It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... are you happy now?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Last time i checked it still has to go through the senate to finally pass.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Yeah that bill is just fluff to prevent a man made "disaster" anyhow. It really does not protect the US from receiving a lower credit rating, so when/if it does what will be the "safe" thing to invest in? People will be screwed who are "lowering their risk" on mutual funds, 401ks, etc. because US bonds were always considered safe. Well that may no longer be the case, and they could possibly lose money in their, once considered, "safe" investments.

I tell you what the youth in this country are inheriting one big mess that they didn't create nor deserve, so that some people can sit cozy in DC and get reelected.
edit on 2-8-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
I'm sure this outcome pleases the billionaires of ATS and the rest of the USA.

i throw up my hands in disgust with us politics at the moment. wheres the smiley for that?

www.amazon.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The most important thing is that the financial institutions will be getting paid.

They actually had to go give out warnings to the newer members of congress, who weren't yet aware of who actually runs the show in D.C, and went as far as to use the threat of downgrade to ensure that they understood how things would be going down.

Do not be mistaken, this has gone exactly according to plan... the transfer of your tax dollars to the hands of the multi-billionaire corporations and financial institutions.

Heck, they already got $16 trillion from you (and tried to keep it all secret!) what's a few more trillion here and there?
Source- "FED Audit"

The important thing in all of this is that they get the cash and you get the bill!

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to take out a loan where you pocket the capital AND the interest, while signing the guy down the street into the contractual obligation of being the creditor?

the Billmeister

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Obama to Become 'Führer', Like Hitler Did on August 2 if Debt Deal Passes!!

www.youtube.com...

larouchepac.com...

larouchepac.com...

QEIII and the Fate of Mankind

larouchepac.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm not happy. I'm ashamed of these so called grown people, professionals, for crissakes, acting like two year olds throwing tantrums because they're not getting their way. Every person who signed Grover's tax vow is an absolute idiot who should be disbarred, disowned, and disposed of. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know you don't sign deals you cannot logically back. Then again, most of these self serving disloyal overpaid stuffed shirts have cheated on taxes, cheated on rent, cheated on their voters, and on their spouses. Suddenly they act as if one signature has a knife to their collective throats? What the hell? I call Bullsh!t on this one, boys an girls. Those of us who are not teabaggers need to collect ourselves once more and try to restore some sort of honor and integrity to this system. If the lobbyists are being bullies, we need to put them in their place. If the corporations are getting more than their fair share, we need to know who they are and then shame them into doing the right thing by withholding our hard earned cash from their coffers. This madness didn't happen overnight, nor will it be corrected in the like amount of time, but we still must, MUST take action both as individuals and as a country to bring some sort of sanity to our leaders, one way or another.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Amen! So endeth the sermon. The American populous continues on its merry lemming way while the scourge that Washington has become continues to bleed us like a lamb at slaughter.

1. Talk to everyone you know vote them out.
2. If the person you vote for gets in send them a list of your demands and tlet them know if they don't do the job they will be gone too.
3. Get everyone you know to do the same thing.
4. Turn off the TV and read up on them before you vote, know who owns them first, where did they get their campaign money.

Short list for demands:
1. Term limits on Senate and House - no more retirement
2. Elimination of special perks - you ge the same stuff we Average Joes get, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.
3. Cut, cut and more cuts - send the power back to the states with some equitable guidelines.
4. Pull back our Military everywhere and shut down foreign bases.
5. Cut all foreign aid, no body is helping us!
6. Get out of the little man's pocket - Flat national sales tax
7. Balanced budget amendment to the constitution - we all have to live within our means.
8. Live the consitution alone, aka - get out of my bedroom, leave my guns alone, stop legistalating stupidity.
9. Move social programs to re0education programs and get people to work with a little help. You no work, you no eat!
10. Fix immigration for people who want to work! If the lazy asses in this country won't do the job, let the guy in that will.

Just my rant. Sick of this crap! If Obama gets re-elected I am moving to a new country. (JK - love it to much but will be heart broken)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Well at least the Tea Party's agenda has finally been made crystal clear.

They don't want to fix or shrink government, they want to burn it to the ground along with the middle and lower classes trapped inside. Right now we have a "Lunocracy" a government being held hostage by lunatics, but the end game is destruction with the exception of corporations and the wealthiest 2%...Plutocracy.

I will be there come election time next year along with the "silent" majority of America who spends there days working there ass off to support thier family as opposed to those happily plotting the destruction of the middle class.

The TP failed EVERYONE. Excessive concessions were not enough. Economists and the markets opinions? Who cares. Middle class? The poor? Ef em. Just don't cut military spending or talk about the Trillions the 2 wars have cost us. Don't let the Bush era tax cuts expire on the wealthiest. Don't mess with the billions in tax payer money given to Big Oil despite their Billions in profits. Don't close corporate loop-holes. Mess with those wealthy interests and we will crash your wounded economy!!!!
Big efen corrupt babies that should not be allowed to drive cars, let alone govern a people.

Dems are not exempt, but as assinine as they are, they appear like adults when they stand beside the GOP and TP.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
No real progress towards reducing the deficit has been made. It's all a show.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join