the deficit.

Really should be its own thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Your right on target, and we would be grateful if you could take the time to create a thread concerning
this topic.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
They are serious about any cuts to the military.

That would end Lockheed/Martins octopus strangle hold on the military complex.

There are so many duplicated programs in all branches of the military and the government.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Yes they had better cut the budget instead of telling people that they won't get pensions that they have been paying for all their lives

$2.5 bn spent each day on fighting phony war for zionists

Haliburton get to charge tax payers $10.00 for an elastic band and then hide the cost behind national security.

edit on 2-8-2011 by Master_007 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join