It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why oh why do some many on ATS fight against logical explanation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm a fifteen year old girl and for the record; some of these explanations I hear are full of so much crack you can smoke them. Seriously, nobody wants to believe in the rational for some unknown reason, like it is against them for an unknown reason.

It is just too much like right, to believe the rational. But they don't, we believe what we want to believe.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Because they are dumb.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
One man's logic is another man's fallacy.

-An Indigo Child

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Because people are tired of being lied to on both sides of the issue.

Both sides have become weary of the over the top attitude of a small percentage of each side of the debate.
It is this small percentage that stirs the pot, trolls, and turns what could be a healthy debate into a "free for all" instead.

At the same time, believers are staunch about official coverups, and don't always take kindly to having the official line quoted to them. And I don't blame them for the most part. Though there are times the official story makes as good of an explanation as anything else. IMO.

Skeptics are no different. They also become weary of hearing the official believers stance quoted to them. And I don't blame them either. Although there are times that the believers stance is also as good as anything else I've heard.

As to logic. Who decides what is logical? You? Me? And lets face it. Mysteries are not always logical. Sometimes truth really is stranger than fiction. Not everything in this world can be explained by our sciences. I know that's blasphemy, but true nonetheless.

As to Roswell. The reason it won't die is because of articles like the following.

Test confirms Roswell debris is not from Earth

A teacher at the New Mexico Military Institute in Roswell may have discovered the first scientific evidence of manufactured debris made on another planet. Furthermore, this debris was found near the location where pieces from an alleged flying saucer were discovered outside of Roswell in 1947.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Right - I previously accused you of a wrong!!!! I appologise again!

But many replies so far prove I'm correct!

Ignore facts. and just go on beliefs.

I'll repeat, I'm on the fence about a great many things. I'll reserve judgement until the facts are in. However, many people aren't willing to wait - they'll assume whatever they want to believe!

link   
reply to post by WhatAliens

Sometimes it takes personal experience’s to understand such things do happen to others.

Can I ask you a question, why did you join ATS? What are you’re looking for?

To me it looks like you joined up with the intent to call hoax on anything related to UFO’s and aliens. Your user name says it all.

It also goes to show how much research you have done on the subject.
Or you would have noticed most cases involve normal everyday people of a mature age, who have nothing to gain from lying or exaggerating their experiences.

Most come here silently looking for others who have similar experience’s. There are a lot of members and lurkers on ATS who don’t come forward until they find what it is they are looking for.
And then they will only leave a small hint of what is that has happened to them.

Whateva

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Nonsense. We dont know much about the Universe so nothing is absolute. We as a Species cant even agree on our Origin. Nothing is black and white now adays.

link   
another example of the good old quote applies here

"You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into"

aliens are like the missing links

link   

There is nowt' black or white, even in the examples you used, (although I don't know about the Pheonic bit) and conversely, if you ain't the younger you should know that better.

Again, conversely, if one believes in nothing but the bible, it is full of UFO's, or if you like extra terrestrial beings.

Believe it or not, I was young once and much was black and white, but one thing at least remains BW, there is plenty of room in the universe for entity like us, or not even similar, the simple answer is that we just do not know, and our logic, which is flawed in itself is never an answer alone.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I believe there is more than enough evidence to support that UFO's are real. The mystery is where do they come from?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

See, and I believe there are only shades of gray. Nothing is perfectly 'white' - and anything that isn't white, is only a lighter shade of black. I don't think it's as simple as God exists or doesn't. Or Aliens exist or don't. God is different for everyone... whether a being, or an element. Aliens can be as simple as a microorganism, to a being. That said, if "God" is believed to be a being, then you must believe in extra terrestrials, as God isn't from Earth. And that is where the shades of gray come from.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'm in the middle. Why? Because in my opinion, choosing to be black or white in regard to the existence of the most theoretical [controversial] entities--- God and aliens --- is counter-intuitive and close-minded. There's nothing particularly irrational about considering that some God may exist; no doesn't have to be the Christian God of scripture. I would like someone who thinks God doesn't exist as if it were fact, prove to me that their reasoning is without flaw. You think it's more likely that the universe spawned out of nothing in an instant for no reason, than some external being maybe sparked the creation? I don't understand that logic, and nobody has really given me a good response other than "It's fairy tales". Many atheist use the argument "fairy tales"in response to anything spiritual in question, and it quite honestly makes their thought process appear underdeveloped.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

Sometimes it takes personal experience’s to understand such things do happen to others.

Can I ask you a question, why did you join ATS? What are you’re looking for?

The truth. You?

To me it looks like you joined up with the intent to call hoax on anything related to UFO’s and aliens. Your user name says it all.

i do not believe aliens have ever visited this planet. Do you?

It also goes to show how much research you have done on the subject.

I'm 41 years old. So yeah, I'm a noob.

Or you would have noticed most cases involve normal everyday people of a mature age, who have nothing to gain from lying or exaggerating their experiences.

or have everything to gain from feeling important.

Most come here silently looking for others who have similar experience’s. There are a lot of members and lurkers on ATS who don’t come forward until they find what it is they are looking for.
And then they will only leave a small hint of what is that has happened to them.

Whateva

edit on 1-8-2011 by WhatAliens because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2011 by WhatAliens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Do you believe the bible, or parts thereof to whatever you suit?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
How i see it The Bible is based on Alien Visitation so they both go hand in hand.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join