It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frank/Paul bill would end Cannabis prohibition by feds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
"Marijuana laws should be set at the state, not federal, level, Reps. Ron Paul and Barney Frank argued in a bill they introduced Thursday"

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Since I am not sure if discussion is allowed on this I am just posting the info for those to read themselves and decipher the T&C or get an answer from a mod about the subject. I have asked two mods and gotten nothing so it is up to you to decide to post or not and how.
seed
Edit to add this is relevant as it is a direct challenge to the conspiracy which started the WOD in the first place and a recognition of an over reaching federal government
edit on 1-8-2011 by mustard seed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mustard seed

It's a sad state of affairs when propaganda has become so ingrained in culture that one is not even allowed to discuss the merits and politics of certain laws on a conspiracy theory website.

Especially laws related to one of the biggest conspiracies of all time.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrinkYourDrug
reply to post by mustard seed

It's a sad state of affairs when propaganda has become so ingrained in culture that one is not even allowed to discuss the merits and politics of certain laws on a conspiracy theory website.

Especially laws related to one of the biggest conspiracies of all time.

You don't have to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'd say the staff has eased up on threads that deal with this subject as long as it is presented in a mature manner...but that's never stopped the asinine from chiming in with personal stories that get it shut down.

So, let's keep it righteous and I'm sure the OP well stay the course...

On Topic:

Of course it should be at the state level, but common sense seems to reside at the community level...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Not sure of the exact wording but it would seem like a direct challenge to the legitimacy of the CSA which ,to me, is a direct circumventing of the 9th and 10th. It also brings to the fore that the Fed corp has been doing states rights dirt on other levels besides drug control. While this bill is about addressing the inherent wrong of Cannabis prohibition, it opens many doors to the collusion of the fed corp with pharma and the prison-industry that will not just shut if this bill is given voice.
The very root of this is why does the fed corp demand such draconian control of what is basically a harmless herb?
The Frank/Paul bill will certainly beg these questions answered, which may be the death of it before it gets heard. The issue cannot be defended rationally or scientifically so it is un-heard and un-spoken so no defense is needed and the absurdity exposed. This is a concerted and cohesive effort by media and politicians. This of course brings back the original question of why so much fuss over a harmless herb? Has certain information about it's health benefits been held back until they could be profited from? Just what is it about this one plant that makes it necessary that two "outside mainsteam" politicians must be the ones who voice what 16 states have already said? Hopefully if this bill is heard these questions will get answers.
seed

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Very fitting that 2 of the most kookiest members of Congress get together on a Marijuana bill.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Very fitting that 2 of the most kookiest members of Congress get together on a Marijuana bill.

More like very fitting that over 25% of the states are getting representation in Washington and where it comes from is a sign of how out of touch our leaders are with the will of the people. That 25% of this country can decide an issue and then be marginalized and largely silenced on it without representation is the travesty.
seed

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This bill will never be passed because too many people make money from it being illegal. I talked to a law enforcement official once and he told me that the real reason law enforcement is opposed to pot being legalised is because if it was legalised, law enforcement funding would be cut back and many law enforcement officers would lose their jobs.

The prohibition on marijuana is definitely a conspiracy. It makes absolutely no sense at all that alcohol is legal for recreational use and pot is not. Alcohol is by far the more destructive substance, yet it remains legal even though it destroys lives. As far as I see, the only problem with pot, is that it isn't legal.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
You have to look at why it was criminalized in the first place: to protect timber investments and provide a method of control of minorities.

All laws shold have a sunset clause that demends review after x years to ascertian if they are still relevant, if the resons they were passed in the first place were sound, and whether they were worth enforcing. If it failed two out of three, it is automatically decertified as law. If it failed one it would require repassage by a new vote.

The period in which those laws were passed birthed a lot of bad law bad people have used for bad purposes ever since.

Perhaps the folks who passed them were wrong?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
An interesting bed fellow in the debate. George Soros and why he supports Marijuana legalization

Our marijuana laws are clearly doing more harm than good. The criminalization of marijuana did not prevent marijuana from becoming the most widely used illegal substance in the United States and many other countries. But it did result in extensive costs and negative consequences.

Law enforcement agencies today spend many billions of taxpayer dollars annually trying to enforce this unenforceable prohibition. The roughly 750,000 arrests they make each year for possession of small amounts of marijuana represent more than 40% of all drug arrests.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

All Soros interest says to me is he is at odds with and not profiting from the prison-industrial system so is trying to create a profit paradigm from the opposition using the most obvious non-crime that people are incarcerated for.Substance use ,in particular Cannabis.I would suspect a long range plane on his part to profit greatly from all of this. That said he IS on the right side of this issue no matter his motives
seed

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
This bill will never be passed because too many people make money from it being illegal. I talked to a law enforcement official once and he told me that the real reason law enforcement is opposed to pot being legalised is because if it was legalised, law enforcement funding would be cut back and many law enforcement officers would lose their jobs.

The prohibition on marijuana is definitely a conspiracy. It makes absolutely no sense at all that alcohol is legal for recreational use and pot is not. Alcohol is by far the more destructive substance, yet it remains legal even though it destroys lives. As far as I see, the only problem with pot, is that it isn't legal.

The War on Drugs, really a war on people(Timothy Leary) has probably cost the
people of the USA about 2 TWO TRILLION dollars.

Perhaps 3/4 of all people in US prisons are there for drug related crimes 1.5 million, and if legalized
1/2 of all LEOs could be FIRED.

new topics

top topics

join