I LOVE rosemary and dill and esp in breads.
It was raining so I got bored and made some bread. My roommates friend gave me some fresh rosemary from her garden the other day so I used it.
Mblah's Rosemary/dill bread
1 cup warm water
1 tbs white sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tbs butter, softened
1 package of yeast
4 cups bread flour
1 1/2 tbs fresh rosemary chopped finely
1 tsp dill
1/4 parmesan cheese
1 egg beaten
1. Mix sugar in with water then add yeast...let proof for about 10mins (it will look bubbly when ready)
2. Add salt, butter, rosemary and dill.
3. Slowly stir in two cups of flour til it starts to form a stiff dough
4. put on a lightly floured surface and slowly add the remaining flour and knead 10-15mins.
5. Take some olive oil and coat the inside of a medium sized bowl with it. Put dough in, cover and let rise (double in size) 1hr in a warm place.
Outside works great right now or put it in the oven with the oven light on.
6. Once it has doubled in size punch down and separate into two round loafs. Cover and let rise another hour.
7. lightly coat bread pans with olive oil and preheat oven to 375F
8. Take a small bowl while bread is rising and mix the parmesean cheese, egg and a little bit of olive oil together.
Once the bread has risen bake in the oven at 375 for 10mins, then take it out of the oven and take the parmesean cheese mixture and baste the entire
top of the loaf of bread with it. I used a brush, makes it easier if you dont have it use your fingers, just make sure you take it out of the oven
first so you don't burn yourself.
Put back in the oven and bake 10 more mins or until a light golden brown.
It is great with butter or cream cheese!!