It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's alcohol problem.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

It makes no difference which political party you subscribe to because they are all involved in social engineering and the breakdown of the family structure and this is the main reason why our society is now fragmented and becoming lawless and more violent and drinking is one of the main causes of this. It certainly isn't the solution.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Um no you cant have a physical addiction to marijauna it is impossible. It IS possible to have a pyschological addiction but thats just you thinking you need it.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

I don't blame any one political party - I blame them all.
And I blame the outdated, corrupt and unrepresentative party political system that has failed us miserably.

Social Engineering is not a new phenomonon and successive governments from at least Thatcher's time have been conducting them.....however Blair became so brazen and transparent in his attempts to gradually dismantle British society....Cameron is following on in the same manner.

Their arrogance knows no bounds....however the majority remain oblivious of their manipulations etc.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Exactly and it really makes my blood boil when people go out of their way to defend these politicians, like they can do no wrong.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Alcohole should not be sold to under 21s in the UK, if society reaches a level of order then bring it down to 18 again, that way if the teens and college students start messing the country up it will be their fault for raising the drink limit to them and so it won't be classed as cool because they ruin it for everyone else.

The teenage problem is worse than it seems I don't think even the schools know how bad it can get or they deny the problem exists for the sake of popularity of establishment.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Alcohole should not be sold to under 21s in the UK, if society reaches a level of order then bring it down to 18 again, that way if the teens and college students start messing the country up it will be their fault for raising the drink limit to them and so it won't be classed as cool because they ruin it for everyone else.

The teenage problem is worse than it seems I don't think even the schools know how bad it can get or they deny the problem exists for the sake of popularity of establishment.

I think the issue with alcohol is, if the legal age is 18 - kids will start drinking by at least 16. Hell, legal age where I grew up was 21 and I was drinking every weekend at 16. You do need a few years to realise what its really about and learn your limits, but perhaps that comes with maturity. I certainly don't think getting wasted at 14 is a very good idea..

Edit: On a side note... Perhaps another significant British problem to note is stinginess

edit on 3-8-2011 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

Please share with us your definition of "stinginess"

Dont recognise that where I live.
Perhaps i`m lucky

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by katseyes
reply to post by arollingstone

Please share with us your definition of "stinginess"

Dont recognise that where I live.
Perhaps i`m lucky

It's a term used to describe being selfish, particularly with money but can be applied in a more general sense.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

There trying to escape from life...being sober is well depressing

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Thurisaz

There trying to escape from life...being sober is well depressing

lots human societies use some form of drug to escape reality,

edit on 4-8-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Nearly every single human society since we climbed out of the trees has used at least one sort of mind altering substance for either recreational or spiritual reasons, or both.

It was those damned self-righteous Puritans who started demonising it here in the UK then those equally overtly pious yet hypocritical Victorians took it even further by imposing their repressive values on the majority whilst indulging in excess themselves.

With the onset of WWI further limitations were placed on the availability of alcohol and the possession, distribution and sale of coc aine and opium were controlled under Home Office authority.
This was completely undebated in Parliament and since then both alcohol and other drugs and their recreational use has been increasingly demonised and prohibited to varying degrees using at times quite draconian legislation.

The anti-drugs propoganda campaign has been so efficient and effective that any reasoned debate about alternative approaches to current drug laws and policies are actively discouraged with a fanatical zeal and ignorance and anyone who attempts to broach the subject is immediately castigated and censored.
Even on a site like this such discussions are actively discouraged.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by katseyes

Stinginess - people being cheap..

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I still think these substances brings problems legal or not, the problem with Alcohole is that they raise the prices not the age limit and the problem is never resolved.

As for other drugs I think they cause too many health problems, they are like pharmacy drugs and need a limit on how much you can take and if drug dealers don't know then you more than likely going to get ill in both on long and short terms of taking them.

Even Cannabis makes people mentally ill if you have too much of it like any drug it has a limit and people just do it all the time for the over kill. Sometimes it might work in helping out with stress the first time but do it all the time and you become addicted to the buzz which leads to mental health problems.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I wonder if there will ever be a sensible debate on drugs in this country. I blame much of the media for creating a knee jerk response to any type of logical debate on the issue. You only need to look at the moral panic they created over ecstacy use for evidence.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Was it the Sun with "The agony and the ecstasy" as it's headline after that girl died?

I doubt we will have a sensible debate about it in the near future. Look at what happened when Proff. David Nutt said that ecstasy and '___' were safer than horse riding

<< 13  14  15   >>

join