It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mblah's Rosemary/dill bread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I LOVE rosemary and dill and esp in breads.

It was raining so I got bored and made some bread. My roommates friend gave me some fresh rosemary from her garden the other day so I used it.

Mblah's Rosemary/dill bread

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29562f3d9a80.jpg[/atsimg]
Ingredients

1 cup warm water
1 tbs white sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tbs butter, softened
1 package of yeast
4 cups bread flour
1 1/2 tbs fresh rosemary chopped finely
1 tsp dill
1/4 parmesan cheese
olive oil
1 egg beaten

Directions
preheat 375F

1. Mix sugar in with water then add yeast...let proof for about 10mins (it will look bubbly when ready)
2. Add salt, butter, rosemary and dill.
3. Slowly stir in two cups of flour til it starts to form a stiff dough
4. put on a lightly floured surface and slowly add the remaining flour and knead 10-15mins.
5. Take some olive oil and coat the inside of a medium sized bowl with it. Put dough in, cover and let rise (double in size) 1hr in a warm place. Outside works great right now or put it in the oven with the oven light on.
6. Once it has doubled in size punch down and separate into two round loafs. Cover and let rise another hour.
7. lightly coat bread pans with olive oil and preheat oven to 375F
8. Take a small bowl while bread is rising and mix the parmesean cheese, egg and a little bit of olive oil together.

Once the bread has risen bake in the oven at 375 for 10mins, then take it out of the oven and take the parmesean cheese mixture and baste the entire top of the loaf of bread with it. I used a brush, makes it easier if you dont have it use your fingers, just make sure you take it out of the oven first so you don't burn yourself.

Put back in the oven and bake 10 more mins or until a light golden brown.

It is great with butter or cream cheese!!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You do realize I am trying to lose weight. And your NOT helping at all with recipes like this. OK DaddyBare ain't helping either so it's not all your fault. I'll try this one, maybe tonight.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by barkingdogamato
You do realize I am trying to lose weight. And your NOT helping at all with recipes like this. OK DaddyBare ain't helping either so it's not all your fault. I'll try this one, maybe tonight.

Haha sorry, it's healthy...it's homemade

Yea I have a tendency to make people hungry....or so I have been told!

I have many other recipes in this forum and I have a cooking blog linked in my signature.

Haaa daddybare had me starving the other day and I couldn't go anywhere! I am going to be making some of his dishes this week and I can't wait!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I have already used several of yours, and always found them to be great. Love to cook, and eat good food.

One of these days I'll get DB with one, at least that my dream.

new topics

top topics

join